Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Amir Khan vs Oisin Fagan

Read 6143 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Amir Khan vs Oisin Fagan
      Dec 07, 2008 12:31:08 am
      Khan looked like his old self with an early round win.

Amir Khan returned to winning ways with a second-round stoppage of Oisin Fagan at the Excel Arena on Saturday night.

The Bolton lightweight was fighting for the first time since being knocked out in the first round by Breidis Prescott in September.

Fagan, a light-punching American-based Irishman with a 22-5 record, was expected to provide durable opposition.

But Khan took control mid-way through the opening round and had his opponent down with 50 seconds left courtesy of a sweetly-timed right hand.

Flurry

Fagan beat the count easily but was down again immediately from another rapid flurry of Khan punches, this time the Dublin-born fighter had more difficulty in returning to his feet.

Had referee Mickey Vann not ruled another visit to the canvas shortly afterwards as a slip, Fagan would not have seen out the opening three minutes.

Vann's decision was only delaying the inevitable and, following more Khan dominance at the start of the second, he stepped in to stop proceedings just past the mid point of the round.

Nerves

Reflecting on his morale-boosting win, Khan told Sky Box Office: "I knew where I went wrong against Breidis Prescott.

"Fagan is a fighter who doesn't go down. Look at his record, I don't think anyone has done that to him.

"My team told me to pace myself, not to go for the knockout, that it would come itself. That's what I did."

"I said whoever I was going to fight, that I was going to be the worst opponent they can have.

"I was a bit more nervous than normal but I was relaxed and chilled out.

"It was another day at the office...I know how good I am and I'm not going to make the same mistakes again."

Link To Sky Sports

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Amir Khan vs Oisin Fagan
      Reply #1: Dec 07, 2008 11:24:09 am
      Well done Khan you can beat boxers that i punch harder than, he's never going to make it at this weight he needs to move down one
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Amir Khan vs Oisin Fagan
      Reply #2: Dec 07, 2008 04:06:58 pm

Quick Reply