Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

No LFC games on April 15th

Read 4263 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      No LFC games on April 15th
      Oct 10, 2008 01:27:01 pm
      Again, think this been discussed before.  Our Premiership games have always been moved if they've fell on the 15th April but there has been some concern about what would happen if a European tie was scheduled and if UEFA would also be accomodating.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Follow-up-meeting-with-Rick-Parry.html

13. Playing on April 15th 2009.

RP reiterated his earlier protestations to UEFA. It’s too early to follow this up, and he is loathe to make a public issue whilst we are still in the group stages. But he has said he will take this up directly with Platini if the issue becomes pressing. Rest assured the club will do all it can to ensure that LFC never play on April 15th.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: No LFC games on April 15th
      Reply #1: Oct 12, 2008 04:20:06 am
      UEFA has better hope they don't schedule us in for a CL game on that date, because they'll have millions of fans on their backs.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Oct 12, 2008 10:47:06 am
      UEFA has better hope they don't schedule us in for a CL game on that date, because they'll have millions of fans on their backs.

To be honest, I don't even think Platini is that stupid.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Oct 14, 2008 02:07:26 am
      No wonder Stevie is a red through and through. He cousin died in hillsborough as well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #4: Mar 20, 2009 12:10:35 pm
      Liverpool will not play the 2nd leg of the UEFA Champions League on April 15th.

The game will be played on April 14th.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Mar 20, 2009 03:03:07 pm
      UEFA know better. I wouldn't expect the team to play on the 15th anyway. Would much rather forfeit the CL than play on any anniversary date.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #6: Mar 20, 2009 04:43:49 pm
      Just to confirm what JD said really i took this off the BBC Sport website.

The second leg of Chelsea's tie with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge will not be on 15 April after Uefa granted the Merseyside club's request to avoid that date because it is the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy.

Liverpool's chief executive Rick Parry said he was grateful to Uefa for accepting the request.

"It is good news," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"This was hugely important to every Liverpool fan and to the club so we are very pleased with the outcome. We would have been massively disappointed if the decision had been different."

I think if the decision HAD been different then i think a stronger term than 'massively disappointed' would have been used.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #7: Mar 20, 2009 09:23:54 pm
      Good to hear that UEFA have made the right decision and given this important date its proper respect.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #8: Mar 20, 2009 09:58:11 pm
      Good news for Liverpool FC and the fans.

Quick Reply