Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will win between Calzaghe and Jones Jr

Calzaghe
      (85.7%)
      Jones Jr
      (14.3%)

Calzaghe vs Roy Jones Jr (November 8th)

Read 12099 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Calzaghe vs Roy Jones Jr (November 8th)
      Reply #23: Nov 09, 2008 07:16:03 pm
      All the showboating and dancing of the boxers was class.  I was dying for somebody to get a knockdown when they were dicking about!

Same here. I thought in the last round Calzaghe was gonna stop teasing and just plough right into him.

Decent fight though.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #24: Nov 10, 2008 09:53:12 am
      Was a late one this! :-\ If I knew it was started about 5am I would have went asleep and got back up for it but we ended up drinking until the start and having a heavy Sunday! ;)

Fantastic fight, Calzaghe thoroughly deserved the win. Brilliant watching him throw his face through Jones' gaurd, and dancing about the ring. Jones stopped showboating when his face was opened up though! ;)

He should definitely quit now though. I'm certain he'd win his next fight and even another after that but why should he have to? He was already one of the greats before beating Jones so he has nothing to prove.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #25: Nov 10, 2008 07:48:57 pm
      Great fight,watched it yesterday,Joe should retire now with his unbeaten record intact and marbles still in his head!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #26: Nov 10, 2008 08:04:54 pm
      Stayed up to watch it (re joe calslappy ) yes he sure has slapped the sh*t out of a few  i bet you jones can tell you what its like to be slapped for 12 rounds ,well done Joe made us proud, time to go now bow out in style .
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: Nov 10, 2008 08:13:54 pm
      Still, they're slaps I wouldn't fancy taking!

Did anyone else see the resemblance between Jones and Dave Chapelle by the way?

emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #28: Nov 10, 2008 09:39:17 pm
      just watched the fight,calzaghe thouroghly deserved the win.the man should retire as an undefeated legend.probarbly joe is one of the best boxers the world has ever seen.definetly the best boxer britain has ever had.his record proves that.was a really good fight and fair play to roy jones he had agood go.was so good to actually watch a fight where two fighters went for it and didnt just hug each other when theyre tired.best fight in a long time!

Quick Reply