Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Keegan Petition

Read 12212 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Re: Keegan Petition
      Reply #23: Sep 08, 2008 07:24:11 am
      No problem, always got time for any other genuine footy fan, well except the scum and the blueshite  >:D
      Met Keegan a few times when I was a young girl, great bloke.

God I did not know Keegan was that old.

Only joking MsG.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #24: Sep 08, 2008 08:30:02 pm
      Steady on steady on.

Now I 'used' to have a lot of time for Newcastle fans.  I 'used' to think they weren't a million miles from us.  However, I've heard the 'In your Liverpool slums' once too many often from their entire crowd up at St James so forgive me if I don't join in your silly F***ing petition.

You lot are your clubs on worst enemy. 

We might be a laughing stock off the pitch, but you lot are a laughing stock in the stands as well.

Might have a point JD, but this lad means well. Let's not judge or tarnish with the same brush.

To keegan, all the best!!! To managers hassled by their board on transfers, we understand. RAFA we understand for it has just happened to him with one Gareth Barry!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #25: Sep 09, 2008 12:33:08 am
      I'm not signing because personally I couldn't give a toss if Keegan returns to Newcastle or any other club for that matter. The fella has no love for Liverpool any more, he's made that blantantly clear on more than one occassion.

And for some reason I've always had a problem with Newcastle. Just never had any time for them. They win a game and all of a sudden they're gonna win the league then they lose and they want the board sacked. 9 months ago Mike Ashley and Chris Mort were the biggest heroes on Tyneside for bring Keegan back, now that Keegan has walked out it's the board;s fault. Keegen resigned. He walked out on his beloved club. He let the fans down. He didn't get his way so he spat his dummy out, threw his toys out the pram and walked away like he always has done when things get hard for him. F**k him, I'm glad he's gone. We hear how loyal Newcastle fans are...what's loyal about turning on your manager (Allerdyce, Souness, Dalglish, Guillit) board (Mort, Ashley, Wise, Shepheard) and players (Barton, Bellamy, Owen at one point, Scott Parker) at every given chance. When Liverpool fans have turned on their board it's with good F***ing reason, Newcastle turn on their board because they lose a game. That's not loyalty, that's a load of bollocks. And for fucks sake get another song other than "there's only one Kevin Keegan" it's boring. And you're all that upset that King Kev has gone, why are you filled with smiles, texting yer mam and dad cos you're on the telly. If you're broken hearted you're not gonna be bothered if you're on the telly or not, you just want your point put across. Disgrace of a club it really is. I'll sign a petition to keep Newcastle United Football Club off my telly for 12 whole months.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Sep 09, 2008 01:10:06 am
      And for some reason I've always had a problem with Newcastle. Just never had any time for them. They win a game and all of a sudden they're gonna win the league then they lose and they want the board sacked. 9 months ago Mike Ashley and Chris Mort were the biggest heroes on Tyneside for bring Keegan back, now that Keegan has walked out it's the board;s fault. Keegen resigned. He walked out on his beloved club. He let the fans down. He didn't get his way so he spat his dummy out, threw his toys out the pram and walked away like he always has done when things get hard for him. F**k him, I'm glad he's gone. We hear how loyal Newcastle fans are...what's loyal about turning on your manager (Allerdyce, Souness, Dalglish, Guillit) board (Mort, Ashley, Wise, Shepheard) and players (Barton, Bellamy, Owen at one point, Scott Parker) at every given chance. When Liverpool fans have turned on their board it's with good F***ing reason, Newcastle turn on their board because they lose a game. That's not loyalty, that's a load of bollocks. And for fucks sake get another song other than "there's only one Kevin Keegan" it's boring. And you're all that upset that King Kev has gone, why are you filled with smiles, texting yer mam and dad cos you're on the telly. If you're broken hearted you're not gonna be bothered if you're on the telly or not, you just want your point put across. Disgrace of a club it really is. I'll sign a petition to keep Newcastle United Football Club off my telly for 12 whole months.

