Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Kromkamp impressed by reds

Read 1287 times
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 224 posts |
      Sep 15, 2006 06:49:59 am
      Having moved to PSV on transfer deadline day, the Dutch international knew all about what to expect from this Liverpool side and considered the 0-0 draw a great result.

"We just could not break them down," revealed Kromkamp. "Liverpool played a very clever game. They seemed happy for us to have most of the possession but always had players closing down the space and making it difficult for us.

"It was the Liverpool of old in Europe. They defended really well. Once Kone's shot clipped the bar, it became increasingly apparent we didn't have the power or guile to open Liverpool up.

"We only had two decent chances in the 90 minutes, and it's a fact that they created more as the game went on. That was partly my fault. I was so eager to do well against my old club, I kept getting forward at every opportunity.

"Far more than I would normally do, and it left gaps at the back that Liverpool nearly exploited. It was a ploy aimed at trying to find a way through Liverpool's defence, but it went wrong and could so easily have cost us. Overall, though, we cannot be too disappointed as one of our main objectives was to avoid defeat. A draw keeps the group wide open."
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2006 11:00:31 pm
      Do you think he wants a move back in the January transfer window or what - never seen so much arse licking.

Maybe some of his stuff is still in his locker at Melwood.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Sep 15, 2006 11:31:15 pm
      Quote from: "Rushie"
      Do you think he wants a move back in the January transfer window or what - never seen so much arse licking.

lmao yeah he left an ounce of weed in a spliff he rolled before returning to amsterdam lmao.
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 224 posts |
      Reply #3: Sep 16, 2006 12:13:14 am
      Quote from: "Rushie"

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking when i read it...thats why i posted it lmao
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #4: Sep 16, 2006 05:18:55 pm
      kronkamp is right tho we are a better side now he has gone ;D

Quick Reply