Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

European Cup Quarter Final: Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven

Read 29641 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: European Cup Quarter Final: Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven
      Reply #69: Apr 03, 2007 11:42:12 pm
      Another game we cleanly dominated.
      PSV were... awful to say the least. But any way, let's not get too carried away. There is another leg to come.

Indeed!
      As long as there's no complacency - which I doubt there would be with Rafa - we should be ok.
      I hope they play like they did tonight, at Anfield!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #70: Apr 03, 2007 11:44:22 pm
      Fabulous. Magnifico.

Very proud of our boys.  Someone was saying on the radio, under the Houllier years we would have tried to sit on that 1-0 half time lead, but we ruthlessly got the best out of the night.

Brilliant.  So many players really performing in the 'yellow' shirt.  Some games since January we have played magnificently and this was another prime example.  21 points behind United really does not show the true indicator of how good a side we are.  Rafa Benitez is a legend.  I can't wait for the day he lands us the title.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #71: Apr 03, 2007 11:49:17 pm
      Fabulous. Magnifico.

Very proud of our boys.  Someone was saying on the radio, under the Houllier years we would have tried to sit on that 1-0 half time lead, but we ruthlessly got the best out of the night.

Brilliant.  So many players really performing in the 'yellow' shirt.  Some games since January we have played magnificently and this was another prime example.  21 points behind United really does not show the true indicator of how good a side we are.  Rafa Benitez is a legend.  I can't wait for the day he lands us the title.

He will land us the title, and when he does. Its time to get completely wrecked. :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #72: Apr 04, 2007 12:34:25 am
      21 points behind United really does not show the true indicator of how good a side we are.  Rafa Benitez is a legend.  I can't wait for the day he lands us the title.

Totally agree. 21 points behind is due to a lot of missed opportunities on our part and that's all. Looks like that is starting to be addressed though and long may it continue. Once we are deadly - like tonight and Saturday - week in week out, Rafa Benitez the legend will land us the title sooner rather than later. For sure!

Court, will you get the first round in? ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #73: Apr 04, 2007 01:45:51 am
      Match Report... and those 3 beautiful goals to watch again, again and again!

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/fixtures/2007/uefa/psv-eindhoven-quarter-final-1st-leg.html
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #74: Apr 04, 2007 09:19:22 am
      What can i say after that performance last night ?? WOW !!  I truly believe our name is on No. 6 !!   mmmm....where's that brochure for holidays to Athens  ;) ;D  Great to see us back were we should be and congrats to Jamie C and Stevie G for their European records, ( Jamie, most European performances and Stevie most European goals) .  Feels good to go into work today and have full bragging rights !!   ;) ;D ;D   
      shieldslfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #75: Apr 04, 2007 10:18:18 am
      Great Performance Red Men, come on Valencia and Roma!

Does anyone know who's at home for the first leg in the semis?
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #76: Apr 04, 2007 10:25:50 am
      Brilliant Performance form the lads put there, we as good as in the semi's now.
      Shame for Fabio just starting to show some form, terrible injury.
      Cy
      Reply #77: Apr 04, 2007 10:39:55 am
      RAFA RAFAEL..RAFA RAFAEL..RAFA RAFAEL..RAFAEL BENITEZ.. Once again his tactics were spot on. A real threat that game, brilliant partnership in the middle, three greats goals. Finnan brilliant, solid on the back..well done lads..
      mr.green
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #78: Apr 04, 2007 03:57:22 pm
      greaaaaat Liverpoooool!!!congratulations. we'll win this cup.I'm believe.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #79: Apr 04, 2007 04:06:03 pm
      Great Performance Red Men, come on Valencia and Roma!

Does anyone know who's at home for the first leg in the semis?
      Liverpool are away for the first leg.
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2007 04:07:06 pm by davie t »
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #80: Apr 04, 2007 04:35:02 pm
      A great night and great performance,all we can do now is throw our lead away,but Rafa will make sure they don't,and with our fans behind them all the way,it will be another 3-0 at Anfield...Come on liverpool!
      Koemann looked gutted and had no idea what to do against us.....almost feel sorry for him.

