Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Keano - Liverpool: After the Divorce

Read 15335 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Keano - Liverpool: After the Divorce
      Feb 06, 2009 11:53:07 pm
      Yawn. Wondered how long it was going to be.

"I wish the lads well, Rafa and the staff. I hope they do well.

"I'm not getting into a feud with anyone, I'm too big for that and have too much respect for people and what they do.

"I respect Rafa for how he picks his team and unfortunately I just didn't fit in with how he likes to play football.

"I went there and for whatever reason it didn't work out, simple as that. With a different manager there maybe it could have worked.

"The manager has his own opinions on how he wants to play football and set up a system and I didn't fit with that. But I believe it could have worked under a different manager."

To be honest I am a bit disappointed with Robbie.

I am fairly sure that Benitez when he sent him out 28 times in a Liverpool shirt told him to try and score some goals.  He played probably all but one of those games up front as a striker.  I'm not sure of his definition of 'playing football' but in any football team the job of a striker is to score goals and create chances.

Sour grapes from Keane.  I'd have a bit more respect for him if he either said nothing or admitted that he couldn't cope with the pressure of a big European club.

I expect a lot of media statements ahead of our clash with Spurs at the end of the year.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2009 12:20:46 am by JD »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Keane has a dig at Rafa
      Reply #1: Feb 06, 2009 11:54:46 pm
      I'm pretty sure it would have worked if he played well.... but then again what would I know about football
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2009 12:12:15 am
      Yawn. Wondered how long it was going to be.

"I wish the lads well, Rafa and the staff. I hope they do well.

"I'm not getting into a feud with anyone, I'm too big for that and have too much respect for people and what they do.

"I respect Rafa for how he picks his team and unfortunately I just didn't fit in with how he likes to play football.

"I went there and for whatever reason it didn't work out, simple as that. With a different manager there maybe it could have worked.

"The manager has his own opinions on how he wants to play football and set up a system and I didn't fit with that. But I believe it could have worked under a different manager."

To be honest I am a bit disappointed with Robbie.

I am fairly sure that Benitez when he sent him out 28 times in a Liverpool shirt told him to try and score some goals.  He played probably all but one of those games up front as a striker.  I'm not sure of his definition of 'playing football' but in any football team the job of a striker is to score goals and create chances.

Sour grapes from Keane.  I'd have a bit more respect for him if he either said nothing or admitted that he couldn't cope with the pressure of a big European club.

I expect a lot of media statements ahead of our clash with Spurs at the end of the year.

I mean come on! I really beginning to wonder what it takes for a striker to score goals in a Liverpool shirt, Torres is exempt to a degree but if I'm a striker then I'd have a passion to score goals! That's my aim - every bloody match, I will be trying to score!

If Rafa or any manager tells a striker that he sends out on a pitch, 'go on son, sit deep & run about like a headless chicken - forget about scoring today' then I would think, f@ck that & do the opposite!

To be a good striker, you have to be selfish in front of goal - at least 90% of the time.

GOD! It's not hard to fathom!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2009 12:36:43 am
      Like I said earlier.  I'm disappointed in his comments.

Players who perform have a god given right to have an arrogant streak.  But Keane didn't.

He should be a little bit more humble.

LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #4: Feb 07, 2009 12:42:56 am
      .............and not miss so many sitters
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 07, 2009 12:56:03 am
      I think that Keane did himself no favours when he was here because he was guilty of missing bread and butter chances. However, Rafa treated him like sh*t. Firstly, he was not given half enough time to form a partnership with Torres and when they were beginning to show promise, Torres got injured and Robbie was forced to play up front alone which does not suit his style of play. He was always nervous as he knew come the 60th minute, he would be off so he was almost working too hard on the pitch and not given the time to express himself. He is a confidence player and would have been so confused when he was dropped after scoring 3 goals in 2 games. I find it amazing how people can judge him as a poor signing in 6 months. Rafa will regret it. Keane is a top lad and player. Full Stop.
      Dansven
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts | -2 
      Reply #6: Feb 07, 2009 01:48:39 am
      I am a bit disappointed with Robbie, But I really disappointed with Rafa and both Yankees.
      Sell and Loan players a lot, dont buy a really good player =/
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Feb 07, 2009 03:31:47 am

You've got your different manager now mate. There can only be one boss.

Good luck climbing up the table.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #8: Feb 07, 2009 03:50:13 am
      In response to Kopite09.

Liverpool Football Club don't have the time to wait for 'confidence' players.

He had more than enough minutes on the pitch.  Apart from his occasional goals I rarely saw him play the ball forward or even hold the ball up for others.

He needs to stop kidding himself and realise he is back at his level.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #9: Feb 07, 2009 05:58:09 am
      Any respect I had for him just went out the window.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Feb 07, 2009 06:19:13 am
      The fact about Keane is, he has been playing in the Premier League for so many years but couldn't do it for us.
      A striker is noted for their goal scoring records.

Though Keane works his socks off, no one is gonna look back and say 'Hey, that lad doesn't score alot but he sure is a good buy as he's working hard,closing down and pressuring all the time'.