:lmao: That was a quality rant!

Keegan will be back there in a few years time.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #27: Sep 09, 2008 04:21:17 pm
      What has £20 million for Robbie Keane got to do with Geordie scruffs, WE have ambitions because we have seen and done it before, unlike that shower of eternal losers. And yes I was there the last time we won the title.

Whoop dee-doo. You lot haven't won it in years, you're practically on the same peg as Everton, Spurs, City etc. The fact is every supporter deserves ambitions-but both Liverpool and Newcastle fans share slightly unrealistic ambitions.

Drawde they are Sky loving muppets - how many of the wankers turned up when that tw*t Jim White(the scottish n*b off SSN) was at St James Park for the official unveiling of Michael Owen. Was there any scenes like this when we bought Nando - don't think so.

It's not the clubs fault if the media take a bit more interest in a player who actually has a proven goalscoring record in the premiership. And you can't blame the fans for feeling happy they've gotten a world class finisher on their team. If I remember correctly, quite a few people on the board were very nervous about Torres, hopeful, but very nervous for a player who was supposed to be the man that would finish off the title. Of course, he exceeded my expectations and everyone elses, I will give him that, but you still finished fourth last season. And when I look at the Kop board, I see people saying "This is our year, this is it!" I mean damn, don't be the pot calling the kettle black.

"They have to put up with this sh*t from owners all the time" - Maybe they should of done something in protest when that Freddy Sheppard virtually took the piss out of them, remember when they claimed the shirts are made for a fiver and all the geordie women are dogs stuff in the NOTW. Oh and what the F**k is a petition going to do, I can imagine Ashley, Mort and Wise are shitting themselves.

Oh and if I'm not mistaken Rafa has been fu**ed around has he not, November last year, Liverpool fans marched down Oakfield Road before the Porto game and generally made loads of noise before and during the game in protest over the treatment of Rafa by those two yank fuckwits. Would the Geordies have stood with us then. You F***ing kidding, did they not chant USA at Anfield. 

I'm sure walking down a F***ing road made the Yanks really scared. Honestly, I appreciate the symbolic value and everything, but I doubt that changed anything. And for the Sheppard thing, Newcastle supporters are very loyal, I'm sure they back their club to the hilt. And the Geordies did do quite alot of protesting against Sheppard in games. Just like you were doing with the Yanks! Same difference really.

Surely you're getting Man U mixed up with Everton as well, it's always them moaning about Heysel, Man U generally go on about Hillsborough. And when was the last time you heard Munich chanted at Anfield.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20060220/ai_n16146308

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28: Sep 09, 2008 04:36:34 pm
      Tell me again what the F**k have Oxford ever f***in done!

European Cup Winners -  2005, Finalist 2007
      Uefa Cup Winners - 2001
      Fa Cup Winners -  2001, 2006
      League Cup Winners - 2001, 2003, Finalist 2005

I haven't included Charity Shields, Super Cups or World Club Championships we've appeared in, So tell me again how we share slightly unrealistic ambitions.

I possibly looking forward to going to Rome in May - Like a lot of other Liverpool fans! What the F**k are Newcastle fans and you looking forward to!!!

What did marching down the road change, well Rafa kept his job, and even Montse alluded to it in the Radio City hour long interview about the fans being in the street and around the main stand, so that her, Rafa and the team could heart it.

You know a bit like Istanbul!!! Thats the difference though, Newcastle fans bang on about being best fans in world, whereas we simply know we are.

Oh and I never bang on about it being our year and don't even try to comparen me and you mate. I will always love Liverpool - you're just a gloryhunter FACT!!!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #29: Sep 09, 2008 08:17:06 pm
      Signed, good luck in the petition. And JD, how would you feel if Rafa left for the same reasons? You'd feel pretty F***ing pissed off, just like the Newcastle supporters do.

