Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Delayed Anfield walk-in?

Read 8178 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Delayed Anfield walk-in?
      Sep 02, 2008 01:52:57 pm
      If anyone is going please support the kop delayed walk in (10 mins late) at the Mancs game initiative.

An empty kop sends a ww message of hurt, anger and contempt to the Yanks and ww media and LFC support base... cameras will be focused on game but ALSO on the present Yanks as the kop remains empty and no YNWA is sung... we have to kill their PR game... and also send a message to the banks that the customers OF G&H HATE THEM.

Then on 10 mins, kop starts walking in to the chant of "WE WALK ON, YANKS WALK OUT".

On 20 mins Kop will be full and a very loud, passionante YNWA will be sung... lifting the players so much that they will feel they have TWO extra players on the pitch.

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS IDEA.
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 07:03:49 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Man Utd Protest?
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2008 04:57:58 pm
      If anyone is going please support the kop delayed walk in (10 mins late) at the Mancs game initiative.

An empty kop sends a ww message of hurt, anger and contempt to the Yanks and ww media and LFC support base... cameras will be focused on game but ALSO on the present Yanks as the kop remains empty and no YNWA is sung... we have to kill their PR game... and also send a message to the banks that the customers OF G&H HATE THEM.

Then on 10 mins, kop starts walking in to the chant of "WE WALK ON, YANKS WALK OUT".

On 20 mins Kop will be full and a very loud, passionante YNWA will be sung... lifting the players so much that they will feel they have TWO extra players on the pitch.

Got to say don I'm not too sure on this idea for two reasons.

1. A large influx of crowd after a game has kicked off is definitely not a good idea for reasons we only know too well, and

2. in any case the Police would simply delay the kick off.  It would receive patchy support and in any case the Kop would not be at most half empty at kick off time.

I don't know what the answer but we must lend our support to the players during the game, especially such a crucial game.

Maybe 10 minutes of standing with our backs turned away from the directors box? Something along those lines?
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Man Utd Protest?
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2008 05:06:41 pm

Not sure about not singing YNWA, i have been singing that song ever since the Kop stated to sing it in the 60,s.
      There is going to be a lot who will sing it.

But the rest I will go along with,  with the TV being there, if its done right, we will get the message across.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Man Utd Protest?
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2008 09:47:42 pm
      An empty kop at kick off against the mancs has to be a no no. we cant have them making all the noise as the teams take the field no way. I fully understand the reasons for a protest and even the idea for the protest just not against these c**ts
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #4: Sep 02, 2008 10:18:49 pm
      An empty kop at kick off against the mancs has to be a no no. we cant have them making all the noise as the teams take the field no way. I fully understand the reasons for a protest and even the idea for the protest just not against these c**ts

in my opinion The manc game is about supporting the team, lord knows we need it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Sep 02, 2008 10:39:01 pm
      in my opinion The manc game is about supporting the team, lord knows we need it.

Absolutely.

There has to be other ways. In my opinion, anything that happens inside Anfield at a match will not be taken notice of. The money's already passed through the turnstiles before then and we all know for a fact that money is all they care about.

I'm not saying the fact that something happening inside Anfield is a bad idea. Because I think the need to show togetherness against these tw*ts is essential. But there has to be other ways to hurt them and their image to third parties.

And we always have to support the team.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Sep 02, 2008 10:44:13 pm

It does sound like a good idea but im not sure if it would turn out to be a good thing, if we are to win the league this season and beat the Mancs then the team needs our full support at all times.

However for the whole of half time they could sing "WE WALK ON, YANKS WALK OUT" i cant see that having a negative effect on the player as they will be in the dressing room listening to rafa the gaffer
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: Sep 02, 2008 11:49:22 pm
      Not a bad idea there KK. 

I'm still all ears on a decent protest idea.  Maybe the SOS meeting on Saturday may have some other ideas.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Sep 03, 2008 01:20:20 am
      I honestly do think it it's now getting to the point where walkouts may be required to get our point across, but definitely don't feel the Utd game is the time to do it. I can't help but wonder too how much of this latest discontent is down to our showings on the pitch, a few good games & I think a lot of it would die down.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Sep 03, 2008 01:30:55 am
      I honestly do think it it's now getting to the point where walkouts may be required to get our point across, but definitely don't feel the Utd game is the time to do it. I can't help but wonder too how much of this latest discontent is down to our showings on the pitch, a few good games & I think a lot of it would die down.

