Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Marseille v Liverpool Match Thread

Read 22259 times
      torres009
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Re: Marseille v Liverpool Match Thread
      Reply #253: Sep 17, 2008 11:06:05 pm
      We really got to work on keeping the ball we're sh*t at it.
      L23 REDMAN
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      • EL NINO NO.9
      Reply #254: Sep 17, 2008 11:18:54 pm
      I think this is were Xabi and Mascha do so well. Against Utd they passed well and movement and distribution was excellent.
      Babel is one of the  usual suspects of giving the ball away, but last night was much better. Maybe threat of Riera will make him work harder. Kuyt is another one who confuses me, considering he is from the country who invented 'total football' his touch is poor. I think he needs someone to push him for his place - but who?
      And as I stated on another thread Lucas is a poor advert for 'Brazilian' football.
      torres009
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #255: Sep 17, 2008 11:22:37 pm
      Kuyt is not good enough for are club he works hard but that's it that is all he does i don't no why Rafa plays him or brought him first he plays him out of place and his touch is as good as a brick wall.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #256: Sep 17, 2008 11:27:19 pm
      And as I stated on another thread Lucas is a poor advert for 'Brazilian' football.

Very true, how is it that we buy two Brazilians that just don't play Brazilian. Lucas looks too lightweight at times and loses the ball far too much. I actually llike Aurelio, but I wish someone would tell him to do one when taking free-kicks.
      L23 REDMAN
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      • EL NINO NO.9
      Reply #257: Sep 17, 2008 11:29:34 pm
      I think it's just a case of waiting until january sales !! Or maybe end of the Yankee credit crunch !!!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #258: Sep 17, 2008 11:49:02 pm
      Not really would just prefer Rafa to stick with Xabi and Masch in the middle.

Plus the fact we have Plessis and Spearing coming through. I don't think we have to worry too much regarding the Transfer window - be more a case of whos getting fu**ed off.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #259: Sep 18, 2008 01:26:26 am
      Is there no Carlsberg in France? Why was there no patch on the jersey?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #260: Sep 18, 2008 02:13:09 am
      Is there no Carlsberg in France? Why was there no patch on the jersey?

Think its something to do with not having alcohol as a sponsor on your shirts in france.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #261: Sep 18, 2008 02:13:14 am
      Advertising laws, plus we're no f***in cheapskates like West Ham. In fact our kit looked tens times better last night without that sh*te danish piss on it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #262: Sep 18, 2008 02:47:06 pm
      Advertising laws, plus we're no f***in cheapskates like West Ham. In fact our kit looked tens times better last night without that sh*te danish piss on it.

I'm sensing some hostility towards Carlsberg, but keep in mind that they've been our sponsor for absolutely ages.

They've stopped advertising campaigns and vouchers, etc with The Sin to accommodate us fans, their loyalty is far beyond recognition with Liverpool FC. I personally think the kits look blank and a bit dull without Carlsberg on these days.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #263: Sep 18, 2008 03:02:58 pm
      Not really arsed is just a sponsor, leave out that loyalty crap as well, our kit just looked better on tuesday night without a sponsor. Oh and the reason we have had green away kits. Our way of accomodating Carlsberg!!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #264: Sep 18, 2008 03:16:08 pm
      Not really arsed is just a sponsor, leave out that loyalty crap as well, our kit just looked better on tuesday night without a sponsor. Oh and the reason we have had green away kits. Our way of accomodating Carlsberg!!

But what about when we had no green one and instead had a black one ?

I liked the black kit with no sponsor on it though. I do think kits in general look better without the big sponsor in the middle, thats just personal opinion though, i think international kits are so nice due to not having a sponsor in the middle of them. Kits look nice plain.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #265: Sep 18, 2008 03:19:45 pm
      Or a yellow one or a white one or f***in grey, but coincidence the green kit first came around about 92, when the deal with Carlsberg was done. We had one green kit with candy on following season all green away kit with carlsberg!

Oh and that black and grey effort was f***in gash!

Quick Reply