Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Football Manager 2009

Read 78294 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Football Manager 2009
      Reply #23: Sep 15, 2008 02:01:20 pm
      Oh I cannot wait.

PLAY.COM

TV View. Watch your matches in new full screen TV view and customise your match day screen with widgets to view the information you need as a football manager, be it player performance, match action zones, pitch radar, latest scores and many more.

Assistant Manager Feedback. Pre-match and in-match feedback from your Assistant Manager on how the team is performing and your player's motivation levels, as well as hints on how your tactics are working and how you could outwit the opposition's tactics.

Press Conferences. Attend pre-match and post-match press conferences with local and national journalists and build up relationships with them over time, but choose your answers carefully because they could come back to haunt you in the media at a later date.

Transfer System. Completely new and re-written transfer system code, providing an even more realistic simulation of real-life football transfers.

Transfer Rumours. View the latest news on what players are being speculated on, and who's said to be interested in securing their services.

Board Confidence. Following on from its addition in Football Manager 2008, board confidence has been expanded and improved. In addition, the board will now also offer feedback on your squad harmony and your club's stature in the football world.

Preferred Moves. Train your players to learn 'preferred moves' to add to their game. For example, train central defenders to not dive into tackles, or wingers to do step-overs before crossing the ball.

Female Manager. For the very first time you can now play as a female manager. All of the text in the game now also has a female gender so the game represents female managers and staff in the game in the correct gender.

Football Manager 2009's match engine has seen more testing than ever before having been extensively beta tested in Football Manager Live for the past year.

Quote from: PLAY.COM
      The famous Football Manager match engine can now be viewed in full 3D with motion captured animations for the players. Sports Interactive has been working on the 3D match engine for nearly 3 years with the support of SEGA Japan's Virtua Striker team who provided the motion capture data and some of the animations. You can now watch your matches in 3D from multiple camera angles and re-watch any part of the match by fast forwarding and rewinding the action using a new match time bar that flags the key moments in the game. The old 2D view of the match engine is still there, especially for those people whose computers aren't powerful enough to take advantage of the 3D views.

As a result of usability testing on Football Manager 2008, this year sees widescreen support for the game for the first time, as well as lots of tweaks to the user interface for easier navigation.

Football Manager 2009 is fully updated for the new 2008/09 football season with all the latest league, club and player data, featuring over 5,000 playable clubs from over 50 countries, and around 350,000 players and staff from around the world, drawn fresh from the famous Sports Interactive database.

Sports Interactive have worked hard to reflect the greater impact the media has been having in recent years on the world of football, in the in-game dealings with the press. The game now features more news stories, more detail and greater media interaction than ever before, creating an even more realistic simulation of the football world.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Football Manager 2009
      Reply #24: Sep 15, 2008 10:46:11 pm
      When is the demo available for download?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #25: Sep 17, 2008 10:36:02 pm
      Its really annoying that you cant buy this for the ps3.....or any decent manager game grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #26: Sep 18, 2008 10:06:09 pm
      Goodbye life wife.

Hello Football Manager.
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2008 09:09:00 am by Court LFC »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #27: Sep 20, 2008 01:30:57 am
      what dates everyone getting it?

I'm gonna try an get it on the day it comes out, been waiting too long for FM, since me FM08 broke. Broke a few months back...life just hasn't been the same since :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28: Sep 20, 2008 01:47:26 am

Im going to be getting it the day it's released
      RedSam
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #29: Sep 20, 2008 09:42:00 am
      Cheapest I've found. Never used The Hut so don't know how reliable they are. Can't wait for this game.

http://www.thehut.com/hut/9996411.product
      N-I Red
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -3 
      Reply #30: Sep 23, 2008 01:11:43 pm
      cant wait for it til come out

I've been addicted to it since i was 8 ;D :)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #31: Sep 23, 2008 04:44:29 pm
      first one I ever had was Champ Man 4 - took Birmingham to League Cup success with Anatoli Todorov as me main forward with Heskey chipping in now and then. This was after getting to Div 1 with Chester and Birmingham had been recently relegated.

Footy Manager is just getting better though, with even more realism. Really can't wait till the 14th of Nov.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32: Sep 24, 2008 05:47:57 pm
      Why is the 14th of november so damn far away!, i cannot wait for the game to be released and i have just pre-ordered ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #33: Sep 25, 2008 02:41:38 am
      I think it would be good if you were able to select ticket prices for various competitions but im not sure if they have put this on the game.

