Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Benitez needs to stick!!!!

Read 2823 times
      23jeffries23
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 49 posts |
      Sep 18, 2006 03:16:14 pm
      Benitez needs to stick with 11 players for about 4-5 games until we are winning then he should start to think about rotating.

not when we just win one game i mean 3 or 4..

oh and another thing if he keeps leaving gerrard on bench i got a bad feeling gerrard will want to leave cause in his interview yesterday he said he doesnt like bein left on the bench he wants to play every game.

opinions??
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #1: Sep 18, 2006 04:02:29 pm
      I agree.

I am sick of this constant meddling.We MUST maintain some continuity and not change for changes sake.

What was Stevie doing on the left side anyway?????!
      Brighty 7
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 18, 2006 04:40:00 pm
      he is sayin about squads n it dusnt matter squadws r cover

we r wastin the best player on th planet in stevie g it just pissin me off :evil:
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Sep 18, 2006 05:07:04 pm
      I agree also, this rotation will be the death of me.
      Kelly LFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #4: Sep 18, 2006 05:52:26 pm
      I agree - squad rotation works best when the team is winning.

To be fair though - we had two amazing spells of winning games last year and Rafa didn't once keep the same side in two games.

We have been a little bit unlucky in the last two games.

But,  as far as Gerrard goes....

he will play wherever the manager decides.

It's the same in any business - if we don't do the business on the pitch it won't be Steven Gerrard who is facing the sack from his £100,000 a week job will it?

Rafa decides - and the Captain of all people should accept his decisions.

Gerrard could go to another team ie. Chelsea and he might not even play every week.

He needs to keep his mouth shut about it - and start putting away simple chances from 6 yards out.
      benno
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 18, 2006 07:32:48 pm
      23 jeffries has got a point here,we have three very good central midfielders in Gerrard,sosoko and alonso and i think that you can`t play them all without someone missing out on their best position. How would the opposition feel if they had played for sixty minutes against gerrard and sissoko for instance,only to see alonso warming up,it would keep up the competetion betwen them
      also keeping them fresh.This would enable rafa to play Gonzales and pennant out wide,what do you think.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #6: Sep 18, 2006 07:42:25 pm
      Quote from: "benno"
      23 jeffries has got a point here,we have three very good central midfielders in Gerrard,sosoko and alonso and i think that you can`t play them all without someone missing out on their best position. How would the opposition feel if they had played for sixty minutes against gerrard and sissoko for instance,only to see alonso warming up,it would keep up the competetion betwen them
      also keeping them fresh.This would enable rafa to play Gonzales and pennant out wide,what do you think.
      I agree and it's got to be Xabi who gets dropped till he sorts himself out.
      EVILeyeZ
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #7: Sep 18, 2006 07:49:14 pm
      Xabi should be dropped and warnock should be given a run in the team... look more comfortable than fabio
      23jeffries23
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 49 posts |
      Reply #8: Sep 18, 2006 09:37:36 pm
      even if rafa does play gerrard on left sooner or later gerrard might say fu** this and him and benitez might fall out why cant benitez understand that gerrard is a CENTRE midfielder not a fu***** left sided midfielder cant benitez see gerrad plays much better in middle, i think benitez just wants to keep playin alonso cause he is spanish and its one of benitez signings!!!

P.s has anyone got benitez's mobile number???  :P  i want to ring him and tel him how to put the team right!!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Sep 19, 2006 07:50:07 am
      We waited long enough for Speedy, why ain't he using him ???  grrr.... :twisted:
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 19, 2006 10:41:50 pm
      xabi is out of sorts at the moment. mo sissoko and stevie g shld start in central midfield supported by pennant and speedy. this midfield shld be given a run of 5-6 games before rafa tinkers with them again.

tu dont need a uefa coaches licence to work this one out ..its not rocket science.......its common sense......something of which is lacking at anfield these days.......
      KingoftheKop
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 20, 2006 05:03:28 pm
      Quote from: 23jeffries23
      even if rafa does play gerrard on left sooner or later gerrard might say fu** this and him and benitez might fall out why cant benitez understand that gerrard is a CENTRE midfielder not a fu***** left sided midfielder cant benitez see gerrad plays much better in middle, i think benitez just wants to keep playin alonso cause he is spanish and its one of benitez signings!!!

II've got this bad feeling that Rafa is trying to stamp his authority on gerrard and that is not good cos gerrard is the heart of the team and although i don't think this will happen if it's choice between Rafa and Stevie then i think Stevie will win.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #12: Sep 20, 2006 10:25:24 pm
      Oh look - Benitez changed the team slightly and...

er.. we won.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #13: Sep 20, 2006 11:08:48 pm
      hope the win means no more complaints about rotation

Quick Reply