Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Usain Bolt To Real Madrid

Read 3070 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Usain Bolt To Real Madrid
      Sep 11, 2008 10:53:04 pm
      World record breaking sprinter Usain Bolt has confirmed he has been offered the chance to train with his favourite club, Real Madrid, and will accept without hesitation...

Bolt, of Jamaica, rose to super stardom this summer at the Beijing Olympics, going down in history for the emphatic manner in which he smashed the world record in the 100 metre sprint, having started celebrating several metres before the finish line. He went on to break the legendary Michael Johnson's long-standing 200m record in the same games, as well as starring for his country in their emphatic win in the 4x100 relay.

From three gold medals to 31 league titles and nine European Cups, then, as Bolt expressed his sincere ambition to train with his favourite football club - Spanish champions Real Madrid - while the Olympics were still in progress.

The story then went quiet, but after being asked about Madrid again, the eccentric sprinter had a fairly startling revelation for the sporting world, revealing he had indeed been offered to train with Bernd Schuster's side. "I have been invited to train with them, and be assured that I will go," he said.

Being an avid fan of los Merengues, the 6'5 fans' favourite expressed particular affection for one of Madrid's slowest players, Ruud van Nistelrooy, whom he describes as "one of the best strikers in history."

"I have followed van Nistelrooy since he was at Manchester United, and I know that he's a magnificent kind of player," he said.

While confirmation of an accepted offer has now been made public, no date has yet been agreed for when Bolt will join up with los Blancos.

I know it's only to train with them but if he does immensly good and gets offered the chance to sign then the opposition would be absloutely bricking it when he's running at them or running for the ball. I think it's fair to say he would win the aerial battles too :D
      N-I Red
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -3 
      Re: Usain Bolt To Real Madrid
      Reply #1: Sep 23, 2008 09:42:18 pm
      he'd skin you easily thats one thing for sure
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Sep 23, 2008 10:02:30 pm
      He should sign for us, then we'd have an answer to Walcott.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Sep 24, 2008 02:03:11 am
      He should sign for us, then we'd have an answer to Walcott.

Already do, i would like to see him try and get past Skrtel :D
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #4: Oct 08, 2008 03:44:13 am
      Already do, I would like to see him try and get past Skrtel :D

He did last season
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Oct 08, 2008 10:09:06 am
      As if.  He'd run with the ball and not realize that the ball rolled away from him seconds a go.

If it's really that easy to get in to a team my application will be sent off to LFC today!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #6: Oct 12, 2008 12:24:47 am
      he would pass to himself ...then run recieve the ball, pass to himself again ...run recieve teh ball then hinder the goalkeeper...run back then score....cue the arsenal vs liverpool enfield sketch http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCZZAheNSU
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7: Oct 12, 2008 02:40:04 pm
      he would pass to himself ...then run recieve the ball, pass to himself again ...run recieve teh ball then hinder the goalkeeper...run back then score....cue the arsenal vs liverpool enfield sketch http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCZZAheNSU

:lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Oct 13, 2008 06:47:59 am
      I guess the plans to sign Ronaldo are off.

Quick Reply