Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)

Read 11151 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
      Apr 12, 2011 06:29:43 pm
      Liverpool to Battle Manchester United for £30M Welsh Wing Wizard

http://www.nesn.com/2011/04/report-liverpool-interested-in-signing-gareth-bale-spurs-would-consider-30-million-plus-bids.html

With Spurs 2010-11 Champions League adventure looking likely to come to an end at the hands of Real Madrid, and with Manchester City maintaining the upper hand in the race for final English spot in next year's UCL, the powers that be at White Hart Lane are likely to be faced with the reality of reduced revenues.

Selling players may be their only recourse, and they have no more valuable asset than 21-year-old phenom Gareth Bale. Earlier this year, Bale was deemed completely untouchable, though Harry Redknapp recently softened his stance to "accept an £80 million super-bid."

Now, according to the Sunday Express, Spurs would consider bids of over £30 million, and both Manchester United and Liverpool are interested. Bale joined Spurs in 2007 when Damien Comolli, current director of football at Anfield, held that same post at White Hart Lane.

The Reds are widely believed to be looking to add width in the summer, and there may be few players in the world as capable in that regard as Bale. The Wales international, however, did recently sign a new deal with Spurs that would keep him under contract until 2015.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
      Reply #1: Apr 12, 2011 06:31:32 pm
      Have to say, this is about as much rubbish as I've seen. Can't see Bale coming to Liverpool didnt he make degoratary remarks about Liverpool people in the past and at the moment they are ahead of us
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: Apr 12, 2011 06:37:36 pm
      Really? I'd love to see him here.

Saying that, has to be complete bullshit.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #3: Apr 12, 2011 06:40:36 pm
      Also think it's basically impossible, I think he'll go abroad to be honest, a big offer from Spain seems the most likely destination, Inter are big admirers, as were Milan and Roma in the past, Mancs were also chasing him in the past and are still interested so there's a possibility and that leaves only Chelsea and City with enough financial backing although I don't think he'd go there.

From a personal point of view there's basically no one I'd rather have here, (Messi and the like aside) such a huge admirer of his, has such incredible potential for a twenty one year old. Up untill his injuries struck he was one of the most in form wingers in the world.

Here's what El Mundo a Spanish Newspaper said about him: "Bale combines the height and build of an 800-metre runner like Steve Ovett with the acceleration and directness of a rugby winger like Bryan Habana. And, when he gets to the byline, he delivers curling crosses like a Brazilian."

Have to say, this is about as much rubbish as I've seen. Can't see Bale coming to Liverpool didnt he make degoratary remarks about Liverpool people in the past and at the moment they are ahead of us
      Really? Any idea what he said? I had no idea.

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011 06:46:38 pm by StevieG-force »
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #4: Apr 12, 2011 06:44:54 pm
      was gunna post this yesterday but can't see it happening so i thougt there's no point puting it on here would be nice tho
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Apr 12, 2011 06:47:56 pm
      I would love to have him here because he's still only 21 and would be a good addition to the team.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #6: Apr 12, 2011 06:51:27 pm
      Am I the only one that wouldn't like him here?? I dunno, I just think he has a 'Man United aura' to him. I don't rate him as one of the best players in the world either. Hell, if I had pace like him I'd just lump it and chase after it like he does. A lot.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #7: Apr 12, 2011 06:57:12 pm
      Am I the only one that wouldn't like him here?? I dunno, I just think he has a 'Man United aura' to him. I don't rate him as one of the best players in the world either. Hell, if I had pace like him I'd just lump it and chase after it like he does. A lot.

Think you're being incredibly harsh there, he's not a one dimensional player in the least, very skillful, technically proficient on either foot, a lethal finisher, one of the best crosses in the league as well as having a huge amount of stamina. Got all the attributes a winger could want.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #8: Apr 12, 2011 06:59:19 pm
      Think you're being incredibly harsh there, he's not a one dimensional player in the least, very skillful, technically proficient on either foot, a lethal finisher, one of the best crosses in the league as well as having a huge amount of stamina. Got all the attributes a winger could want.

Were you saying that last season?

Don't forget it took Spurs almost 3 years to win a league game with him starting in the side.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #9: Apr 12, 2011 07:00:35 pm

Not just pace that makes him special. Its his pin point crosses and goals.

I think Bale is a quality player and I can't think of a player who would be a better supplier for Carroll then Bale.

If he does leave he'll go to champions league club IMO. If he didn't want champions league he would stay at Spurs (unless they qualify).

Although for the price tag that's been mentioned for him I would much rather get Sanchez for a similar amount.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #10: Apr 12, 2011 07:03:48 pm

Well given that I watched him at Southampton and for Wales on several occasions before he even joined Spurs, yes I suppose I was, saw a lot of those qualities when he was playing left back and thought he was unfairly treated by Redknapp when he first took over.

Just think you saying that he lumps the ball and chases it is incredibly short sighted, got a lot more to him than that.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Apr 12, 2011 07:07:52 pm
      This aint happening so no point arguing
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #12: Apr 12, 2011 07:10:49 pm

Kind of agree mate.

I feel while he is a good player he is vastly over rated and there are more creative options available.

Not even close to being one of the best players in the world. Not even the best player at Spurs in my opinion.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Apr 12, 2011 07:12:28 pm
      Not even close to being one of the best players in the world. Not even the best player at Spurs in my opinion.

Luka F***ing Modric is spectacular.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #14: Apr 12, 2011 07:13:14 pm
      I know there is more to his game, just not jumping on the bandwagon of him being the best in the world.

As corbally said, it's never gonna happen
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #15: Apr 12, 2011 07:16:52 pm
      Luka F***ing Modric is spectacular.

That's the one!!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Apr 12, 2011 07:21:11 pm
      I know there is more to his game, just not jumping on the bandwagon of him being the best in the world.

As corbally said, it's never gonna happen

I'm inclined to agree on both statements. He's a top winger, but what has he done in the league this season? I know he had those two magical games against Inter where he made mince meat of Maicon, but I feel like his form has somewhat dipped this season. I know he's been hurt, but I do feel his rep was gained in large part due to 2 games.

Last season, however, he was spectacular. Just haven't seen it as much in the league this year.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #17: Apr 12, 2011 07:31:39 pm
      Very overrated.

I'd still have him hear in a heartbeat fits in perfectly to the NESV plan !! 
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #18: Apr 12, 2011 08:38:43 pm
      Well he,s good but not F***ing world class as people reckon,and im sorry harry 80mill F**k off lad ang give your head a wobble :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Apr 12, 2011 08:52:25 pm
      I think Modric is a wonderful talent but he's very overrated too. I don't rate him as world class. He does not dictate the game as well as it's said IMO and is not as decisive as a player of his supposed stature should be. That said, I would love to have someone like him in our midfield, great passing and creativity.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #20: Apr 12, 2011 09:09:27 pm
      I have a feeling we'll put a cheeky bid in for him, dont know why i just have that feeling.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #21: Apr 12, 2011 09:14:02 pm
      Actually, I echo kevinho's post.

He was brilliant against Inter Milan in both legs and other than his brace against Stoke where he scored that spectacular volley, I am yet to see him contribute more.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #22: Apr 12, 2011 10:00:33 pm
      I wouldn't mind him, but for the same price as Sanchez, I would take Sanchez.

Quick Reply