Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Windows Media Center

Read 1562 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Windows Media Center
      Sep 03, 2008 12:06:02 am
      Does anybody actually use this program.

What is it all about.  I've got a feeling it's one of those programs that if you used it properly it would be the dogs swingers.

Please, can a Windows Media Center expert let me know what I'm missing out on.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Windows Media Center
      Reply #1: Sep 03, 2008 01:00:39 am
      Well to be honest JD, I've never noticed it on my PC before. I've just now set it up, and it doesn't seem to be anything special.

It has a TV option, which (naturally) you need a TV tuner for. It also plays your music and lets you watch DVD's, etc. Oh, and it views photos too.

All in all, just another lousy way of trying to "entertain" your basic user. I daresay it's not too popular.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #2: Sep 03, 2008 01:02:18 am
      I know some people buy those PC's that come with out a monitor and they just plug it all in next to their big high-def TV.

I think they use it with the TV tuner thing. 

If there are any fans who can tell me that it will change my life then feel free. Think I'm with you though Res.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Sep 03, 2008 02:01:30 pm
      Same here. I had a mooch and thought it was quite good but it didn't replace my usual Media Player activity! :D

Problem for me was when I went through all my CD's, the majority didn't have the covers on (not due to my tireless pilaging of the free variety of music, of course! :D) so it wasn't as visually pleasing as it's set up- to be! :D I think that's just me though, I'm fussier about stuff like that!

If it was through my telly though, I'd see what all the fuss was about! ;)

Quick Reply