Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764398 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16238: Feb 03, 2015 06:25:20 pm
      Why are you talking sh*te?

You have no idea what has gone on at the club during this window, yet here you are blaming the owners for failing to make signings.

Has it occurred to you that there are no players available that BR wants ?

Has it occurred to you that enquiries were made, but the prices quoted were well over the odds?

Has it occurred to you that enquiries were made and we were told "NO".

You seem to think the club can wave a magic wand and just get in the players BR wants, or do you think we should just pay whatever other clubs are asking?
      That worked out well for Leeds, didn't it?

You didn't answer my question ?

But I will do the decent thing and amnswer your (apart from the talking sh*t one)

I think most people can see we did nothing this window

We didn't try to buy anyone

No magic wand, just a club that will have to buy a forward, now or the summer. Why not TRY to buy one now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16239: Feb 03, 2015 06:31:22 pm

But I will do the decent thing and amnswer your (apart from the talking sh*t one)

No magic wand, just a club that will have to buy a forward, now or the summer. Why not TRY to buy one now

Mate, wouldn't rise to him. His way or the highway or threats by DM.

Pissing in to the wind mate. Probably on the FSG payroll that one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #16240: Feb 03, 2015 06:36:29 pm

Whether you're a 'fan' of FSG or not there is simply no way of knowing if this is true or not.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #16241: Feb 03, 2015 06:39:03 pm

Unless your on the club payroll sitting on the transfer committee how can you say with any authority what we did or did try to do.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16242: Feb 03, 2015 06:39:08 pm
      Whether you're a 'fan' of FSG or not there is simply no way of knowing if this is true or not.

I think it's fairly safe to assume not Si.. Litterally no person in the press or in another role near to the club ran any link of substance. In the modern day someone always knows something but we heard nothing.

I think it's safe to say we didn't this window
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16243: Feb 03, 2015 06:40:08 pm

Not 100%

But I think most people would agree that we didn't make any effort this window
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16244: Feb 03, 2015 06:49:24 pm
      I just find it amazing in these threads I really do.

Its fine, people want to think FSG is asset stripping so be it...people think Brendan's teeth are to white...so be it.

Can we talk about best form in league so far 2015..f**k no

Can we talk about Migs finally getting some clean sheets?....f**k no

Can we talk about being 4 points out of 4th?.. Ah hell no.

We totally dominate a team on Sunday and you will hardly get a post, come in here and the BR thread and its just a f**king bi*ch-fest by 1/2 dozen people that like nothing more than just to moan.

I am more convinced daily that the bitchers don't even watch matches anymore or even care about the results on the pitch, time is better spent searching for negative articles and giving everybody the wind-up.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #16245: Feb 03, 2015 06:55:26 pm

Its fine, people want to think FSG is asset stripping so be it...people think Brendan's teeth are to white...so be it.

Not in the owner's thread mate, no.

It's the end of the transfer window, one of the two we have a year. Some think we should have done business and some don't.

More than fair game to talk about it in the owners thread. If your going to have a proper whinge you could go to the Manager's thread. That has gotten ridiculous.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16246: Feb 03, 2015 07:00:43 pm

It's the end of the transfer window, one of the two we have a year. Some think we should have done business and some don't.

More than fair game to talk about it in the owners thread. If your going to have a proper whinge you could go to the Manager's thread. That has gotten ridiculous.

Its not that WAHS...its the guys that only post in the owners thread or the BR thread...the ones you never in a year, 3 years or 5 years say one positive thing about anything on the pitch or off.

I never see some people in a match thread or talk about when we win, I am convinced some people prefer it when we lose.

Not speaking of you in particular because you post everywhere and sure this is the place to bi*ch on transfers that did not happen; no debate on that from me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #16247: Feb 03, 2015 07:01:31 pm
      Not 100%

I saw a lot of players linked.....whether they were valid links is hard to know unless you know someone high up in the club.

Lavezzi
      Higuain
      Ryan
      Ochoa
      Ings
      Milner
      Pjanic
      Delph

I even saw a link to Benzema.

And those are all just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

I suppose if you actually didn't believe Brendan back in the summer when he said our big spending was done (for years is what I inferred from his comments) then you'd think we would have been players. I expected all along that we would not do much and Brendan would be required to go with what he's got.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16248: Feb 03, 2015 07:01:51 pm

We totally dominate a team on Sunday and you will hardly get a post, come in here and the BR thread and its just a f**king bi*ch-fest by 1/2 dozen people that like nothing more than just to moan.

I am more convinced daily that the bitchers don't even watch matches anymore or even care about the results on the pitch, time is better spent searching for negative articles and giving everybody the wind-up.

To be fair, you can start conversations on any of those things if you wish

I'm sure people will join in
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #16249: Feb 03, 2015 07:02:23 pm
      I think it's fairly safe to assume not Si.. Litterally no person in the press or in another role near to the club ran any link of substance. In the modern day someone always knows something but we heard nothing.

I think it's safe to say we didn't this window

Not 100%

I do agree lads but was just saying we cannot be 100% certain.

Having said that I'd much rather this than constant 'news' about us 'trying' to buy players we all know will never happen. This time it was pretty clear we wouldn't be buying in this window.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16250: Feb 03, 2015 07:04:38 pm
      I do agree lads but was just saying we cannot be 100% certain.

Having said that I'd much rather this than constant 'news' about us 'trying' to buy players we all know will never happen. This time it was pretty clear we wouldn't be buying in this window.

You can often wade through the bollocks and see what has substance and what doesn't by who is reporting it.

None of the respected believable links were doing or saying anything so it didn't take much working out we were doing nothing this window
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #16251: Feb 03, 2015 07:06:11 pm
      Its not that WAHS...its the guys that only post in the owners thread or the BR thread...the ones you never in a year, 3 years or 5 years say one positive thing about anything on the pitch or off.

