Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2777044 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16215: Feb 03, 2015 08:28:50 am
      I would like to thank FSG for all the time, effort and money they spent this January transfer window.
      It is great to see how much they have learned over the he last 4 years and how they won't make the same mistakes again.
      They have truly proved how much they want us to become winners, they have watched us play(highly unlikely) spotted where the weaknesses are, and then,  they have done f**k all about it.

I would like to add my vote of thanks to your post, well said.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #16216: Feb 03, 2015 03:49:31 pm
      I would like to thank FSG for all the time, effort and money they spent this January transfer window.
      It is great to see how much they have learned over the he last 4 years and how they won't make the same mistakes again.
      They have truly proved how much they want us to become winners, they have watched us play(highly unlikely) spotted where the weaknesses are, and then,  they have done f**k all about it.

I read the 1st line and I thought Swab/Hwood Balls had taken a new username..  :lmao:
      Anyway, yes they did F**k all. As usual.

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #16217: Feb 03, 2015 03:52:55 pm
      Wow. Another window. Another net profit for the "fervent fans"(Werner's words) over in Boston.
      Ofcourse they didn't manage to push Lambert out the door. Maybe they'll get Jenny Chang back to put dogshit thro his letterbox, and sabotage his parents business?

Who'd have thought it. Another wage cut. Next someone will tell me Alex Ferguson is a c**t, and bears really do sh*t in the woods. My total world-view has been shattered... :roll:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16218: Feb 03, 2015 04:03:41 pm
      I see B wing of the asylum must be on work release this week, the rotation is hard to miss.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #16219: Feb 03, 2015 04:35:58 pm
      I think it was smart business to be honest yes it is still a business that has to make a profit. Who do people actually think we could have bought in that window for a reasonable price. Benzima, Lavazzi or that Lyon fella??? each one of them would have cost us more now then if we wait till summer.

I think lambert should have left to get game time but hay ho, we have to start using the business mould of Arsenal as they now have the funds to attaract CL calibre players hence why we lost out to them in the summer. We need to get in CL and stay there and i honestly think the current squad have the credentials to do that and should be given the respect they deserve. we cant keep throwing money at our team and hope it clicks we have to give the team time to grow and we now have a solid youth base with 2-3 established additions we can compete.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16220: Feb 03, 2015 04:49:26 pm
      I see B wing of the asylum must be on work release this week, the rotation is hard to miss.
      What does that mean ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16221: Feb 03, 2015 04:53:11 pm
      So, despite the fact that hardly any clubs did any business, it's all FSG's fault.

These same people would be the ones moaning if FSG had "paid over the odds" for a player.

And yeah, the wage cuts.
      You can tell where the fellas interests lie when he doesn't even know that Coutinho signed a new deal, shortly to be followed by Sterling.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16222: Feb 03, 2015 05:10:41 pm
      So, despite the fact that hardly any clubs did any business, it's all FSG's fault.

These same people would be the ones moaning if FSG had "paid over the odds" for a player.

And yeah, the wage cuts.
      You can tell where the fellas interests lie when he doesn't even know that Coutinho signed a new deal, shortly to be followed by Sterling.

I couldnt give a F**k what the other club do !

The fact that they didn't strengthen make more sense for us to do it. We can get ahead of them.

Who is talking about wage cuts ? I am taking about strengthening the side when we have the chance
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #16223: Feb 03, 2015 05:15:33 pm

And yeah, the wage cuts.

Mate, the moaners, whingers, cynics and downright tools (aka AmericanPlant) have disappeared in 2015 and I guarantee you, the minute we lose, they'll all come back with a vengance. There are some old timers (and select few new) who have always voiced their opinions about owners and managers with genuine critical view and concern for the club, but majority just want to f***ing have a go for the sake of it...and it pisses me off.

Whether people like it or not, FFP is being enforced, hence even Citeh and Chavski reigning in their spending. TIt all makes me think the busienss we did in the summer has actually not been as bad as people make out. With Sakho, Hendo, Sterling, Couts, Studge, Can, Lallana and Markovic all being young, I actually think we're in a really good position for the foreseeble future. If we can sell some or all of Balo, Lambert, GJ, Allen, Enrique in the summer, and focus on giving Flanno, Ibe and other youngsters a bit more game time, and bring in a quality striker in the summer, we'll be back challenging for the title, I really believe that.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16224: Feb 03, 2015 05:22:00 pm
      I think it was smart business to be honest yes it is still a business that has to make a profit. Who do people actually think we could have bought in that window for a reasonable price. Benzima, Lavazzi or that Lyon fella??? each one of them would have cost us more now then if we wait till summer.