It's the big television game though.  Broadcast worldwide etc etc.

I think some kind of demonstration should happen, but the 90 minutes on the field are sacred, and that's the issue.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10: Sep 03, 2008 01:32:23 am
      I still think something at half time when it wont have an impact on the players, either that o at full time when the players have left the pitch (maybe get a massvie banner and arrange it so that it can be placed on the pitch)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #11: Sep 03, 2008 01:43:59 am
      It's the big television game though.  Broadcast worldwide etc etc.

I think some kind of demonstration should happen, but the 90 minutes on the field are sacred, and that's the issue.

Yeah some other form of protest before or after the game is fine by me, just not the walkout. I do think it's something that may need to be considered for another game though.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #12: Sep 03, 2008 01:48:46 am
      Personally I don't see any protests as having any affect. The yanks already kow they're not wanted, the fans have made that crystal clear and they're still here. They also know that matches of any sort won't be boycotted because Liverpool fans in general are too loyal to our players and manager. We'll turn up week in week out and support our team.

The only viable option I see is an investor (probably DIC) coming in and buying these two out. Unfortunatelty that's going to take time but it's all we have to hope for as there's been a number of protests over the past 12 months and there still not shifting. It's sad but true, protests aren't having any real affect, all it's doing is broadcasting our problems and giving the media an absoloute field day to fill their papers and news bullet ins with complete and utter sh*te about our club.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: Sep 03, 2008 02:15:18 am
      Losing to Liege, as harsh as it seems, would have been something that would have forced these beauts out of Anfield.

Can we not just torch one of their cars?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14: Sep 03, 2008 02:17:49 am

Can we not just torch one of their cars?

With or without them in it?
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Sep 03, 2008 04:23:30 pm
      How about getting to Anfield about an hour before kick off with banners and chants.Then again at half time and again at full time.That way the lads still get the support they deserve.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #16: Sep 03, 2008 04:30:04 pm
      I think it would be a bad idea to do any sort of protest before kick off, thats a keytime when the players need our support and we need to be focussing on them and not the owners at that point in time.

Im standing by my view of doing it at half time or full time when the players wont be effected in anyway.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #17: Sep 03, 2008 05:02:29 pm
      Not the United game no way, we need this game to have our full support, im going and im going to sing my heart out for the lads. The half time chanting idea is a good one and I reckon maybe we should get the word about and carry this out, it will gain media coverage and work against the Yanks. Maybe put a flyer or something on every Kop seat if thats possible ;D!
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Sep 03, 2008 05:09:11 pm
      Yeah we have Stoke next which I think wpuld be more suitable, the lads need are backing for the visit of the scum and lets forget about these Yanks and get behind Liverpool FC
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #19: Sep 03, 2008 06:09:16 pm
      couldn't we just invite the yanks into the sandon after the game for a few pints  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Sep 03, 2008 09:47:56 pm
      Agreed regarding the delayed walk in. And we really need to get behind the lads for the United match.

Hitting them in the pocket won't do much either, as they don't use any money we already have. Just money out against ourselves in the forms of refinance and loans! ;) Tosspots!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #21: Sep 03, 2008 11:35:54 pm
      couldn't we just invite the yanks into the sandon after the game for a few pints  ;)

They may turn up a the Sandon but there will b no guarentee that they leave :boxing: :laugh:
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #22: Sep 04, 2008 04:59:53 pm
      Protests during the 90 minutes or during half time are very difficult to get going now. The Club, bizzies an stewards are fly to it now, and have measures in place to limit them.  There was also an agreement  after the Kop mutiny at the Barnsley match, that when the team is on the pitch we support them 100% no distractions. The half time protest against Boro was a mixed bag they put the PA system way up to drown us out.

If i'm honest if there will be anymore protests they'll be outside Anfield, before or after the match, NOT during.

Quick Reply