Firstly Liverpool would never be the kind of club where a manager gets 6 months and then gets hounded out by the fans (maybe not in Keegan's case fair point - but they've brought a lot of pressure on the board themselves).

Secondly, I wouldn't hop over on to a Newcastle forum to get them to sign my petition.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #30: Sep 09, 2008 10:17:31 pm
      Tell me again what the F**k have Oxford ever f***in done!

European Cup Winners -  2005, Finalist 2007
      Uefa Cup Winners - 2001
      Fa Cup Winners -  2001, 2006
      League Cup Winners - 2001, 2003, Finalist 2005

I haven't included Charity Shields, Super Cups or World Club Championships we've appeared in, So tell me again how we share slightly unrealistic ambitions.

Yes, but I'd be more inclined to place teams who have won the Premiership recently as the ones who will win it. You can win the Champions League though. FYI, Oxford have won the League Cup and would have gotten into Europe if it wasn't for English clubs being kicked out... No sour grapes though! We worked our way up from the bottom league division to the old First Division under Jim Smith. Also, we've never been half as rich as you lot. I'd say in boardroom affairs we're slightly more honest as well, owned by a local businessman who would have played for Oxford had it not been for an injury early on... And you're owned by a pair of Yanks, and you're now whoring yourself out to DIC, will the shame ever end? Oh, and as for sharing unrealistic ambitions, Newcastle believe they should be in the Top Four, that's unrealistic, but Liverpool think they should win huge trophies every season... Both unrealistic!

I possibly looking forward to going to Rome in May - Like a lot of other Liverpool fans! What the F**k are Newcastle fans and you looking forward to!!!

I'm looking forward to Oxford getting back into the League in the next few seasons. Not unrealistic.

What did marching down the road change, well Rafa kept his job, and even Montse alluded to it in the Radio City hour long interview about the fans being in the street and around the main stand, so that her, Rafa and the team could heart it.
      Yay. The Yanks themselves probably had a right old laugh over it.

You know a bit like Istanbul!!! Thats the difference though, Newcastle fans bang on about being best fans in world, whereas we simply know we are.

I'm sure every set of supporters "knows" they are the best in the world.

Oh and I never bang on about it being our year and don't even try to comparen me and you mate. I will always love Liverpool - you're just a gloryhunter FACT!!!

Go F**k yourself, you stupid c**t. Don't ever call me a gloryhunter. In case you haven't noticed, I've used Oxfords badge as my avatar since I joined, I've worn it with pride that I can call myself an Oxford fan. I can't blame you for loving Liverpool, I know how you feel - but don't ever F***ing call me a glory hunter. Sure, Liverpool are my favourite Premiership club, but If I was going for the glory aspect I think I'd choose someone who has actually won the League in the last ten years. But Oxford always come first. No matter what. So go F**k yourself. That's one thing that really F***ing pisses me off, people saying "Glory Hunter."

Firstly Liverpool would never be the kind of club where a manager gets 6 months and then gets hounded out by the fans (maybe not in Keegan's case fair point - but they've brought a lot of pressure on the board themselves).

Secondly, I wouldn't hop over on to a Newcastle forum to get them to sign my petition.

Sure, but I signed the petition for the Newcastle fans who do love the club, who don't hound the managers until they've had a chance, I signed it for them. Noone is forcing you to sign it. He just asked for some help from a group of supporters who he and others admire. He speaks politely and you slag him and his fellow supporters off. You won't win friends that way.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #31: Sep 09, 2008 11:51:54 pm
      Drawde please mate stop, it's getting tiring.

The entire crowd last year at St James' told Sam Allerdyce he didn't know what he was doing, when we playing them up there. The entire crowd. I don't give a F**k, Newcastle fans are the biggest moaning bas**rds this side of Mars. Not a week goes by where the cameras aren't up there broadcasting another of their poxy demonstrations. Any excuse to have a moan, that's them all over.