NOT! :laugh:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #81: Apr 04, 2007 06:28:05 pm
      Brilliant result, PSV were poor but we tore them to shreds, could've been 4 or 5.

People were raving about Arbeloa after the Arsenal match quite rightly, the other benefit of his signing showed last night, Steve Finnan looked like he had a rocket up his @rse after realising his first team place wasn't guaranteed anymore. Mascherano carried on where he left off in the last match, another great performance. If he keeps playing like this I might get excited about him sooner than I planned  ;D

Only downside to the night was Aurelio's injury. ITV said it was career threatening, but I wouldn't quite go that far, definately out for the season though.

Found a great post on Bluekipper, an Everton forum:

ken

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: I'm jealous of them bĂĄstards.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proper, fĂșcking jealous.

Yep, they're cĂșnts, we all know it but christ, Villa on a Monday night in the battle for 6th or PSV away on the Tuesday in the 1/4 Final of the Champions League?

You just know what's going to happen don't you come May? And don't anyone fĂșcking dare say otherwise because I will, I truly will, eat your fĂșcking face off.

I want Everton to be good, like really good, not in years to come, I want it now, I'm bored of Everton, excite me Everton for I am so tired of living off an FA Cup win 12 years ago.

I want the Champions League, get me that fĂșcking thing.

Bless em  :D :D :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #82: Apr 04, 2007 10:22:56 pm

Found a great post on Bluekipper, an Everton forum:

Say no more.....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #83: Apr 08, 2007 11:36:16 am
      Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven
      European Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg (3-0 from 1st leg)
      Anfield
      Wednesday 11th April 2007 (7.45pm)

Back to Anfield then, what will be our tactics for this one. 

To be totally honest these games are usually horrible.  I hope we score an early goal to really finish this tie off.  I can't be doing with an early PSV strike and then 90 minutes of squeaky bum time.

Pick the same team as the 1st leg Rafa (apart from Fabio) and let's give them another 3-0 hiding.  I'm just waiting for the papers to start bigging them up, reminding us of our 3-0 deficit at Istanbul at half time....
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #84: Apr 08, 2007 12:47:33 pm
      I would love to see Robbie play a full 90mins in this match.
      Personally I can't see anything but a Liverpool win, PSV will have the same approach as last week and play with a damage limitation attitude.
      This is a match for Liverpool to really make a statement in Europe and to show why we are the favourites for the Cup.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #85: Apr 08, 2007 02:54:22 pm
      I think we will  win 4 - 1 Fowler (2) Gerrard and Bellamy. PSV got beat 2 - 1 yesterday to NEC Nijmegen they are going through a bad patch at the minute.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2007 02:55:22 pm by davie t »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #86: Apr 08, 2007 07:25:46 pm
      Pick the same team as the 1st leg Rafa (apart from Fabio) and let's give them another 3-0 hiding.  I'm just waiting for the papers to start bigging them up, reminding us of our 3-0 deficit at Istanbul at half time....

This is a match for Liverpool to really make a statement in Europe and to show why we are the favourites for the Cup.

God I hope so just been told i`ve got a ticket
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #87: Apr 08, 2007 08:35:42 pm
      God I hope so just been told I`ve got a ticket

really.... how much for it???? ;D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #88: Apr 08, 2007 08:54:47 pm
      thats the downside its a hospitality ticket, I think about ÂŁ200 - ÂŁ250 wont know for sure till Tuesday
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #89: Apr 08, 2007 10:49:10 pm
      home leg tickets sold out grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #90: Apr 09, 2007 02:11:33 am
      thats the downside its a hospitality ticket, I think about ÂŁ200 - ÂŁ250 wont know for sure till Tuesday

whats a hospitality ticket??? and no, i don't have that much money.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #91: Apr 09, 2007 10:43:52 am
      whats a hospitality ticket??? and no, I don't have that much money.

I have never been on a hospitality ticket to Anfield but the mate i`m going with has, the ticket normally includes a ticket, programme, transport from city center to ground a pre match meal and drinks before and after match in one of the reds bar. Expensive I know. >:( but we look at it this way the last tickets we could get were in January so if you save the money that we could of spent on tickets and travelling to the match 400mile round journey we can justify it ourselves. but maybe not to the Wife!
       ;D

Quick Reply