Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Charles Lewis "Mask"

Read 4359 times
      5starred
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 52 posts |
      Charles Lewis "Mask"
      Apr 02, 2009 10:10:19 am

didnt find this out till now Shame to lose such a great guy who helped so many up and coming fighters whether they were stars or mid and lower card fighters. I know not all of you know who he is but for those of you who dont this is one man where looks can deceiving. R.I.P Mask (Charles Lewis, Jr) my thoughts go out to his family and Punkass and Skyskrape his TapouT family

Charles Lewis, Mask of TapouT, Dies
      Posted Mar 11, 2009 3:16PM By Michael David Smith (RSS feed)

Filed Under: MMA Gossip

Multiple MMA sources say that Charles Lewis, better known as Mask, the man behind the MMA clothing line TapouT, died early Wednesday morning in a car crash in Newport Beach, California.

Mask was reportedly driving his red Ferrari around 1 a.m. when he collided with a Porsche, hit a curb and hit a light pole. He was pronounced dead at the scene, and his passenger was hospitalized with unspecified injuries. KTLA News reported that the impact of the crash broke the Ferrari into two pieces.

Police said the Porsche came to a brief stop and then sped away. The Los Angeles Times reports that the driver of the Porsche, Jeffrey David Kirby, was later apprehended and charged with gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated. His bail was set at $1 million.

Although there has been no official confirmation from either the police or TapouT that Mask was the man who died, several sources in the MMA world have said Mask died, and multiple MMA web sites are reporting it. Mask's friends and family are in the thoughts of everyone in the MMA community today.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/03/11/with-heavy-hearts-tapout-confirms-death-of-charles-mask-lew/

Quick Reply