Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Upgrade to Sky HD this month only

Read 4809 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Upgrade to Sky HD this month only
      Oct 16, 2008 12:24:23 pm
      I'm sure some of may have heard but if you've got normal Sky or Sky+ you can upgrade your package for half price (£75) till the end of October 2008.

If you've got normal Sky they will come out and replace your dish and give you the new Sky HD recorder box.  If you've got Sky+ then your dish is probably allright but obviously they will give you the new SKY HD box which has twice the memory of the existing Sky+ box.

Anyway, the reason I mention it is that first off I ordered it online and for those who upgrade online they give you a £15 credit that comes off your next bill.

(And if you've never had Sky then the same deal applies).

Sky HD

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Upgrade to Sky HD this month only
      Reply #1: Oct 16, 2008 12:50:01 pm
      Good offer that JD , I'm off to get one, bye.
      « Last Edit: Oct 16, 2008 01:05:33 pm by JD »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Oct 16, 2008 02:33:11 pm
      I'd love Sky HD but the offer I'm in with Virgin ties me into the phone, tinternet and telly for £90 a month, which is a bargain in the current climate.

Not forgetting that the phone has all international calls and other tit bits that we'll never use :D the internet is 20Mb with a new wireless router and the telly has all the trimmings including all films, Setanta, two recording boxes and all the On Demand stuff.

The only qualms I have is that the variety of HD channels is limited at the minute, there's no Sky Sports News, Sky One, etc and the package doesn't seem to run as smoothly as the Sky+ boxes. The phone and internet is much better than the Sky ones I've used though which is a bonus.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Oct 16, 2008 03:03:46 pm
      Yep - plenty of decent offerings on Sky HD - including all the terrestrial HD stuff. 

Obviously first dibs is for all the sports stuff but the movies are hugely impressive.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Oct 16, 2008 03:12:07 pm
      Yep - plenty of decent offerings on Sky HD - including all the terrestrial HD stuff. 

Obviously first dibs is for all the sports stuff but the movies are hugely impressive.

The movies are class on Sky, I must say. I did have a normal Sky box in my room for about a year or so, but wanted a recording box. When we rang up Sky they basically conceded that we were leaving them because the offer they gave us was about £2 off or normal bill, which was high enough without adding phone and internet to the equation. Just made sense to consolidate!

I'm on the internet more to be honest, so the 20Mb download speed interested me more than the telly stuff. Plus my TV has only got one HDMI slot, so I'll have to purchase an adapter before I can enjoy one or two HD channels! ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Oct 16, 2008 11:11:28 pm
      Nice one JD.

Anyone who has it though (HD) is it really worth the upgrade?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Oct 16, 2008 11:16:15 pm
      Nice one JD.

Anyone who has it though (HD) is it really worth the upgrade?

HD is the future like. Films in HD look amazing and obviously the games on me PS3 are so much better on me Samsung! :D

I won't really benefit from it with Virgin just yet though. There's only BBC HD and some On Demand stuff (i.e. The Sopranos, some music vids, etc)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Oct 16, 2008 11:23:37 pm
      Yeah, defo the future mate. But in the future it will be cheaper.

Just wondering what the thoughts are of our elite HD members on here.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Oct 16, 2008 11:34:13 pm

:D I'm still beginner HD! :D

The one thing I will say is the definition in the little things is so much grander. I watched a bit of the recent Olympics on BBC HD and the detail is amazing! Seen a bit of a cricket match too in a shop but no footy as of yet!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Oct 17, 2008 10:04:10 am

Watching films on the PS3 and then going back to normal tele films is a nightmare.

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #10: Oct 17, 2008 10:50:49 am
      Ordered my upgrade yesterday and should have it fitted next week ,just waiting for confirmation. Have already got a hd telly and a blue ray disc player they are brilliant. I would highly recommend them .

Quick Reply