Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

SOS follow up meeting with Rick Parry.

Read 5599 times
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      SOS follow up meeting with Rick Parry.
      Oct 10, 2008 12:55:14 pm
      LINK

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Follow-up-meeting-with-Rick-Parry.html

Some very interesting points raised here, great work by SOS once again.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: SOS follow up meeting with Rick Parry.
      Reply #1: Oct 10, 2008 01:13:32 pm
      Ray Kennedy visit to Anfield

We raised the possibility that SOS could try and get him and his son in an executive box for a game at Anfield, RP said that wasn't necessary and that the club would take care of everything necessary to enable Ray's visit to Anfield. This follows on from the club's generosity with the Ray of Hope Appeal fundraiser at Anfield last season.  SoS thanked the club on behalf of all Liverpool fans and the Ray of Hope Appeal in particular.

Good stuff.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Oct 10, 2008 01:29:53 pm
      I have added relevant sections of the transcript in to the relevant forum discussions for each topic.

Reminds me of just how many serious issues we have with our club behind the scenes.  Apart from ownership, and the behind the scenes management, ticketing is by far one of the biggest issues - the whole Thomas Cook thing and the fact that less and less tickets are going in to genuine supporters hands at face value is a real problem.

Glad to see the SOS addressing fans concerns.

Out of interest - who is attending these meetings - who is the commitee?  How many people are on it and are they all voted in by the entire membership?  Do they represent the wide cross-section of Liverpool supporters?
      « Last Edit: Oct 10, 2008 04:32:39 pm by JD »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Oct 10, 2008 03:53:47 pm

ticketing is by far one of the biggest issues - the whole Thomas Cook thing and the fact that less and less tickets are going in to genuine supporters hands at face value is a real problem.

I think this is part of the problem with the atmosphere at Anfield, tickets fallling into the wrong hands, 'fans' going to Anfield who haven't got a clue about its past history, don't know the words to the songs, and just are there for a day out  :f_steam:

The 'normal' fan is gradually being priced out of the game they love.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been recently where nobody in front of me is singing  :f_steam: For god's sake your there to support the team, that means cheering, shouting, singing, not sitting there like a stuffed dummy...........sorry, but it really pisses me off.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #4: Oct 10, 2008 09:17:41 pm

I think this is part of the problem with the atmosphere at Anfield, tickets fallling into the wrong hands, 'fans' going to Anfield who haven't got a clue about its past history, don't know the words to the songs, and just are there for a day out  :f_steam:

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been recently where nobody in front of me is singing  :f_steam: For god's sake your there to support the team, that means cheering, shouting, singing, not sitting there like a stuffed dummy...........sorry, but it really pisses me off.

Well said MsG,we do not want to end up like the Prawn sandwich brigade at old trafford
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Oct 10, 2008 09:21:44 pm

Know what you mean MsG, when we start singing we get looks like we've got two heads or something.  I love it when you get a seat in a 'singing' section of the ground, you really have a great time and can show your support without people thinking your a tit. 

Bollocks to them I say !!   Sing loud and proud like we do   ;) :D :scarf:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Oct 10, 2008 09:48:24 pm
      Know what you mean MsG, when we start singing we get looks like we've got two heads or something.  I love it when you get a seat in a 'singing' section of the ground, you really have a great time and can show your support without people thinking your a tit. 

Bollocks to them I say !!   Sing loud and proud like we do   ;) :D :scarf:

The thing is Smiggs..........I want to give them a damn good shake and say come on bloody sing !!!!!

I said at the Standard Liege game to Kenny, in a rather loud voice cos I was so pissed off with the people in front not singing............I THINK THIS LOT IN FRONT DON'T KNOW THE WORDS. :f_steam:

When we were at the PSV game last week, there was a lad with his Dad in front, he spent more time looking at us, watching us singing that he did watching the game  :o he obviously wasn't used to these three people singing their heads off, clapping and generally getting behind the team.

These kids are the future of the club.........they need to know the traditions, it's up to every man and woman to teach their child the Anfield way of knowing the past history.
      « Last Edit: Oct 10, 2008 09:52:43 pm by MsGerrard »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Oct 10, 2008 10:54:39 pm
      To be fair MsG, there was that fella next to me with a southern accent who was giving it loads as well. I assume he probably got his ticket around the same time as us?

Not that this is proof of anyone being in possession of a ticket when they first go on sale, with the required amount of credit are less passionate. But it can indicate that tout websites and touts outside, who have swallowed up a large amount of tickets to sell to just anyone with their continous growing credit on fan cards, are having an effect on your more passionate 'there to support the team' red.

It's pathetic the way attendance is meant to be recorded but it doesn't matter who attends.

On a side note, I'm sure there was supposed to be something in the post regarding the meeting with Rick Parry?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Oct 10, 2008 11:03:05 pm
      Apologies Kenny...........That bloke next to you was sound, there weren't many though were there?

I don't know what the answer is to be honest  ???

** I have had an e-mail today from SOS about Fair FX, have you?
          But no post.....

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Oct 10, 2008 11:51:11 pm
      Yeah, got the email about an hour ago MsG.

It's good to see all these issues pressed from SOS anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10: Oct 11, 2008 02:42:19 am
      There were some of us here MsG trying to whip up an atmosphere in the Main Stand against Liege :whip: :f_whistle:

:f_sorry: I had been  :food-smiley-005:  :ernaehrung004:

Anyway  :ontopic:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Oct 11, 2008 10:08:45 am
      There were some of us here MsG trying to whip up an atmosphere in the Main Stand against Liege :whip: :f_whistle:

:f_sorry: I had been  :food-smiley-005:  :ernaehrung004:

Anyway  :ontopic:

I think you did more than your fair share that night Huyton Red  ;)

Would never have known you'd had a few though :f_whistle: :laugh:
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #12: Oct 13, 2008 05:17:44 pm
      problem.

Glad to see the SOS addressing fans concerns.

Out of interest - who is attending these meetings -
      who is the commitee? 
      How many people are on it and
       are they all voted in by the entire membership?
       Do they represent the wide cross-section of Liverpool supporters?

Its what Spirit of Shankly was founded for John, Answers to your questions can be found on the SOS website mate. At the moment its a working committee until formal elections at the AGM. Obviously All members of the Union are eligable to vote. Look on the website.    http://www.spiritofshankly.com/union-roles.html

Quick Reply