Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Man City v Liverpool

Read 14191 times
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Re: Man City v Liverpool - Pre Match
      Reply #23: Oct 03, 2008 02:50:50 pm
      Btw Keane has scored more often than anyone against city. 7 goals in 12 games.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #24: Oct 03, 2008 02:51:51 pm
      City have a knack for recapturing the form of their opposition ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,280 posts | 1513 
      Reply #25: Oct 03, 2008 06:42:39 pm
      I don't see City playing against us like they did last season at their place. Will probably be a more open game with a sew goals in it. I see us winning 3 - 1. Nando 2. Robbie 1. And while this is going on, Chelsea will be drawing with Villa. :scarf: :scarf:
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #26: Oct 03, 2008 11:55:14 pm
      This is how city will line up against liverpool on sunday, just like last season :lmao:
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #27: Oct 04, 2008 01:01:46 am
      I think I will have to agree with JD on this one too.  Forget the fact that they now have Robinho and Jo and Wright-Phillips who have obviously been great or them this season, we can't underestimate the rest of the team ie Dunne and Richards at the back who played well in both games last season and Elano who is playing really well and will give his marker a tough game.

I'd say the way we are playing at the moment we should be good for a draw and a win will be a bonus for a team that has improved a hell of a lot and are going to make it a tricky game whatever the outcome.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Oct 04, 2008 02:30:14 am
      Stephen Ireland too mate. He is capable of cutting open a defence with one ball. They are strong all over the park but to be honest we have a better side.

With Robinho, he hasnt done anything yet to justify his price tag against poor oppositions. He scored a deflected free kick against Chelsea and did nothing for the rest. Missed a great opportunity to score against Wigan on the weekend. I think when he comes up against Jamie and Marty he'll be the same.

I think this is how they'll line up going from recent weeks:

Hart

Zabaleta       Dunne       Richards       Garrido

SWP          Ireland         Elano          Petrov

Robinho          Jo

That really does have goals in it but they struggled midweek and they struggled against Wigan when pressure was put on them so hopefully we can pile on the pressure on them and really chase this game from the start before they settle in.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #29: Oct 04, 2008 02:32:38 am
      Close them down like we closed down the other Manchester team and we'll be in the business ;)
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #30: Oct 04, 2008 03:27:01 am
      one strong tackle on robinho by skrtel and he'll be staying away from our box and trying to do that fancy flicks and ballet ......biggest threat is jo and SWP.....we need wingers tht will chase SWP    which means no babel, we can't have SWP running at our back line ---I vote pennant or kuyt on SWP's side...here is what I would like too see,,,,,a little strange but conventional, and it fits into the new keane addition.

Riena
      arby   carra     skrtel  doss
          kuyt     xabi     riera(or pennant)
               gerrard  keane
                    torress

I know its strange but it would work against Man city, keane and gerrad track back all the time anyways.....let me know if you think its total Sh*t.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: Oct 04, 2008 07:46:48 am
      I have confidence in RAFA and the MIGHTY REDS and will go for 3-0 to us courtesy of Torres, Keane and Riera to punish his old club.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #32: Oct 04, 2008 10:15:35 am
      Not going to be an easy game this at all, I just hope they don't play like they did last season cos that was soooooooo boring for the fans.

I'm swaying towards a 2-1 to Liverpool, but it could easily be a draw, 1-1 possibly.

I'd like to think that Liverpool have the bit between their teeth, and will go out for the win, it would be nice to see us clear at the top   ;)

The way we have been playing recently, we should fear no-one.

So I'll stick me neck out and go 2-1  :scarf:
      fran_gray
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #33: Oct 04, 2008 12:13:39 pm
      cant beleive the tosh thats comin from the city fans ie the ''view from man city'' feature thats on lfc.tv. just cos they bought one good player (who doesnt look interested half the time) they think that they are going to giv us a thrashin?!?! ridiculous considerin they just got beaten by brighton. i think they will play a very attacking game which will suit us down to the ground as we can take apart teams who leave us any space in the final third. i reckon gerrard and riera are gonna have a field day anyway  YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #34: Oct 04, 2008 01:13:07 pm
      City are already overrated. Lets be honest here they bought Jo I never heard of him before did any of you? OK they bought Robinho but come on we've faced Ronaldinho Messi Kaka before all far better players then Robinho and come out on top. Lets break it down here there midfield is Stephen Ireland a decent player but as an Irishman id rather have Alonso Masch and Stevie playing for Ireland then stephen Ireland. They have 2 less then average full backs a young goalkeeper 2 centre half's who on there best day wouldn't contain Torres.

Man City are hype now because of the money they have. Wigan beat them last week for Christ sake. We are one of the top sides in Europe!! I fully expect our lads to stamp there authority on the game early and put city in there place   
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #35: Oct 04, 2008 01:45:11 pm
      I can see SWP and Ireland causeing us a few headaches. If we heap pressure on this City team, like Wigan did which caused Man City a few problems, then will walk away with a hard faught win.

3 - 2 to us
      ONTHEWING
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 04, 2008 02:12:15 pm
      anyone got an internet link to the match?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Oct 04, 2008 03:03:53 pm
      anyone got an internet link to the match?

Dont think there'll be too many floatnig around right now. Closer to kick off and you'll find plenty.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #38: Oct 04, 2008 03:37:33 pm
      I'm going for 3-1 to the reds Riera for first goal anyone??
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Re: Man City v Liverpool
      Reply #39: Oct 06, 2008 11:44:52 am
      First of all - apologies that the forum went down.

But what a F***ing win!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #40: Oct 06, 2008 11:49:47 am
      Just want to say this:

IT'S ON!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #41: Oct 06, 2008 11:56:30 am
      Cracking result, the lads showed great character to comeback from 2 down. Shame about Skrtel's injury though, which has now been confirmed as a cruciate problem :(
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: Oct 06, 2008 12:01:14 pm
      Cracking result, the lads showed great character to comeback from 2 down. Shame about Skrtel's injury though, which has now been confirmed as a cruciate problem :(

How long of a setback is a cruciate problem? I heard about 8-12 months. Really, really bad news.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: Oct 06, 2008 12:08:56 pm
      They're saying they'll have a better idea of how long he'll be out tomorrow, but it is usually a lengthy layoff.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #44: Oct 06, 2008 12:10:18 pm
      How long of a setback is a cruciate problem? I heard about 8-12 months. Really, really bad news.

It's going to be the season isn't it. 

Rafa's team selection nearly killed us though.  Keane should have been on from the start.  That was a foolish change.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 06, 2008 12:27:35 pm
      Tried all day yesterday to get on this forum.What happend? I thought me Pc was dieing.All the streams were garbage aswell. I had to make do with Aldo on Radio City.But what a result eh!! If that second half was a woman,I'de make love to her until the neighbours complained of the smell. ;D WELL DONE LADS!! GWS Martin Lad :(

Quick Reply