Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

March to Anfield before the urinal game

Read 20542 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: March to Anfield before the urinal game
      Reply #23: Sep 14, 2008 01:27:05 am
      I hear the turnout was around 3000.  Apparently quite a lot of the typical muppets alongside the route taking photos and stuff.  Shame.

Not much media coverage really, probably because Newcastle are such a bunch of F**k ups and they tend to get a bit more attention with these matters.

We can put this matter to bed overnight while we bask in our victory, but let's not get carried away our win yesterday was definitely in spite of the two pricks running our club in to the ground - not because of them.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Sep 14, 2008 04:12:21 am
      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VGJEBwqydeE

I hear the turnout was around 3000.  Apparently quite a lot of the typical muppets alongside the route taking photos and stuff.  Shame.

Going past the Cabbage was disappointing. But that was only really about fourty odd muppets who prefered their pints and mobile phones outside the pub other than joining in. It was when we got by the ground that you'd think more people would join in.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #25: Sep 14, 2008 10:00:33 am
      Cant get this tune out of my head

We'll be coming
      We'll be coming
      We'll be coming down the road
      When you hear to noise of the Bill Shankly boys
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Sep 14, 2008 06:15:40 pm
      Cant get this tune out of my head

We'll be coming
      We'll be coming
      When you hear to noise of the Bill Shankly boys

Same here mate!   :D

Was also good to sing it when the whistle went yesterday as well!
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #27: Sep 14, 2008 09:59:11 pm
      I was stood outside the Cabbage enjoying a pint before the game as the march went past. Is that a crime? Does my democratic right not to join the march make me any less a red? No.

But what really got my goat was the idiots in the march shouting 'scum' at us because we didn't join in. Idiots with strong cockney accents by the way. Now you tell me how that was going to encourage me to join in once I'd finished my pint? In fact I thought sod that - I'm not taking that kind of sh*t from anyone. If that was the make up of that bunch then stuff 'em.

People may have been emotional and fired up but it does no one any favours at all if you start to turn on your own!

Muppet? No.
      Red?Yes.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Sep 14, 2008 11:01:45 pm
      I was stood outside the Cabbage enjoying a pint before the game as the march went past. Is that a crime? Does my democratic right not to join the march make me any less a red? No.

But what really got my goat was the idiots in the march shouting 'scum' at us because we didn't join in. Idiots with strong cockney accents by the way. Now you tell me how that was going to encourage me to join in once I'd finished my pint? In fact I thought sod that - I'm not taking that kind of sh*t from anyone. If that was the make up of that bunch then stuff 'em.

People may have been emotional and fired up but it does no one any favours at all if you start to turn on your own!

Muppet? No.
      Red?Yes.

Fair do's Molby. Branding people a muppet who didn't want to join in on the march is unfair. And shouting scum is bang out of order.

We're all reds at the end of the day and want the best for our club. As you say, people may have been emotional and fired up and you're right. They were. But that doesn't excuse throwing insults at other reds.

Personally when I went past the Cabbage, I was dissapointed that the people on the wall and in the car park didn't want to join in and would rather film it. But I hoped they'd tag along after we went past. I didn't throw any insults or even ask people to join in. I just carried on with what the march was all about. I heard people shouting 'come on, join in!!' though.

Maybe some people think that things like this wont do any good and is a waste of time. And maybe it wont. But we'll never know unless we try.

I can assure you that the make up of that march was based on solidarity and not division.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #29: Sep 15, 2008 12:08:59 am
      How come you ddn't join in then molby?

To be honest the fact that there was 'cockney accents' is irrelevant.

If people have travelled that far and feel as strongly as they do about the fact that our club is being shafted left, right and centre then more power to them.

You can quote your democratic rights but I feel ashamed of every Liverpool fan who just watched it ride on past.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #30: Sep 15, 2008 08:42:25 am
      If I lived in Liverpool I would have marched, but fellow reds should never attack one another.

I just hope Hicks and Gillet take a leaf from Mike Ashley's book and fast, F***ing wankers.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #31: Sep 15, 2008 01:29:48 pm
      Fair enough Redkenny and JD

Anyway these are some of the photos I took on my phone and messaged off to reds around the globe to let them know about the protest. I've cleaned them up in photoshop for posting here.

kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #32: Sep 15, 2008 06:51:12 pm
      Molby mate there were plenty of scouse lads shouting "come on" to the people taking pictures as we passed the Cabbage and also the Flat Iron. me personally, although many did join us along the route swelling the number to about 4000, i found it hugely dissapointing that many simply chose to stand and watch, quite amused as we fight and march for the future of the club we all love.

As we went past the Sandon, we chanted "get out of our pub, get out of our pub, you corporate bas**rds, get out of our pub" at the corporate blerts gawping through the top floor window of that most historic alehouse.

On many levels our club is in a sorry state. We have to fight for it.

Also, quite a few are a bit annoyed with Rogan Taylor, although i was glad to see a shareLFC banner there, I and others are'nt over the moon that Rogan seemed to want to hijack an SOS march by having his banner at the very front. A little thoughtless of him really.

IrishP
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #33: Sep 17, 2008 12:12:38 pm
      Firstly, I'm not a Liverpool fan. I came across a video of the march on a Celtic board, had a look about the Sons Of Shankly and just thought I'd drop in to say fair play. Great to see people actively trying to reclaim ownership of their club.

P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #34: Sep 17, 2008 12:19:52 pm
      Firstly, I'm not a Liverpool fan. I came across a video of the march on a Celtic board, had a look about the Sons Of Shankly and just thought I'd drop in to say fair play. Great to see people actively trying to reclaim ownership of their club.

P

Maybe in a few years, when these rich billionaires get bored of it all, it might be the way it goes.

If an entire clubs profit was pumped back in to the club and not lining the pockets of businessman then that has to be good for football doesn't it?
      IrishP
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #35: Sep 17, 2008 12:45:01 pm
      Maybe in a few years, when these rich billionaires get bored of it all, it might be the way it goes.

If an entire clubs profit was pumped back in to the club and not lining the pockets of businessman then that has to be good for football doesn't it?

I think myself that the whole thing is unsustainable and will fall, although as you say, it will take a few years. It does seem quite exclusive to the English Premiership. Seeing that Newcastle and Arsenal are probably going to be bought up and given the fact that there are only four Champions League places available that is going to make for a few pissed off billionaires over the next few years. The really sad thing is that so many supporters actually welcome this. I watched the Man City fans on television, practically delirious with their signing of Robinho not giving a second thought for who actually owns their club and where they are going with it. Saddening.

P

Quick Reply