Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Who in the Sporting World do you dislike?

Read 21311 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Who in the Sporting World do you dislike?
      Sep 08, 2008 02:36:39 pm
      After reading the tennis post before and nearly joining the Andy Murray fan club it occurred to me I have a dislike for a few men/women and teams when it comes to sport, you know your sitting watching Sky sports and up pops someone you just will to lose. So with that in mind I thought I would ask do you have anyone in sports either person or team who you do or did dislike so much you just willed them to fail.

Manā€¦Manchā€¦.Maā€¦oh sod it them from the other end of the East Lancs.

A football team who are despised by every neutral and adored by every pundit, Im sorry but what other club would have the audacity to market their ground as the ā€˜Theatre of Dreamsā€™. I will admit I have admired some of the footballing talent that has passed like a bad curry through the sewer that is Old Trafford, but any praise I would give has always been swatted away by the magnitude of big headedness that emanates from that club. I have had a few really close friends who do actually come from Manchester and nicer lads you would find it hard to meet, but if I hear another ā€˜REDā€™ from Neasden or Essex come on the radio or telly and talk as if Man U invented football I will not be responsible for my actions.
      The other thing they sadly lack is good grace to an opponent after a win or loss, whilst Corn beef nose will quite rightly go down (six feet hopefully) as one of the greats he will never be the greatest manager ever no matter how many trophies he wins for that you need to be humble now and again as in Paisleyā€™s or Sir Matt Busbyā€™s case.

Andy Murray

(Please see tennis topic) as I explained itā€™s not his nationality itā€™s his personality and whilst I donā€™t expect him to do stand up comedy he could try a little harder to be more personable, if heā€™ trying the silent but deadly act Im sorry it doesnā€™t work for me.

Monica Seles

Whilst on a Tennis theme this girl used to do my head in sure she could play but the screaming she used to accompany it had only previously been heard when I borrowed a dubious VHS tape off mucky Harry in the stores only then to find it whirred like a sea king helicopter every time I fast forwarded to an artistic bit!
      In the end I forgot borrowing a tape and just watched the tennis until her career was cut short (literally!) by someone from the noise abatement society.

Peter Ebdon

I like snooker but this fella still winds me up when I see him play, from his screaming cā€™mon at the top of his voice to the manky pony tail he once had I just willed everyone to beat him, I have mellowed a bit with him now but at the time if Osama bin laden had appeared at the crucible with a cue I would have been with him all the way against shy Peter.

Andy Gray

I use the sportsman theme very loosely here but Mr Gray is the man who combined football with martial arts to be fair. Years before Mr Cantona drop kicked a podgy Palace fan wearing a plastic synthetic leather jacket (the fan obviously) Andy ā€œa face only a mother could loveā€ Gray had made a career out of integrating GBH into the game, just watch the cup final when the Peoples club (unless its Wednesday cos ive got bingo!) played Watford  and you will see Andy Gray leap to contest a ball whilst demonstrating a fore arm smash in a ā€˜hard but fairā€™ challenge that resulted in a goal, a black eye and extensive bridge work at the lads dentist.
      Yes the game was harder but not to the extent anyone who played with him now suffers with post traumatic stress (wife included)
      He now talks a really good game but not well enough to manage a team having bottled the only offer he got from Villa; he is now content with his punditry and fame as a Shrek lookalike. And of course ā€œOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU BEAUTY! What a hit son, what a hit!ā€

As Im in work I will have to do some so tell us who in the world of sport past or present really makes you think ā€¦..Oh I canā€™t stand him/them.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Re: Who in the Sporting World do you dislike?
      Reply #1: Sep 08, 2008 03:14:32 pm
      Too many!!!!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Sep 08, 2008 03:22:41 pm
       :lmao:  I'll have a good think about that one Glenbuck, I've got quite a few as well !!   ;)
      Evilone
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: Sep 08, 2008 03:54:38 pm
      I find Zlatan Ibrahimovic sympathic but i hate very mutch and i wish him bad thing in evrey game he play :P hihih and i also hate Lampard :P
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #4: Sep 08, 2008 04:02:18 pm
      John Parrott - f***in evertonian to start off with and secondly he thinks he's hillariously funny which he isn't.

Phil Neville - played for United and Everton and is related to Gary. (and he's the reason England went of euro 2000 for that pen he gave away against Romania)

Phil Taylor (dartsmen not our former manager) - far too arrogant for his own good. great dartsman, sh*te attitude.

Prince Nassem Hammid - sh*te boxer who thought he was the world's best.

Ricky Ponting - moaning b***ard who moans at any decision that goes against him instead of just getting on with it.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Sep 08, 2008 04:13:23 pm
      Gary Neville
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #6: Sep 08, 2008 04:16:53 pm
      The whole of the Manc and Everton team, including managers.

Can't stand Maria Sharapova with all the grunting, and other weird noise making.  :f_steam:

And i'm sure there's more but i can't think of any right now.  :-\
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #7: Sep 08, 2008 04:27:01 pm
      Peter Reid always got on my tits as a player, I hated him when I was a kid! :D

For some reason I always hated Perry Groves too, though I think it was more just his face than anything else!