On the other hand, some players don't play well in a game and then suddenly pops up with goals.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #11: Feb 07, 2009 08:26:38 am
      Very disappointed, may be taking some pointers from Gillett.
      If he did not understand Rafa, the phrase, "Sorry Boss I'm not too sure what you mean, can you explain it again?" may of been some use.
      He now claims, (in the papers) that if we win the League, he does not want his medal, and will give it to his brother!! Tosser if true.
      Sour Grapes Keane, You loved the club when you came, you were given the No7 shirt, and it did not work, you had your chance, tried to show boat in the early games, but mucked up. There have been better players than you that have come and gone. See you in May, don't expect a welcome.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/02/07/robbie-keane-i-will-give-my-medal-away-if-liverpool-win-the-league-115875-21103793/
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Feb 07, 2009 08:31:25 am
      Who cares Robbie, go on and run into Harry's arms where he'll give you support. You blew it, no need to blame others.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13: Feb 07, 2009 08:40:41 am
      Now F**k off Keano. Go & buy a good pc to watch yourself before you speak.
      daylami
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #14: Feb 07, 2009 09:01:25 am
      I come in peace i`m a Spurs fan and just wanted to give you a view from the Lane. I`m not that happy if i`m being honest with Robbies return to the Lane when your club came calling in the summer he could`nt wait to get out and follow his BOYHOOD DREAM but when the dream turned sour he was lucky that we had a manager daft enough to take him back not only that but he`s been made captain not happy not happy at all  :f_steam: All the best for the rest of the season hope you win the title as i can safely rule us out now ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Feb 07, 2009 09:04:39 am
      I come in peace I`m a Spurs fan and just wanted to give you a view from the Lane. I`m not that happy if I`m being honest with Robbies return to the Lane when your club came calling in the summer he could`nt wait to get out and follow his BOYHOOD DREAM but when the dream turned sour he was lucky that we had a manager daft enough to take him back not only that but he`s been made captain not happy not happy at all  :f_steam: All the best for the rest of the season hope you win the title as I can safely rule us out now ;D

Cheers matey, hope you's stay up. Not for Harry's sake because i dont like him but your honestly too good for the Championship + i love seeing Spurs beating the Arse and Voyeur imploding.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 07, 2009 09:10:16 am
      Robbie needs to take a hard look at himself, before blaming it on others. The simple fact is over his short time here he did not perform. The one game that summed it up for me was Preston he missed 4 easy chances, and then bottled the 5th and played hospital ball to Xabi. That was the clearest sign that we needed to get rid. No one can blame Rafa for his purchase of him, Rafa and all of us thought we were getting a Seen it Done it got the T-shirt premier league striker, unfortuantly it didnt workout that way, but that is not the systems fault or Rafa's fault. Look at yourself Robbie!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Keane not interested in Reds medal
      Reply #17: Feb 07, 2009 09:19:55 am
      Keane not interested in Reds medal
      Saturday, February 7, 2009
      http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?Keane_not_interested_in_ Reds_medal&in_article_id=524714&in_page_id=43&in_a_source=

Robbie Keane has revealed he would give his medal away if Liverpool were to win the Premier League.

Striker Keane brought to an end a disappointingly brief spell at Anfield when he signed for former club Tottenham this week having scored seven goals in 28 appearances for the club he supported as a child.

With Liverpool second in the league they have their best chance in years of claiming the title, but Keane would take little pleasure from being given a medal, saying: "It would mean nothing at all to me now. My brother is a Liverpool fan so I'd probably give it to him."

He added: "The way I look at it is that a medal means something when you are a part of the squad and involved in winning a trophy.

"When you are in and out of the squad and not involved in games, there are times when you don't feel part of it.

"Next month's Carling Cup final means more to me because I'm a Tottenham player now, even though I can't play.

"Liverpool is gone. It's the past. What happens there now is not my problem."

I won't give him the medal 'cos he didn't nothing for it. He isn't happy that he can only have the only league medal so Keano f**k off & you're now down the drain like all the manure, chelshit & bluebitters players.  :f_steam:  >:(
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Keane not interested in Reds medal
      Reply #18: Feb 07, 2009 09:21:28 am
      So much for him being a boyhood Liverpool Fan....my arse !! ;)
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #19: Feb 07, 2009 09:26:14 am
      He should have just kept his stupid mouth shut cos he is making himself look like a right pr*ck! Firstly saying that Rafa didnt fancy him and now this, Robbie lad just admit you werent good enough and therefore lost your opportunity!!

He had plenty of chances to prove himself and bollocksed it up, so he can only blame himself.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #20: Feb 07, 2009 09:32:19 am
      Shut the f**k up Robbie. First he claimed that Rafa didn't give him a chance and then claimed that he would have succeeded under a manager but please on the TV and take a damn look at how badly you played for us! Yes you definitely contributed a few goals for us and being offered a medal to say that you were once part of us that won the league and you don't want? You were once part of the squad even if you left, you contributed and now you want to throw it away. Are you too big for us? F**k off to Spurs..
      « Last Edit: Feb 07, 2009 12:02:01 pm by Venison 86, Reason: U removed and replaced with you »
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #21: Feb 07, 2009 09:37:32 am
      What do u want from us Keane? You have contributed a few goals to us, thats all. Nothing much I would say. You were once part of us and u are blaming us for not getting enough chances. Mind you you played in 28 games but you were so pathetic that you were subbed off every game. 28 games is a lot and for 28 games when u played we looked like we are playing with 10 man, cause u were always wasting chances away that even Carra would score. Face it Rafa gave the chances to u. You didnt take it and thats why he sold u away. As a pool fan u should be proud of being with us for 6 months and now u are screaming your failure at the press. Really disappointed in a 'Pool' fan like him..
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Feb 07, 2009 10:01:22 am
      Why say that, he's made a fool out of himself. Can't be much of a Liverpool fan either if he'd rather Tottenham won the Carling Cup then us win the league!

Quick Reply