Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Christopher Buchtmann (Fulham)

Read 5808 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Christopher Buchtmann (Fulham)
      Feb 01, 2010 12:01:30 pm
      Just seen on SSN that they're poised to buy him and that Benitez hasn't been impressed with him.

WTF?
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Re: Christopher Buchtmann (Fulham)
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2010 12:03:55 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5909144,00.html

Skysports.com understands Liverpool youngster Christopher Buchtmann is poised to join Premier League rivals Fulham.

Fulham have made a move to sign the highly-rated German in a cut-price deal as Roy Hodgson looks to bolster his squad.

Buchtmann joined Liverpool in the summer of 2008 from Borussia Dortmund and he was tipped for a big future at Anfield.

The 17-year-old was a member of Liverpool's youth side that reached the FA Youth Cup final and he helped Germany win last summer's European Under 17 Championship.

However, Buchtmann has failed to impress Reds boss Rafa Benitez and he has allowed the German, who can play at left-back or left midfield, to leave for Fulham.

Just a loan maybe?
      Selling a 17yo doesn't sound like a good idea. (Unless it's for big money.)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2010 12:04:50 pm
      F**k that. Better than some of the stuff we've seen on the left.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2010 12:08:06 pm
      Apparently there are 'issues' behind the scenes.

From what I've heard he hasn't been getting his head down.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2010 12:12:01 pm
      Must be off the field that he hasn't impressed because he was one of the better youth players
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #5: Feb 01, 2010 12:13:09 pm
      Fulham have made a move to sign the highly-rated German in a cut-price deal as Roy Hodgson looks to bolster his squad.
      So if true not only will we sell a good prospect but sell him on the cheap. Please be some sort of sell on clause if that's the case
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #6: Feb 01, 2010 12:17:34 pm
      never even heard of him. cant say im arsed one bit.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2010 12:18:14 pm
      Top quality players! Get your cheap young top quality players!
      Everyone must be sold! Wage bill must be lowered!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2010 12:22:35 pm
      Ridiculous, only heard good things about him. If he turns into a cracking player I'm going to be pissed!
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 01, 2010 12:32:10 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/02/01/german-teenager-christopher-buchtmann-moves-from-liverpool-fc-to-fulham-100252-25730262/

LIVERPOOL have agreed a deal to sell young left-back Christopher Buchtmann to Fulham for £100,000.

The 17-year-old German joined the Reds’ Academy in 2008 after making the switch from Borussia Dortmund.

Buchtmann was part of the Reds team who reached last season’s FA Youth Cup final and last summer he played a starring role in Germany’s European Under-17 Championship triumph. He was named among UEFA’s top 10 stars of the future.

However, after being promoted to Melwood he has struggled to impress this season and has been off-loaded to the Cottagers.

Great. Now we can afford Silva.

Someone please close this.
      It's making me sad.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #10: Feb 01, 2010 12:33:14 pm
      £100,000?

That's just F***ing stupid I see what they mean by "cut price".
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Feb 01, 2010 12:36:12 pm
      This was reported a couple hours ago, and seems to have come to fruition. I was hoping the fee reported when i first saw the story (100,000 was the figure then) was below the mark but it isn't obviously.

F**k-a-doodle-doo.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #12: Feb 01, 2010 12:57:30 pm
      What a F***ing joke.

I'm sorry, but £100,000 is a pittance nowadays for a player, even a young one. Was hoping we'd see him in the next couple of years, but not for another club FFS.

Not happy.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Feb 01, 2010 01:07:48 pm
      Typical Liverpool. 100 grand for a kid who will go on to big things. If we were buying him hed be going for over a million with add ons. STOP SELLING OUR BEST YOUNG TALENT!!!!

Edit: Fulham hjave just signed Nicky Shorey who plays same position as Buchtmann so might scuper that deal with some luck?
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2010 01:14:53 pm by Brian78 »
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #14: Feb 01, 2010 01:15:20 pm
      hang on, hes a 17 year old kid whoose never played a cup game for us never mind a PL game.