Hopefully you will be ble to do things with your career earnings too, on FM08 i had built up a massive amount of career earnings but i was'nt able to use that money so it seems abit pointless it being there IMO.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #34: Sep 25, 2008 01:23:38 pm
      I think it would be good if you were able to select ticket prices for various competitions but im not sure if they have put this on the game.

not really a manager's job though mate. That's up to the board...football chairman anyone?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35: Sep 25, 2008 06:22:52 pm
      not really a manager's job though mate. That's up to the board...football chairman anyone?

See the FM Live thread ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36: Sep 25, 2008 10:19:31 pm

Yes but it would add that extra something to the game in the financial aspect. Although if it was put on the game then it would probably just be a board request. E.g. 'Lower or Increase ticket prices'
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #37: Sep 26, 2008 10:10:13 pm
      board request maybe - good idea as well, but for an actual manager I doubt.

I hope the chairmen are realistic on the new game an all. Like Tom and George not giving too much money and the Glazers giving everything without being seen.

Best part of every FM game is Liverpool always move into a new stadium on it...oh the joys of technology. Then back in reality, you know the rest.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #38: Sep 28, 2008 12:55:15 am
      best thing ever with footy manager was,

i used to work with 7 other pc technicians..... we wired the room up so all our pcs where attached
      then when work was slack as it usually was ... we had a league thingy going with us all involved.
      fortunatly i got chelsea and won just about everything.........ha ha version 2007 i think...buy salvador foti....best player
      we really took the piss and played it for 6 months solid
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #39: Sep 28, 2008 06:27:20 pm
      d'you mean a network game Robby?

A group of us from school had one. There was 12 of us so we decided to do the SPL - I ended up Motherwell and finished 5th.
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #40: Oct 07, 2008 03:55:59 pm

Hopefully you will be ble to do things with your career earnings too, on FM08 I had built up a massive amount of career earnings but I was'nt able to use that money so it seems abit pointless it being there IMO.

there were similar features in an older ps2 game either from the LMA or Premier manager series
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Oct 17, 2008 07:26:56 am
      Cannot wait! I just started a new career with Liverpool in 08. Earning your way there takes too fecking long and once i got there all the stars of today were 28/9/30. If Matias Fernandes and David Villa linking up isnt the best atacking weapon i'd like to know what is. Villa scored his 43rd for the season against Scum in a 3-1 win so i was chuffed :D Lost 5 matches, 1 in the league, 1 in the Euro groups to Valencia and my first leg to Inter in the Quarters but bounced back to get into the final and 2 in the domestic cups. Isnt a good sign me playing this long considering i'm in final year of school :D

FOR: 112 goals

AGAINST: 27

Corluka and Carragher solid as rocks they are.

Our release date here is the same, if only there was some online mode somehow to play but the new version sounds a treat.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #42: Oct 25, 2008 07:02:37 pm
      Mati Fernandez has risen to hero status for me, just based on FM :lmao: only i got him and Nando... and Pato... and Vela..... and... i could go on here :D
      Mildrop
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 207 posts |
      Reply #43: Oct 25, 2008 07:11:58 pm
      Just got an email for the demo release date, its midnight on Sunday 2nd November.

Demo is 6 months game time I believe and your save game carries over when you buy the full game

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #44: Oct 25, 2008 07:14:23 pm
      Just got an email for the demo release date, its midnight on Sunday 2nd November.

Demo is 6 months game time I believe and your save game carries over when you buy the full game

Oo cant wait
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #45: Oct 25, 2008 11:18:48 pm
      2nd of Novemeber? A week or so then, not too long for a lad whose been without FM since about March. Can't wait for this one.

First signing - Steve Fletcher from Hibs, bought him on me last FM for Liverpool (before I knew about him properly in real life an all) and he scored 7 in his 5 games. Good forward, trust me.

Second signing - Ashley Young (hopefully) to sort the right wing out.

Third signing - don't need one.

First to be sold - Benayoun/Aurelio/Dossena/Intandje/Kuyt take your pick. All five will be sold to bring in funds though.

Quick Reply