Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Golf

Read 114071 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: Golf
      Reply #897: Oct 01, 2023 07:30:19 pm
      I still doubt Fleetwood has the bottle and I hope it doesnā€™t come down to him if we are going to win the Ryder Cup. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Ye of little faith ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #898: Oct 01, 2023 07:36:55 pm

I knew it wouldnā€™t be if but when this was coming. 😂 To be fair he didnā€™t need to putt but you get paid out on it.  :lmao:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #899: Dec 08, 2023 08:48:11 am
      https://www.skysports.com/golf

Another one bites the dust.  :f_steam: Gutted.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #900: Apr 09, 2024 07:06:07 pm
      Masters coming up. Normally one of my favourite tournaments but not as enthusiastic probably due to the Liv golf players.

Don't want any of the LIV golfers to win it obviously. Sam Burns, Max Homa, Hovland EW chances. Tiger is giving it a go.Watch it just for the 12th hole if nothing else.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #901: Apr 09, 2024 08:58:45 pm
      Masters coming up. Normally one of my favourite tournaments but not as enthusiastic probably due to the Liv golf players.

Don't want any of the LIV golfers to win it obviously. Sam Burns, Max Homa, Hovland EW chances. Tiger is giving it a go.Watch it just for the 12th hole if nothing else.

I still love it Harris, valid point about not wanting a liv golfer to win it.
      Iā€™ve done my usual two ante post bets.
      Aberg to win a major in 2024 @ 10/1
      Scheffler to win a major in 2024 @ 2/1 & 13/8

The Masters bets are  Jon Rahm at 14/1 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Iā€™m a traitor 😂
      Jordan Speith @ 25/1
      Shane Lowry @ 60/1

Have you had a bet yet?
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #902: Apr 10, 2024 08:52:45 am

Jordan Speith @ 25/1
      Shane Lowry @ 60/1

Have you had a bet yet?

Nah..can't be bothered. Have an account but just not that motivated. Might nip in the local bookies. But bit of a lottery now. I'm just not going to consider the LIV golfers.

Watch out of interest but their just a breed apart, pampered and fawned over. When their interviewed most of them just so so arrogant. Was an avid fan but not so much these days.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #903: Apr 10, 2024 10:25:56 am
      Get stuff on youtube about high handicap players, close to 20 or so playing Auguster off the members tee's. Been said that 15 HC or more you're coming back with a three figure score.

If I broke 110 I'd lucky. 12th is in about 155 yards. And the green isn't tiny so if there's no wind the Pro should hit it every time.It's something like 6 ish for me. Be very happy with a 5. Haven't got any length off the tee so probably go over 120 or more.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #904: Apr 10, 2024 11:26:13 am
      Get stuff on youtube about high handicap players, close to 20 or so playing Auguster off the members tee's. Been said that 15 HC or more you're coming back with a three figure score.

If I broke 110 I'd lucky. 12th is in about 155 yards. And the green isn't tiny so if there's no wind the Pro should hit it every time.It's something like 6 ish for me. Be very happy with a 5. Haven't got any length off the tee so probably go over 120 or more.

Think Iā€™ve read the same thing mate, Iā€™m currently off 14 but playing better than that but donā€™t play comps, least not yet. 😂 Breaking 100 round Augusta would be better than a threesome, I think 😂 then Iā€™ve never done either so fcuk knows   :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #905: Apr 10, 2024 01:07:22 pm
      Think Iā€™ve read the same thing mate, Iā€™m currently off 14 but playing better than that but donā€™t play comps, least not yet. 😂 Breaking 100 round Augusta would be better than a threesome, I think 😂 then Iā€™ve never done either so fcuk knows   :lmao:

Could yer imagine playing the 12th...hands would be shaking..chin about 3 into the drink...deep breath...concentrate now...take it easy...easy....go for it...*whack*..........splash..
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #906: Apr 12, 2024 09:21:33 am
      The Sham and Scottie top of the LB. My picks..Homa -4..Burns..+3..Hovland -1. Willett off to a good start but he struggles to stay in for 4 rounds.

Mcllroy turns 35 in a few weeks. 16th go here. Needs the Masters to make up the Slam. -1..71. Needs to shoot at least 67 or lower today. Scottie will take some stopping.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #907: Apr 12, 2024 01:26:52 pm
      The Sham and Scottie top of the LB. My picks..Homa -4..Burns..+3..Hovland -1. Willett off to a good start but he struggles to stay in for 4 rounds.

Mcllroy turns 35 in a few weeks. 16th go here. Needs the Masters to make up the Slam. -1..71. Needs to shoot at least 67 or lower today. Scottie will take some stopping.

Scottie a fcuking machine man. Took a while for Rory to settle as we know this means more to him than anything else now. If Rory wins I donā€™t win a penny but would be more than happy as he would complete the grand slam.