I've never heard of him myself to be quite honest but ok, some of you might have, and maybe he has got some promise about him but that doesn't automatically mean hes worth 3 million or something like that. Some premiership footballers aren't even priced at a sum like that.

100K is nothing unusual, selling a kid that pretty much nobody knows anything about. If he was THAT good, we wouldnt be selling him anyway and his name would have been spoken about alot more than it has.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Feb 01, 2010 01:16:52 pm
      hang on, hes a 17 year old kid whoose never played a cup game for us never mind a PL game.

I've never heard of him myself to be quite honest but ok, some of you might have, and maybe he has got some promise about him but that doesn't automatically mean hes worth 3 million or something like that. Some premiership footballers aren't even priced at a sum like that.

100K is nothing unusual, selling a kid that pretty much nobody knows anything about. If he was THAT good, we wouldnt be selling him anyway and his name would have been spoken about alot more than it has.

He is a very good player. Whatever about selling him but were practically giving him away like we do with all our departing players. Big mistake in letting him go even bigger in not making good money on him
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #16: Feb 01, 2010 01:17:16 pm

I'd hardly consider him unknown:

Buchtmann was part of the Reds team who reached last season’s FA Youth Cup final and last summer he played a starring role in Germany’s European Under-17 Championship triumph. He was named among UEFA’s top 10 stars of the future.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Feb 01, 2010 01:18:30 pm

Mate, just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean he isn't worth more than what is quoted.

He is quality in our youth squad, brilliant left boot and a great runner down the left. He was superb for the German national youth side recently and definitely one of our brightest prospects.

No he won't fetch 3m but he is worth atleast 500,00k - 1m plus all the various add ons.

PS: Good players, whether they are youth or seniors, get sold.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #18: Feb 01, 2010 01:19:32 pm
      Kids come and go all the time though and if there was something special about him he would have been involved in first team football by now, making the squad a few times, especially in the league cup where rafa tends to bring in quite a few kids.

Im suprised to see so many of you are that bothered really, my predicition is he will be plaiying for Gillingham or somebody in 2 or 3 years.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Feb 01, 2010 01:22:06 pm
      Kids come and go all the time though and if there was something special about him he would have been involved in first team football by now, making the squad a few times, especially in the league cup where rafa tends to bring in quite a few kids.

Im suprised to see so many of you are that bothered really, my predicition is he will be plaiying for Gillingham or somebody in 2 or 3 years.

Hes under 18 of course he wasnt going to feature in the first team. Pacheco is just about on the fringes and look at how good he is.
      Rafa brings in Reserve players not youth team players
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #20: Feb 01, 2010 01:22:36 pm

Well, given we lack quality in depth in general on the left hand side, maybe you shouldn't be all that surprised.

Aurelio is class but injury-prone, and 30, and I believe Benayoun has hit his thirties not that long back as well.

It would have been nice to have another youngster pushing through like Insua has done than have to worry about the owners investing in those positions.

But I hope you're right and he turns out sh*t, because he's no longer our player.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #21: Feb 01, 2010 01:28:45 pm
      True ayrton and its always good to see players come through from the youth set up, but i think we would have seen slightly more of him or heard abit more if he could cut it at this level or is bound to be a fantastic player.

Not always the case but certainly the majority of cases, you hear great things about players well before they make it. I can remember gerrards name being spoken about for a year or 2 before his debut and what everybodys like with Pacheco now is abit of an example of that.

But this lad, i've heard nothing about.

Crouchino, i no thats just me mate but I think if this kid was anything special somebody i would no his name by now. I've not seen anything on the forum about him until today either.

Wish this kid well for his future but it hasn't fazed me we've moved him on for a sum of 100K since hes never featured for LFC.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #22: Feb 01, 2010 02:18:03 pm
      Its a shocker.BTW did we make a profit on him?  :P

Quick Reply