Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Maradona

Read 2621 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Maradona
      Oct 31, 2008 08:25:24 am
      Diego Maradona's first job as the new manager of Argentina will be to fly to England this weekend to check on the form of Manchester United's Carlos Tevez and Liverpool's Javier Mascherano.
      The disgraced former World Cup star celebrated his 48th birthday by revealing he has been handed the job of leading his country, even though there has not yet been an official announcement. Maradona intends to pick his strongest possible squad to launch his regime in a friendly against Scotland at Hampden Park on November 19.
      The iconic figure has hauled himself back from battles with drugs and obesity to convince the Argentine FA that he has the charisma to lead his country from the dug-out in the way he once led them on the field.

Speaking outside his home in Buenos Aires, Maradona said: 'I really never expected this, although I always dreamed of having the chance. We are going to play the game against Scotland with the best team we have got.'
      Ironically, Maradona scored his first goal for his country at Hampden in a 3-1 friendly win in 1979.

I'm not sure this will be a good or bad for Argentina, having him as manager.
      Lets hope the team only get high on football, and not on other things that Maradona has used in the past. ;)
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Re: Maradona
      Reply #1: Oct 31, 2008 08:52:02 am
      I used to like her - went to see her at Wembley in 1987.

Oh, sorry.  You mean the fat, druggie, cheating t*ssbag.  I'm not his biggest fan.

Very good player, shame about his personality (bit like Rooney I guess).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Re: Maradona
      Reply #2: Oct 31, 2008 11:13:05 pm
      He must of been well off his face when he said this then:

The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. The Liverpool supporters didn't let me go to sleep the night before, there were 10 of them to every three Milan supporters. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing.

Apparently he is going to be at Anfield on Tuesday night.

Beak sellers are going to make a killing next week!

Quick Reply