Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

McDONALD’S

Read 2101 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      McDONALD’S
      Sep 12, 2008 07:05:12 am
      MCDONALD’S bosses are coming to Liverpool next month for top-level talks about the city’s proposed ban on Happy Meals.

Councillors want to stop fast food firms selling meals accompanied with toys as part of the city’s war on childhood obesity.

They have accused the likes of McDonald’s and Burger King of deliberately marketing junk food at youngsters – and other areas are now expected to follow in Liverpool’s footsteps.

Wirral council and at least two local authorities in London have expressed support for the city and are monitoring developments.

Are we going a step to far;

Are we going to ban free gifts on the likes of chocolate bars;

Free toys and gifts in cereal box's;

Is some one going to say you cant have a McDonald's because your to fat, or get a McDonald's down your gob because your to thin.

I think its up to there mums and dads to say if kids can have a happy meal.

What are your thoughts.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: McDONALD’S
      Reply #1: Sep 12, 2008 07:47:30 am
      this ridicious, 'cos if a boy or a girl are health or fit and their parents want to go out and eat something good delicious and  something that they don't eat everyday -> they must go to McDonald's or Burger king or any other take away. If a chubby child wants to eat more fast food and his or her parents are happy ftk councillors want more.

Parents should have the control of their children not the councillors. Mcd... or Burger k... will lose many clients 'cos almost all young people are their clients.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Sep 12, 2008 09:50:06 am
      this ridicious, 'cos if a boy or a girl are health or fit and their parents want to go out and eat something good delicious and  something that they don't eat everyday -> they must go to McDonald's or Burger king or any other take away. If a chubby child wants to eat more fast food and his or her parents are happy ftk councillors want more.

Parents should have the control of their children not the councillors. Mcd... or Burger k... will lose many clients 'cos almost all young people are their clients.

I'm 100% agreed with you Clint. I have three kids - obviously we don't feed our 10 day old daughter McDonalds, but her older brothers are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2, and we treat them occasionally to a McDonalds, and I don't see the harm in it!

Liam goes to the nursery (he's 2 1/2), and spends his days running after the other kids. My oldest goes to school, gets plenty of exercise all day long, and also goes to Judo classes outside school.

Parents should be allowed to raise their kids how they see fit. My children are in perfect health, and I don't see the problem with them eating the odd hamburger, so long as it remains a "treat" and not a regular part of their diet.

Also, isn't a lot of child obesity connected to parent's income? I seem to remember reading that child obesity often came from parents who had to buy the cheapest things at the supermarket as it's all they could afford, products which were frequently full of fat or sugar compared to more expensive "brands". Maybe the government should address poverty issues first before taking silly "publicity" steps like banning fast-food!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #3: Sep 12, 2008 11:59:09 am
      My thoughts are that those things in Happy Meals are boss.

Only last week I got a Girls Aloud jukebox playing 'Call the Shots'.

And that came with food.

For £1.99.

If I want to go to McDonalds (which unfortunately I don't much) then nobody should be able to tell me whether I can or not.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Sep 12, 2008 12:43:48 pm
      obviously we don't feed our 10 day old daughter McDonalds,
      Congratulations.

Also, isn't a lot of child obesity connected to parent's income? I seem to remember reading that child obesity often came from parents who had to buy the cheapest things at the supermarket as it's all they could afford, products which were frequently full of fat or sugar compared to more expensive "brands". Maybe the government should address poverty issues first before taking silly "publicity" steps like banning fast-food!
      I'm not from france but it is the same with prices. In malta a happy meal is 5 euros and then in supermarket a packet of 6 burgers is 4.50 euros. therefore a parent will buy the packet and cook it themselfs. and many children like burger more than anything.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Sep 12, 2008 02:13:15 pm
      It pisses me off all of this ban on unhealthy food.

After I've been on a decent night out, a Sunday morning Maccies does the trick perfectly! Hate it when people say I shouldn't eat it or it's bad for me! It's like when they took the salt out of Pot Noodles. I thought me mate was going to cry. If you're going to eat healthy, you're not going to eat Pot Noodles or McDonalds.

And I could have went to the head office of Maccies and done someone a wrong'un when they got shut of Super Size meals. Worst decision ever!

But on the topic of food for kids. If it's a treat every now and then, not dressed up as the best thing on earth, then Happy Meals are laughing! If parents are daft enough to feed their kid a Happy Meal morning, noon and night then it's down to them.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Sep 12, 2008 02:26:18 pm
      In the interest of fairness anyone fancy a Big Whopper

BOGOF coupons attached

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Sep 12, 2008 02:33:12 pm
      Them little Angus burgers are shocking by the way! :-\

Burger King are always my friends though, especially when you get a bucket for your drink for an extra 50p! :D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #8: Sep 12, 2008 03:27:35 pm
      Venison 86, you should ask smigger or MsG if they fancy a big whopper.  ;)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Sep 12, 2008 03:32:20 pm
      Venison 86, you should ask smigger or MsG if they fancy a big whopper.  ;)

Or a cumberland sausage buttie :f_tongueincheek: I'm not that brave Graham
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Sep 12, 2008 04:14:12 pm
      I wouldn't mind a big Whopper  ;D

Any offers  :laugh: :lmao:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Sep 12, 2008 05:27:50 pm
      I recently complained to the CEO of McDonalds as I was pissed off at everytime I went to the drive-through on the East Lanc's Road, I was always told to wait on the car park and the staff would bring my food out (only something simple like a Happy Meal or a Big Mac)   >:(   FFS !!  the whole reason for going through the drive-through was cos I was in a rush.  This happened on at least 4 occasions so that's why I had a moan, anyway it paid off, this week I got £15.00 of Maccies vouchers to spend when I want  ;D

It pays to have a moan somethimes  ;) :D :D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #12: Sep 12, 2008 08:08:59 pm
      You could get a big whopper smigger, and take your friends to McDonald,s.

mate mate, wink wink  ;D

Quick Reply