Can Bryson do that again? I hope note. 😂
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #908: Apr 12, 2024 10:17:19 pm
      If Scheffler has a share of the lead at halfway it's curtains for the rest to be honest.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #909: Apr 14, 2024 11:47:40 am
      If Scheffler has a share of the lead at halfway it's curtains for the rest to be honest.

Yeah put together a 68 and he's in. Off chance top 3/4 only go par and somebody like Schauffele cards a 65. Can't see DeCham winning it. His driving is strong but that has to be perfect.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #910: Apr 14, 2024 06:39:57 pm
      Gonna be a fun finish, personally rooting for Homa but wouldnā€™t be too unhappy if Morikawa or Scheffler take it.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #911: Apr 14, 2024 07:22:51 pm
      Gonna be a fun finish, personally rooting for Homa but wouldnā€™t be too unhappy if Morikawa or Scheffler take it.

I don't know but I imagine Florida has some great courses. Yeah I picked Homa as one of my picks but he's just one of the 'likely lads'...any number of them, bout 20-40-1 shots and any one of them can turn up. Just guess work most of the time. Really thought Sam Burns would be in the mix but he missed the cut.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #912: Apr 15, 2024 08:07:46 pm

Jordan Speith @ 25/1
      Shane Lowry @ 60/1

Have you had a bet yet?

Scottie did what Scottie does. Wasn't that long ago saying the same thing about Dustin Johnson.Unlucky with Aberg. Still 3 goes left. My first pick was Sam Burns, just didn't get going, ditto Hovland. Homa had his chances but Scottie just put his foot to the floor and carded the '68'.

The wait goes on for Mcllroy.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #913: Apr 15, 2024 09:28:19 pm
      Scottie did what Scottie does. Wasn't that long ago saying the same thing about Dustin Johnson.Unlucky with Aberg. Still 3 goes left. My first pick was Sam Burns, just didn't get going, ditto Hovland. Homa had his chances but Scottie just put his foot to the floor and carded the '68'.

The wait goes on for Mcllroy.

No complaints really, I tried to lay off on Aberg but he never dropped to 2/1 or under so I could never free roll with another 3 bites of the cherry still to come. 😂

I laid some back off on Scheffler at 1.51. All though I donā€™t have any more bites with him it would be remiss of me to complain. 😂  Scheffler is only even money to win another major in 2024. 😱 However, there is away you can get round that for around 6/4 if other prices remain. I do think he will win another major this year so definitely backing him again after Iā€™ve done the maths. Heā€™s 33/1 to do the grand slam in one season.

The way heā€™s playing whoā€™s to say he couldnā€™t accomplish the impossible? His wife about to give birth, once that happens will his priorities might change? Ho openly said if he got the call she went into labour he would drop his clubs no matter where he was and go straight to her. Apparently heā€™s quite religious if what I read is true and is one of the reasons heā€™s so layed back. Thereā€™s no doubt this fella reminds me of Tiger at his best, obviously he came to the big league older than when Tiger did so achieving what he did arguably not possible when you look at his age.

Iā€™m not a lover of him myself as I find him a bit boring to watch. However, you canā€™t take it away from him. The only chink in his game is the putter, if thatā€™s working the rest are playing for second. Very very confident he will win at least one more major this year.

Aberg is the new kid on the block and had my eye on him for 18 months hence why Iā€™ve backed him last year at 10/1 for a major in 2024. Only problem he has now Scheffler 😂 The double bogey at amens corner after going into the water cost him what chance he had if any of catching the machine. I honestly donā€™t think he bottled it like a few of the others did, it was just a bad shoot/hook.

I want Rory to complete the grand slam almost as much as himself. Sadly I think itā€™s in his head and after ruining the chance he had many years ago when he was sh*t loads clear itā€™s still in his head. Not sure he will ever get over that but hereā€™s hoping.  🤞🤞🤞
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #914: Apr 21, 2024 11:32:19 am
      Scottie at it again. 63 in the Heritage. Big comp on the circuit. Scottie -16 leads with Aberg 3 shots back. Theegala is only 3 shots back as well. Morikawa in the mix as well.

McIIroy consistent but just not nailing it yet. Top 6 here but can never ignore him. He'll win this year. Might watch it to a finish if it's close.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #915: Apr 21, 2024 11:42:10 am
      Scottie at it again. 63 in the Heritage. Big comp on the circuit. Scottie -16 leads with Aberg 3 shots back. Theegala is only 3 shots back as well. Morikawa in the mix as well.

McIIroy consistent but just not nailing it yet. Top 6 here but can never ignore him. He'll win this year. Might watch it to a finish if it's close.

The machine just continues in outstanding form itā€™s quite remarkable, youā€™d think after the masters that would have took plenty out of him yet he continues in such fine form. Not played in this one so just a watch for me.

Quick Reply