I think lambert should have left to get game time but hay ho, we have to start using the business mould of Arsenal as they now have the funds to attaract CL calibre players hence why we lost out to them in the summer. We need to get in CL and stay there and i honestly think the current squad have the credentials to do that and should be given the respect they deserve. we cant keep throwing money at our team and hope it clicks we have to give the team time to grow and we now have a solid youth base with 2-3 established additions we can compete.
      It is harder to do business during this window, but the facts would show that the best business we have done, regarding transfers, has been done during the January window.

Mate, we didn't even try to improve the team

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #16225: Feb 03, 2015 05:28:19 pm
      The denialist dickheads get worse with every passing week.
      They'll be telling us we're top of the league next.

Plants and parrots are boring. Fenway been at the club years. The only thing they managed to do (apart from feast on the fans money) is hang onto Luis's coat tails last yr. And they promptly sold him and brought in cheap two turkeys.

D Moores "Liverpool football club exists to win trophies and be a source of pride for its supporters".
      Fenway Smarm Group " The Liverpool-shire Saccer Brand exists to monetize shareholder investment".

It smells like, it looks like it. Yes, its a pile of sh*t they are feeding us.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16226: Feb 03, 2015 05:30:22 pm
      Mate, the moaners, whingers, cynics and downright tools (aka AmericanPlant) have disappeared in 2015 and I guarantee you, the minute we lose, they'll all come back with a vengance. There are some old timers (and select few new) who have always voiced their opinions about owners and managers with genuine critical view and concern for the club, but majority just want to f***ing have a go for the sake of it...and it pisses me off.

Whether people like it or not, FFP is being enforced, hence even Citeh and Chavski reigning in their spending. TIt all makes me think the busienss we did in the summer has actually not been as bad as people make out. With Sakho, Hendo, Sterling, Couts, Studge, Can, Lallana and Markovic all being young, I actually think we're in a really good position for the foreseeble future. If we can sell some or all of Balo, Lambert, GJ, Allen, Enrique in the summer, and focus on giving Flanno, Ibe and other youngsters a bit more game time, and bring in a quality striker in the summer, we'll be back challenging for the title, I really believe that.
      Everyone should be pissed off

The people running the club didn't even make the slightest effort to improve the team.

We have loads of games coming up. We have a good chance of winning two cups and a great chance to get CL qualification, but we can all see we are weak in certain areas. We need to strengthen the forwards and we need a better goalie.

We didn't even attempt to address these problems !

We are one of the richest clubs in Europe, there is no reason we couldn't of found some money to give us a better chance to win trophies or get CL qualification. The owners can't be bothered
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #16227: Feb 03, 2015 05:33:36 pm
      Mancs are considerably richer than us and all they bought in was loanee from Bolton.

Sometimes its not as easy as you think, maybe the players we want were not available?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16228: Feb 03, 2015 05:39:40 pm
      Mancs are considerably richer than us and all they bought in was loanee from Bolton.

Sometimes its not as easy as you think, maybe the players we want were not available?

Do you honestly believe we tried to do business?

Our own manager told us not to expect anything before the window even opened
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16229: Feb 03, 2015 05:40:34 pm
      Wish some would take their tongues out of Henry and Co's arseholes.

It's F***ing tedious.

I'm made up Coutinho is here to stay but let's not kid ourselves, the owners knew a long time ago that nothing was going to come in this window no matter what.

This deal was near completion a long time ago but announced on deadline day when F**k all came in even though it's plain for anybody to see how short in firepower we are with one lone striker of note who whilst prolific, is injury prone.

Anything we achieve will be despite them. There is really no room for a signing that doesn't instantly make an impact with this lot. If it doesn't work out straight away then tough sh*t. You'd think our scouting system would be world class considering the non-existent room for error in the way we operate but our's didn't get past Burnley whilst attempting to carry out another bit of pathetic penny pinching for the accountants to gloat about.

They aren't all bad, I get that, but they certainly aren't the super owners who can't put a foot wrong that some on here are brainwashed by.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #16230: Feb 03, 2015 05:43:29 pm
      Do you honestly believe we tried to do business?

Our own manager told us not to expect anything before the window even opened

Well seeing as though we spent a sh*t load in the summer maybe its a good idea he works with what we have. And I imagine thats what he would have been told, we already have a bloated squad.

Put it this way our geatest need has been for a striker who do you think of the quality we would want we were likely to prise away during this mid season window?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #16231: Feb 03, 2015 05:44:43 pm

I'm not pissed off, I'm disappointed but not pissed off. As many have stated, all the clubs richer than us have done minimal business, for a good reason. Unless we could sell two of Balo, Borini and Lambert, how can we justify buying another striker? Maybe we tried and couldn't sell? Maybe players we wanted were not available?