Also I'd like to point out AGAIN, that Keegan was not sacked. KEEGAN WALKED OUT ON THE CLUB AND FANS THAT ADORE HIM. Managers who love their club and the fans who support the club don't walk out because the owners are breathing a bit heavy down their neck, look at our very own Rafa Benitez, but no Keegan thinks he runs the F***ing club and wants everyone to bow down to him. Well tough sh*t, you've got to work under difficult circumstances at times, Keegan did what he's always done, walked away when times got hard. Did in his first spell, did it at City, did it with England and he's done it again. I wouldn't mind so much if he actually walked away after doing something...but what has he ever won as a manager? Nothing, but promotion from the old division 1 (now championship) that's it. He threw away the league with Newcastle, biggest point tally overturned in Premiership history because his bottle went and didn't know how to manage a side capable of winning trophies. He's a sh*t manager, so why people hold him up as one of England's most talented managers is beyond me.

His opening press confernce when he rejoined he said "I'm the only man capable of managing Newcastle United" well he managed them alright didn't he, then he walked out on them. AGAIN. Why those geordie's can't realise this is unbelievable. He wasn't sacked, his contract wasn't terminated and he didn't move to a bigger club...no he walked out. And by doing that he said the Newcastle fans weren't worth fighting for. Those fans aren't worth as much as a bit of interfearance from Wise, Mort, Ashley and whoever else. Those fans aren't worth the hassle. There's your F***ing King Kev for you. Didn't want to fight for those fans, instead just leave them in a bigger pile of sh*t. Also why should we worry over a fella who defended Joey Barton? He's defending a criminal, who nearly ended somebody else's career. Oh yeah Keegan's a great role model.

F**k off Keegan, you're nothing but a waste of time and fame hunting b***ard anyway. Total respect for your footballing skills because you were untouchable during the early to mid 70s in a Liverpool shirt.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Sep 12, 2008 09:40:35 pm
      Ha Ha Ha Ha - well this petition either worked or it's a good bit of PR to ward off any protests at Newcastle's game tomorrow!!

Oh by the way Keegan supposedly has met Ashley tonight in London.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #33: Sep 17, 2008 10:41:30 pm
      Ano Keegan is an ex-liverpool legend, and i respect him for that. I also believe that he was wrongly dismissed however, i am in complete shock that he has soooooooooooooooooooo many supporters cause the guy is so full of himself
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Sep 17, 2008 11:39:41 pm
      Just don't mention Baseball Bats around him though!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Sep 17, 2008 11:59:21 pm
      Just don't mention Baseball Bats around him though!

Did he not get a screwdriver in his arse cheek? Or am I thinking of someone else?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #36: Sep 18, 2008 12:30:01 am
      You're thinking of Mickey Thomas when he was at Wrexham mate
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Nov 04, 2008 01:23:25 am
      Where have all the Newcastle fans gone?

Lowest attendance at St James Park tonight for 8 years in the league?

Shame that - considering they won and went 14th.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #38: Nov 04, 2008 01:31:42 am
      They'll be out in force tomorrow saying give Kinear the job full time. He's the new messiah, the new god, the new idol and all the rest.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #39: Nov 04, 2008 09:14:30 am
      From Newcastle's Evening Chronicle

The victory was Joe Kinnear’s second win in a row as Toon fans cheered every pass at the end of the game on a wonderful night for the Magpies.

:f_whistle:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Nov 04, 2008 12:26:53 pm
      Martins was F***ing beast though last night/this morning. But all credit to F***ing Kinnear. He F***ing won that for F***ing Newcastle. F***ing legend...

Ooo, sorry. Caught up in the moment.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41: Nov 04, 2008 03:34:24 pm
      Would say one thing about Joe Kinnear, at least he tried to get Wimbledon playing football, unlike those two cu*ts Bassett and Gould.

He won't get the job full-time, I can see them wanting a bigger name manager.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #42: Nov 04, 2008 04:41:04 pm
      He won't get the job full-time, I can see them wanting a bigger name manager.

Like Barry Fry maybe?  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply