Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764886 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16468: Apr 05, 2015 01:17:52 pm
      As long as 4th is achieved every season FSG will be happy with this.

They are not interested in competing for the best players or trophies, just revenues. 

I don't, for one second believe that's true.

The important aspect of any business is maximizing the returns of a shareholder, meaning that trophies and challenging for top honors maximizes the value of the club and the returns of the owners.

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #16469: Apr 05, 2015 01:27:32 pm

The important aspect of any business is maximizing the returns of a shareholder, meaning that trophies and challenging for top honors maximizes the value of the club and the returns of the owners.

The increased tv money, building the new stand to increase the capacity: all of this has increased the value of the club without winning jack sh*t. They don't need to win jack sh*t to walk away with a nice profit in 3 years.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #16470: Apr 05, 2015 01:32:05 pm
      The increased tv money, building the new stand to increase the capacity: all of this has increased the value of the club without winning jack sh*t. They don't need to win jack sh*t to walk away with a nice profit in 3 years.

But that's only part of it, and they have made profit in 2014 did you see them walk away?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16471: Apr 05, 2015 01:34:10 pm
      As long as 4th is achieved every season FSG will be happy with this.

They are not interested in competing for the best players or trophies, just revenues. 
      This all F***ing day, top six is also acceptable to JWH & Co. That word 'acceptable' is of course wildly open to interpretation as far as JWH & Co are concerned.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #16472: Apr 05, 2015 01:36:55 pm
      But that's only part of it, and they have made profit in 2014 did you see them walk away?

The profits in any sale as of now won't be enough for them. They will keep trying to make the club more financially attractive to a buyer. That is their strategy.

Of course they don't deliberately want us to be sh*t on the field or to win nothing. I'm sure they'd enjoy the adulation and prestige of winning the league or Champions League. But that isn't why they are at Anfield. Their aim has always been long term financial profit. They are not going to risk that by spending money on superstars on skyhigh wages.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16473: Apr 05, 2015 01:45:12 pm

what is true is that to ensure the status of an asset investment is imperative, to state definitively that the owners will not use their own money to that end is faulted business procedure.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #16474: Apr 05, 2015 01:51:03 pm
      The profits in any sale as of now won't be enough for them. They will keep trying to make the club more financially attractive to a buyer. That is their strategy.

Of course they don't deliberately want us to be sh*t on the field or to win nothing. I'm sure they'd enjoy the adulation and prestige of winning the league or Champions League. But that isn't why they are at Anfield. Their aim has always been long term financial profit. They are not going to risk that by spending money on superstars on skyhigh wages.

Of course it is, it's the strategy for any other club too, maximize the value. It's also the strategy for any business to do well with the resources they have at their disposal, that's why something called corporate strategy exists. If they had the resources of Mubadala (Owners of Man City) who had an annual revenue of 8.5 billion USD, FSG would have done a lot more like spending money on superstars. To me, with the resources they have, they are doing a good job and have improved our club, the evidence supports it.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #16475: Apr 05, 2015 01:55:26 pm
      what is true is that to ensure the status of an asset investment is imperative, to state definitively that the owners will not use their own money to that end is faulted business procedure.

I'm trying to find if FSG have raised capital through their owners or using internal funds. However, I prefer using club's money to raise capital instead of raising debts.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #16476: Apr 05, 2015 02:00:07 pm
      To me, with the resources they have, they are doing a good job and have improved our club, the evidence supports it.

Off the field, they are doing a good job increasing revenues for the club. That is imperative for them financially for when they choose to sell.

On the field, if we finish 6/7th again this season, then since FSG took over Liverpool will have endured the worst sequence of league finishes since the 1950s. That isn't doing well to anyone but an idiot.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #16477: Apr 05, 2015 02:04:57 pm
      On the field, if we finish 6/7th again this season, then since FSG took over Liverpool will have endured the worst sequence of league finishes since the 1950s. That isn't doing well to anyone but an idiot.

Like coming close to winning the league last season since god knows when? Can you credit them for that? or is it Rodgers?

Liverpool have endured a worst sequence of league finishes because of the manager, not FSG, the same way we got close to winning the league last season was also because of the manager not FSG. How does the old saying goes again ''the owners are here to sign the checks''? correct me if I'm wrong. You want to blame someone blame the management put in place for lacking competency.

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #16478: Apr 05, 2015 02:08:56 pm
      Like coming close to winning the league last season since god knows when? Can you credit them for that? or is it Rodgers?

Liverpool have endured a worst sequence of league finishes because of the manager, not FSG, the same way we got close to winning the league last season was also because of the manager not FSG. How does the old saying goes again ''the owners are here to sign the checks''? correct me if I'm wrong. You want to blame someone blame the management put in place for lacking competency.

Oh you want to blame it all on the manager. Remind me who is responsible for appointing Brendan Rodgers? If Rodgers is sacked will they be sacked too?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #16479: Apr 05, 2015 02:11:22 pm
      Oh you want to blame it all on the manager. Remind me who is responsible for appointing Brendan Rodgers? If Rodgers is sacked will they be sacked too?

Where did I blame it all on Rodgers? I said management that includes Rodgers. You can't sack yourself if you own a company d'uh
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16480: Apr 05, 2015 02:16:23 pm
      You want to blame someone blame the management put in place for lacking competency.

But the Owners (FSG) put that Management in place, from the Board down to Brendan and it's only the Owners (FSG) who can remove them for being incompetent. 

So does that make the Owners (FSG) incompetent for not realising they're incompetent and getting rid or do they believe they're actually doing a very good job?

If they (FSG) believe they're doing a good job, surely that means they're happy with us not winning stuff?
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #16481: Apr 05, 2015 02:16:56 pm
      Where did I blame it all on Rodgers? I said management that includes Rodgers. You can't sack yourself if you own a company d'uh

You meant Rodgers, so have the balls to admit it. John Henry is quick to sack others for their failure at the club; perhaps he should look in the mirror and decide he isn't the right man to be making these decisions.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16482: Apr 05, 2015 02:19:42 pm

exactly, the more successful a club is the more money it makes, hence increased capacity etc
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #16483: Apr 05, 2015 02:29:55 pm
      But the Owners (FSG) put that Management in place, from the Board down to Brendan and it's only the Owners (FSG) who can remove them for being incompetent. 

So does that make the Owners (FSG) incompetent for not realising they're incompetent and getting rid or do they believe they're actually doing a very good job?

If they (FSG) believe they're doing a good job, surely that means they're happy with us not winning stuff?

Do you really think that the owners are happy with the way the season went? Does anyone really believe that? Of course they will demand answers by the end of the season, the same way they did with Kenny Dalglish when he had a poor run in the league (even though it was a rash decision to sack him in the first place). A lot of fans are blaming FSG for our inability to get results on the pitch, that's not their problem, if we still had money problems and our revenues are not experiencing any growth then in this case there is a problem with the owners, but it's not the case. We are back in the top 10 rich list because of our owners. We also solved financial issues, lowered our debts and increased our returns and profit margins annually. To me that shows as a Club, Liverpool is financially secure more than ever and our darkest days (off the field) are 95% over, credit to the new owners for bringing us to that level, and like any other top club owners they want to win things and challenge for honors but with the resources they have at their disposal. For a strategy to take effect you need time, it takes more than 2 or 3 years to see changes, even on the way you make decisions to change things. Yes they have hired Rodgers, he fit their ideal candidate, nothing wrong with that, he might not be the man after all and they might change their ideal candidate profile and hire someone else.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #16484: Apr 05, 2015 02:32:04 pm
      You meant Rodgers, so have the balls to admit it. John Henry is quick to sack others for their failure at the club; perhaps he should look in the mirror and decide he isn't the right man to be making these decisions.

No I didn't mean Rodgers, stop making assumptions and twisting my words. Yes, John Henry made money of off bad decisions in his life, his net worth is 1 billion USD because of making bad decisions and not knowing how to run a company.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16485: Apr 05, 2015 02:36:32 pm
      Do you really think that the owners are happy with the way the season went? Does anyone really believe that? Of course they will demand answers by the end of the season, the same way they did with Kenny Dalglish when he had a poor run in the league (even though it was a rash decision to sack him in the first place). A lot of fans are blaming FSG for our inability to get results on the pitch, that's not their problem, if we still had money problems and our revenues are not experiencing any growth then in this case there is a problem with the owners, but it's not the case. We are back in the top 10 rich list because of our owners. We also solved financial issues, lowered our debts and increased our returns and profit margins annually. To me that shows as a Club, Liverpool is financially secure more than ever and our darkest days (off the field) are 95% over, credit to the new owners for bringing us to that level, and like any other top club owners they want to win things and challenge for honors but with the resources they have at their disposal. For a strategy to take effect you need time, it takes more than 2 or 3 years to see changes, even on the way you make decisions to change things. Yes they have hired Rodgers, he fit their ideal candidate, nothing wrong with that, he might not be the man after all and they might change their ideal candidate profile and hire someone else.

I agree it takes more than 2-3 years, I've just posted as much in Brendans thread.  I also don't dispute that financially we're in a much better position but it remains to be seen if this increased wealth is reflected in our recruitment strategy in the future.

We'll see come the summer though where thinking lies.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #16486: Apr 05, 2015 02:43:42 pm
      No I didn't mean Rodgers, stop making assumptions and twisting my words. Yes, John Henry made money of off bad decisions in his life, his net worth is 1 billion USD because of making bad decisions and not knowing how to run a company.

It's not a  "company": it's a famous football club that means a lot to millions of people.

And it has already been pointed out that John Henry can make a nice financial profit on Liverpool even if we keep finishing outside the top 4. That's the whole point that you're in denial about: financial success for him doesn't require big trophies for the club and supporters.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16487: Apr 05, 2015 02:51:10 pm
      I don't know fella... buying a club for buttons and watching it's value grow (without having to use any of your own money... thanks to FFP), as lucrative TV deals pile in, "maximises the value of the club" too but [here's the important bit]...
      WITHOUT ANY FINANCIAL RISK.  ;)
      Check out what Mr John had to say about what attracted him to LFC, untapped global markets, t.v. deals FFP and what sealed the 'deal'... It might help.  8)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16488: Apr 05, 2015 02:52:25 pm
      I'm trying to find if FSG have raised capital through their owners or using internal funds. However, I prefer using club's money to raise capital instead of raising debts.
      FSG are loaning the club monies, 'interest free' it might be but it does obviously require repaying, more to the point that arrangement does negate the hand in the pocket scenario for JWH & Co.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16489: Apr 05, 2015 02:55:38 pm
      People are severely deluded if they think a club with top 4/6/8 ambitions are the avenue for riches.

We made top four, got the most tv money in the league and made CL and how much did we have to show for it? <£1 million.

The club needs to win to make money. And the club won't win with the only cancer at the club being the people identifying the talent - not the ones signing the cheques.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #16490: Apr 05, 2015 02:57:46 pm
      I don't know fella... buying a club for buttons and watching it's value grow (without having to use any of your own money... thanks to FFP), as lucrative TV deals pile in, "maximises the value of the club" too but [here's the important bit]...
      WITHOUT ANY FINANCIAL RISK.  ;)
      Check out what Mr John had to say about what attracted him to LFC, untapped global markets, t.v. deals FFP and what sealed the 'deal'... It might help.  8)

There is Financial risk though, that's why the debts still exist, not as much as before however.

Quick Reply