Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Rangers [Champions League] Tue 4th Oct @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W13 D6 L8

Snooker

Read 125503 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,902 posts | 4483 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Snooker
      Reply #1265: May 02, 2022 09:18:13 pm
      Been a few mad things this time around. Isn't he mic'd up for a Netflix documentary.

Still, he's the best to ever do it. Was only going one way that final.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,608 posts | 2003 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1266: May 02, 2022 09:28:21 pm
      Think the emotion just got to him at the end there. Just incredible achievement to keep battling against all that snooker and indeed life could throw at him.

Yeah it did. Two fav players are him and Alex Higgins
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 1383 
      Reply #1267: May 02, 2022 09:33:23 pm
      He's simply the greatest. No one in any other field or sport brings as much satisfaction and joy when he's at the table, at his peak. Hope he goes on and gets number 8 now. I'm sure he will!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,608 posts | 2003 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1268: May 02, 2022 09:39:04 pm
      He's simply the greatest. No one in any other field or sport brings as much satisfaction and joy when he's at the table, at his peak. Hope he goes on and gets number 8 now. I'm sure he will!

Yeah i agree. along with Hamilton.  ;D
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 30,145 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1269: May 02, 2022 09:40:41 pm

A joy to watch over the last few weeks.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,408 posts | 850 
      Reply #1270: May 02, 2022 09:44:05 pm
      Yeah it did. Two fav players are him and Alex Higgins

Yeah Alex was something else. I was nagged into building a snooker room in my son's garden, last year. He's a Steve Davis fan, I think Alex was the best ever for drama etc. but I had lost interest in the game now I have to go round there once a week to play and watch it on the box. So I didn't watch all that much this year but yes Alex and ROS and Jimmy White are the 3 best who ever played.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1271: May 02, 2022 09:53:18 pm
      Yeah Alex was something else. I was nagged into building a snooker room in my son's garden, last year. He's a Steve Davis fan, I think Alex was the best ever for drama etc. but I had lost interest in the game now I have to go round there once a week to play and watch it on the box. So I didn't watch all that much this year but yes Alex and ROS and Jimmy White are the 3 best who ever played.

People are quick to forget Hendry who had a great mix of steel and flair.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 1383 
      Reply #1272: May 02, 2022 10:04:11 pm

That it's taken Ronnie this long to equal Hendry in the Worlds says it all about how amazing the guy was in the 90s. Fascinating hearing Ronnie chatting with Stephen a couple of days back on the BBC saying if Hendry had adapted his game to something more defensive later on in his career then he would have added more titles to his name.

All about those two.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,408 posts | 850 
      Reply #1273: May 02, 2022 10:09:27 pm

Yeah and may be because he was more of a slightly robotic figure. I liked him and I was interested a lot more thru his time. Such an attacking player as well. But Alex started me and my 5 brothers off with snooker but we all appreciate Hendry. Great player and can be talked about in the same breath as ROS.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,290 posts | 2096 
      Reply #1274: May 02, 2022 10:37:40 pm
      He was certainly the most talented player ever to hold a cue and now he's got the 7th world title he's the greatest player for me. When you factor in the demons he's had to battle to get there, to win 7 over a 20 year period is a stunning achievement.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,608 posts | 2003 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1275: May 03, 2022 01:37:11 pm

Funny you mention White as he was my third choice. All 3 mentioned are basically exciting to watch and peoples champions.  :)

Quick Reply