Given Migs has improved consdierably, is it not worth giving the man a chance until the end of the season? He's actually got 7 clean sheets now, same as Hart and De Gea. Yes he had a terrible two months but I'm really annoyed with how knee-jerk everyone has been. If he has got back to form and he's performing, why jump into a new keeper?

Buy buy buy is not always the immediate answer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16232: Feb 03, 2015 06:03:30 pm
      It is harder to do business during this window, but the facts would show that the best business we have done, regarding transfers, has been done during the January window.

Mate, we didn't even try to improve the team

Write to BR and tell him how disappointed you are.

I'm sure you'll get an answer  :roll:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #16233: Feb 03, 2015 06:03:33 pm
      Wish some would take their tongues out of Henry and Co's arseholes.It's f**king tedious.I'm made up Coutinho is here to stay but let's not kid ourselves, the owners knew a long time ago that nothing was going to come in this window no matter what.This deal was near completion a long time ago but announced on deadline day when f**k all came in even though it's plain for anybody to see how short in firepower we are with one lone striker of note who whilst prolific, is injury prone.Anything we achieve will be despite them. There is really no room for a signing that doesn't instantly make an impact with this lot. If it doesn't work out straight away then tough sh*t. You'd think our scouting system would be world class considering the non-existent room for error in the way we operate but our's didn't get past Burnley whilst attempting to carry out another bit of pathetic penny pinching for the accountants to gloat about.They aren't all bad, I get that, but they certainly aren't the super owners who can't put a foot wrong that some on here are brainwashed by

What would you have done? If we haven't been able to bring in that big name striker everyone seems to be frothing in the mouth about, maybe there are good reasons? FFP, already 4 strikers in the team (admittedly we should sell at least two of them and get quality in) and so on. Or, is it a case that everytime "some" try to apply some brain and analyse critically, they get accused of being brainwashed and wedging their tongue up Henry's arse.

Course FSG aren't perfect, nowhere near, but we could do alot worse. They can start by getting rid of the ridicilous committee for a start.

January was always going to be quiet, we knew that, the upturn in our form and return of Danny probably gave the owners and BR some reason to be cautious as well. I'm hoping, this is in good preparation for the summer because Balo and Borini are not good enough first choice strikers. So I'm going to give FSG the benefit of the doubt - or to put it in your words, keep licking Henry's arse.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16234: Feb 03, 2015 06:05:57 pm
      I'm not pissed off, I'm disappointed but not pissed off. As many have stated, all the clubs richer than us have done minimal business, for a good reason. Unless we could sell two of Balo, Borini and Lambert, how can we justify buying another striker? Maybe we tried and couldn't sell? Maybe players we wanted were not available?

Given Migs has improved consdierably, is it not worth giving the man a chance until the end of the season? He's actually got 7 clean sheets now, same as Hart and De Gea. Yes he had a terrible two months but I'm really annoyed with how knee-jerk everyone has been. If he has got back to form and he's performing, why jump into a new keeper?

Buy buy buy is not always the immediate answer.

I'm not even disappointed.
      BR said months ago that Jan would be quiet.

Add to that the fact that we have to spend wisely rather than just spunking money for the sake of it to appease fans who want to bring in more new players and unsettle the team again.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16235: Feb 03, 2015 06:09:20 pm
      Write to BR and tell him how disappointed you are.

I'm sure you'll get an answer  :roll:

Why are you being so condescending ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16236: Feb 03, 2015 06:13:39 pm
      Why are you being so condescending ?

Why are you talking sh*te?

You have no idea what has gone on at the club during this window, yet here you are blaming the owners for failing to make signings.

Has it occurred to you that there are no players available that BR wants?

Has it occurred to you that enquiries were made, but the prices quoted were well over the odds?

Has it occurred to you that enquiries were made and we were told "NO".

You seem to think the club can wave a magic wand and just get in the players BR wants, or do you think we should just pay whatever other clubs are asking?
      That worked out well for Leeds, didn't it?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16237: Feb 03, 2015 06:17:01 pm

Not decided months ago that F**k all was going to happen in January no matter what the situation.

You know, be a bit proactive and actually give a F**k about how the season is going and maybe up the ante a little bit. See that we have stuttered and act upon it. Speculate to accumulate once in a blue moon. Things like that.

Is that too much too ask? Not asking for much really.

But no, same old, same old.

Quick Reply