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Sep 08, 2008 04:42:29 pm
      Chris Eubank

a picture is worth a thousand words
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Sep 08, 2008 06:28:27 pm
      Well here we go  :D

Phil Taylor - for the same reasons as DLS.

Alex Ferguson -   He's got a face I want to slap.

Andy Gray -   for thinking he knows just about everything there is to know about football but didn't have the bottle to try management successfully, and he's blueshite.

Wayne Mardle -   Same arrogant attitude as Phil Taylor.

Tanni Grey-Thompson  For having a huge chip on her shoulder.

Frank Lampard -   for having a mouth like a camel and being Chelski sh*te.

Jose Mourinho -   Arrogant over-rated tw*t.

Cristiano Ronaldo -   For the way he stands with his legs open when he's just about to take a free-kick.

Told you I hated a lot of sportsmen/women  :lmao: :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #10: Sep 08, 2008 06:36:50 pm
      Just thought of another two...frankie de F***ing torri. Can't stand him. Especially when he was captain of Question Of Sport.

And if she counts as the sporting world, Helen Chamberlain. The worst presenter on the telly, can't stand her either. Desperate to be a fella.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #11: Sep 08, 2008 06:40:10 pm
      I know they are not sportsmen , but our F***ing OWNERS.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #12: Sep 08, 2008 08:16:49 pm
      Neil Warnock - Hate this guy with a passion.  Loud-mouthed, over opinionated tw*t.  Heard that Sean Bean made him cry before he left Sheffield Utd :D

Lewis Hamilton - Don't know why I dislike him so much.  Maybe the arrogance and smug look on his face all the time.  Although I am starting to warm to the guy.  He does have to put up with alot of pro-ferrari bias and he sure can drive. 

I can't think of any more atm and I don't need to say any of the obvious ones already mentioned.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #13: Sep 08, 2008 09:55:53 pm
      c.ronaldo
      g.neville
      m.carrick
      d.drogba
      m.essien
      p.cech
      b.sagna
      p.neville
      djokovic
      m.ambrosini
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #14: Sep 09, 2008 12:36:02 am
      me and smiggs are adding Joey the c**t Barton to the list, I'm sure one or two others might wish to join us in that. He no longer has any purpose in football and should never be allowed to sign another professional contract while his current one should be terminated with immidiate affect.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #15: Sep 09, 2008 07:55:52 am
      me and smiggs are adding Joey the c**t Barton to the list, I'm sure one or two others might wish to join us in that. He no longer has any purpose in football and should never be allowed to sign another professional contract while his current one should be terminated with immidiate affect.

:clap:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #16: Sep 09, 2008 10:45:38 am
      Totaly agree mate forgot all about that tosser.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #17: Sep 09, 2008 02:43:08 pm
      C.Ronaldo he is the most arrogant sh*te i have ever seen on TV as Smigger said when he does that F***ing leg thing before a free kick i'd love to run up and kick him straight in the goons and that shrug after he scores a goal drives me nuts, what a pr**k.

Rafa Nadal also grates me he's such an arrogant pr**k as well.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #18: Sep 09, 2008 04:49:25 pm
      I'd love to run up and kick him straight in the goons

:lmao:
      YesEvil
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #19: Sep 09, 2008 09:27:15 pm
      I really wanna say C. Ronaldo but I cant help but admire the way he plays football.

I have a scary hatred for Chelski's double act AKA "Fat" Frank W**kpard and John "I think im the ref" Terry.  I dont know what it is about those 2 bullock jugglars but I just wanna punch them whenever I see them.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #20: Sep 09, 2008 10:07:32 pm
      Well, I just care about football. I've made a list.......and I have a sneaking suspicion theres more hates with this sport than likes.... :P

Cristiano Ronaldo
      Jose Mourinho
      Ricardo
      Nani
      In fact, everything that has to do with portuguese football. Diving primadonnas.

David Be*kham

Italian football too. Cheating b***ards.
      Especially Juventus, Milan, Inter. And that slimegob Totti.

Everything to with the scum. Past players, current players, fans.

From norwegian football:
      Kjetil Rekdal (most disgusting person ever)
      Martin Andresen (fighting Kjetil Rekdal for his title)
      Magne Hoset (just hideous. Wears makeup)
      Daniel Nannskog ('its-all-about-me' striker for StabƦk)
      Terje Hauge (ref. braindead.)

Incompetent commentators.

'Only sing when winning' supporters.

And finally, lying deceiving americans.
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008 10:12:10 pm by Watt »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #21: Sep 09, 2008 11:38:05 pm
      Ian Poulter -  I dont even watch golf but every-time i flick through the channels and I see him in his bright clothes he seems so like 'everyone look at me'
      David Coulthard - Have no idea why but I always seem to want him to lose whenever he races.
      Bernd Shuster (sp?) - one arrogant c**t if i ever saw one.
      Matt Le tissier - Complete tosser, did F**k all as a player, and does F**k all as a pundit.
      Andy Gray- obvious reasons.
      Graeme Dott - Seems like one of the most boringest people on the planet!!!

And a few more who I cant think of right now.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22: Sep 10, 2008 11:21:25 pm
      Hicks, Gillet, Parry, Joey Barton, Rob "i still won't forgive you" Styles

Quick Reply