Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Man City v Liverpool

Read 14205 times
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Re: Man City v Liverpool
      Reply #69: Oct 06, 2008 05:37:22 pm
      We seem to passing the ball around more often recently.I'm impressed with the patience shown.Great build up play for all three goals,fantasic unity and spirit shown. Wish Skrtel all the best.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #70: Oct 06, 2008 05:43:47 pm
      Glad to see the heads did not go down yesterday,we showed great character and determination,something that was lacking last year.
      Keep up the good work Reds!
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #71: Oct 06, 2008 06:04:10 pm
      Great come back win from the lads
      And shows that we are a force in this years title race

Only down side is the Knee injury to Martin Skirtel and can only hope that he recovers quickly...
      Looks like we'll be calling on Sami Hyypia some more for the next few weeks or months anyway
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #72: Oct 06, 2008 06:07:02 pm
      outstanding stuff.  this is what its all about.  GET WELL SKRTEL!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #73: Oct 06, 2008 10:35:34 pm
      Still can't understand why Keane was dropped but it all paid off in the end I suppose.

Yes it did.  When Keane was back on the pitch.

Let's not beat round the bush.

Dropping Keane for Masch was the wrong choice.

Playing Alonso AND Mascherano with one striker was far too defensive.  That was giving far too much respect to Man City.  Changing your side to make it more defensive sends the wrong signals out to your own players and bigs up the opposition players.

4-4-2 Home and Away please.

I fail to see why Everton away and Man City away required two different formations.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #74: Oct 06, 2008 10:54:16 pm
      I fail to see why Everton away and Man City away required two different formations.

Winning formations!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #75: Oct 06, 2008 11:38:24 pm
      I wanted the formation he played but Keane in for Kuyt because whatever happens he ends up tracking the ball wherever it goes. It was wrong though in the end and about 5 minutes before kick off i knew it wouldnt be good.

However, it just served this comeback more justice and a thrilling match to behold. I knew once we scored we would get something out of it but i didnt think we would do it in that fashion. Fernando cant get enough wraps, he wasnt in it at all in the first half and just exploded in the second.

Cant fault one player for their commitment at the end of the day because thats what got us back in it and put 3 points on the table.

Just over the moon, only we could do that. Just brilliant! Rafa was clearly delighted after that and i think it struck him more today than ever not to change a winning line up.

And get well soon Marty. A massive blow that Dagger will have to take with both hands.

Fernando Torres, Liverpools number 9!

YNWA!!!!!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #76: Oct 07, 2008 12:15:51 am

Same formations when we actually did the 'winning' though.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #77: Oct 07, 2008 12:33:17 am
      4-2-3-1 worked well towards the end of last season, so it's not exactly a bad formation.

... But I do agree that it sends out the wrong signals - I was wondering why he'd dropped Keane, as was 99% of the world's population.
      « Last Edit: Oct 07, 2008 12:41:36 am by Reslivo, Reason: I made a typo »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #78: Oct 07, 2008 12:39:37 am
      4-2-3-1 worked well towards the end of last season, so it's not exactly a bad formation.

... But I do agree that it sends our the wrong signals - I was wondering why he'd dropped Keane, as was 99% of the world's population.

Especially after calling for him to score this weekend. Must have kicked hi mto the gutter after scoring his first for the club, feeling no pressure and as if the shackles were taken off and then this. He came on and did a good job though.

Actually starting to think that Nando 'needs' him there.

Oh and well done Rafa, i would have brought on Babel instead of Yossi but he showed class every time he touched it and started the move for the last goal.
      laurien
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #79: Oct 07, 2008 08:24:56 pm
      pure legends
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #80: Oct 08, 2008 12:29:38 am
      Fantastic result. 3 Points we never looked like getting up to half time. Second half, every player in red seemed to get a lift and believe it was winable. Different class to city and we havn't hit top form yet. Can't wait for the next game now. Internationals getting in the way. Hope we don't lose our consistency now. Come on you mighty reds.

Quick Reply