I never see some people in a match thread or talk about when we win, I am convinced some people prefer it when we lose.

Not speaking of you in particular because you post everywhere and sure this is the place to bi*ch on transfers that did not happen; no debate on that from me.

Oh I get you now. There's a few of them around that's for sure.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16252: Feb 03, 2015 07:09:32 pm

AZ we are talking about the lack of action during the transfer window. No one talking about teeth.

The team is doing great,now, we have to follow it through. One way the owner (this is the owners thread) could help the team is by getting some money together and trying to buy the best forward possible during the January transfer window.

Now I am not talking about spending £100m but we will have to buy a forward at some point, we can buy one now, who might help us win the FA cup, UEFA cup and help us get top 4, or we can buy one in the summer.

The owners have decided to wait till the summer.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16253: Feb 03, 2015 07:10:20 pm
      I saw a lot of players linked.....whether they were valid links is hard to know unless you know someone high up in the club.

Lavezzi
      Higuain
      Ryan
      Ochoa
      Ings
      Milner
      Pjanic
      Delph

I suppose if you actually didn't believe Brendan back in the summer when he said our big spending was done (for years is what I inferred from his comments) then you'd think we would have been players. I expected all along that we would not do much and Brendan would be required to go with what he's got.

I think if you look at the spine of the squad now what we will see going forward is a decrease in the quantity and an increase the the quality of player movement.

You could see Balo, Borini and Lambert gone with 1 bigger name striker coming in and Origi coming back from loan.

You see Stevie leaving but Hendo/Can/Lucas to take that spot....with Illori coming back and hopefully Lovren getting better.

We need a GK and a real #2 striker but I would suggest that 80% of the starting XI is currently in the squad right now.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16254: Feb 03, 2015 07:11:09 pm
      AZ we are talking about the lack of action during the transfer window. No one talking about teeth.

The team is doing great,now, we have to follow it through. One way the owner (this is the owners thread) could help the team is by getting some money together and trying to buy the best forward possible during the January transfer window.

Now I am not talking about spending £100m but we will have to buy a forward at some point, we can buy one now, who might help us win the FA cup, UEFA cup and help us get top 4, or we can buy one in the summer.

The owners have decided to wait till the summer.

Gotcha Eddie...See you in the match thread mate!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16255: Feb 03, 2015 07:13:43 pm

Does anyone really think we couldn't have done with a new striker? I would have made every effort to get rid of Borini and Mario, and seriously looked about a suitable replacement. It may have taken a few quid to get one, but if it means the difference between Champions league qualification and failure to qualify, then it would be money well spent.
      If Sturridge get injured again (which is possible) there will be a riot on here, an rightly so!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #16256: Feb 03, 2015 07:20:13 pm
      Does anyone really think we couldn't have done with a new striker? I would have made every effort to get rid of Borini and Mario, and seriously looked about a suitable replacement. It may have taken a few quid to get one, but if it means the difference between Champions league qualification and failure to qualify, then it would be money well spent.
      If Sturridge get injured again (which is possible) there will be a riot on here, an rightly so!

I know, just some won't hear a bad word said about Henry and the penny pinchers.

Rodgers said a while ago nothing was going to happen so he knew the owners stance. And that stance being made regardless of whatever situation we were to be in is amateur and if not amateur, careless.

The timing and way they have announced the Coutinho contract signing tells it's own story. Great news? Yes. Used as a smokescreen also? Hell yes.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2015 07:31:52 pm by what-a-hit-son, Reason: Here to hear. »
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16257: Feb 03, 2015 07:32:37 pm

Lavezzi
      Higuain
      Ryan
      Ochoa
      Ings
      Milner
      Pjanic
      Delph

Like I said mate you can see through the bollocks and see the real links and who they come from.

Of course there will a lot of bollocks about as papers try to fill column space.

You get a feel in the city when stuff is genuinely happening. You don't have to be or know people high up in the club for that

I know, just some won't hear a bad word said about Henry and the penny pinchers.

Rodgers said a while ago nothing was going to happen so he knew the owners stance. And that stance being made regardless of whatever situation we were to be in is amateur and if not amateur, careless.

The timing and way they have announced the Coutinho contract signing tells it's own story. Great news? Yes. Used as a smokescreen also? Hell yes.

Of course mate.

Talk is there have been two in the bag for a while but they were waiting to break them at times when a good news story was needed

As you say.. Deadline day.. Coincidence? I wouldn't think so.

Still great news to get him tied down
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16258: Feb 03, 2015 07:38:44 pm

I did answer your question, with the question "why are you talking sh*te?"

Tell us, how do you know we didn't try to buy anyone?

You seem certain about this, whereas I think it's bullshit because you have absolutely no way of knowing whether or not we tried or failed or didn't bother.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #16259: Feb 03, 2015 07:39:35 pm

Of course mate.

Talk is there have been two in the bag for a while but they were waiting to break them at times when a good news story was needed

As you say.. Deadline day.. Coincidence? I wouldn't think so.

Still great news to get him tied down

I can't believe people can't see that, really can't. The fact that it has been done suggests they sort of knew they should have done something in the window.

Mad.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16260: Feb 03, 2015 07:44:18 pm
      Gotcha Eddie...See you in the match thread mate!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Why would you expect to see me in the match thread ?

I dont think I have ever posted in the match thread ?

During game I spend my time talking to my Father, who, when I was a child took me to the paddock and then the Kop.

I dont think any less of any Liverpool supporter because they didn't have the chance to go to Anfield. I was lucky, very lucky, my Father was a fanatic and I am grateful. AZ, In the same way you shouldn't judge someone because they dont post on the match thread.

Quick Reply