Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 730895 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3358: Mar 16, 2015 10:26:16 pm
      well I think it was pretty terrible.  maybe your standards have just dropped.  If he were at Villa maybe it would just be a "poor" performance.  but this is Liverpool Football Club and we're trying to get back into the CL.  so our standards should be pretty damn high.

We are yes

And he is playing a big part in us doing so

Good luck.. Enjoy the football, in your own way

I wan't singling him out mate I posted at half time that I thought Hendo, Reheem, Lallana and Sturridge were awful in the first half. I truly believe they were. They all improved considerably in the second but overall like Lallana's it was just an average overall performance from Hendo.

I know you weren't Baz

And I'm not saying he was good, I was simply questioning the use of the word terrible by the resident doom monger

MsGerrard
      Reply #3359: Mar 16, 2015 11:24:50 pm
      He took the game by the scruff of the neck in that second half after a poor performance by all the team ( apart from migs ) and led us to victory, I think Carra called him brave  :)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3360: Mar 17, 2015 02:52:25 am
      Such a vital goal... good man Hendo
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3361: Mar 17, 2015 07:12:34 am
      Is that 3 from his last 3 EPL matches?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #3362: Mar 17, 2015 08:15:24 am
      Persistence that's what he showed tonight mate. A very poor performance by his standards but he still came up with the goods through sheer persistence.

And a little slice of luck ;)
      Thats my kind of player,newer give up and play with some balls.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3363: Mar 17, 2015 04:29:59 pm
      right desire to get into the box a few others could learn a thing or two from Jordan if they want 100k a week
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #3364: Apr 04, 2015 04:44:10 pm
      I think in his heart Henderson doesn't want the expectation and pressure of being captain. He isn't a natural leader. Even Emre Can, who barely speaks the language, shows more natural leadership.

For me Henderson should not be captain next season. Lucas or Sakho would be my preference.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #3365: Apr 04, 2015 04:49:48 pm
      I think in his heart Henderson doesn't want the expectation and pressure of being captain. He isn't a natural leader. Even Emre Can, who barely speaks the language, shows more natural leadership.

For me Henderson should not be captain next season. Lucas or Sakho would be my preference.

Genuinely don't get where you're coming from. The one thing he consistently shows is leadership. Right down to having the minerals to take the penalty today.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #3366: Apr 04, 2015 04:57:02 pm
      Genuinely don't get where you're coming from. The one thing he consistently shows is leadership. Right down to having the minerals to take the penalty today.

He was invisible in the last two games - the two most important of our season. That isn't leadership.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #3367: Apr 04, 2015 05:07:14 pm
      He was invisible in the last two games - the two most important of our season. That isn't leadership.

Well just by being invisible he's amongst our better performers then!

Played out of position today - nobody knows why - and coming off a good run of form.

Don't let let the facts get in the way though.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #3368: Apr 04, 2015 05:12:55 pm
      Well just by being invisible he's amongst our better performers then!

Played out of position today - nobody knows why - and coming off a good run of form.

Don't let let the facts get in the way though.

Good run of form until the pressure was at its very highest against Utd and Arsenal when he went missing. If your captain goes missing in those vital matches, then you have a problem.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3369: Apr 04, 2015 05:18:50 pm
      You can't pick out individuals when the whole team have been shocking for the past 2 games.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #3370: Apr 04, 2015 05:45:26 pm
      Disappointed to hear the boss played him out of position today.

Thought those days were gone.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #3371: Apr 04, 2015 06:00:38 pm
      Good run of form until the pressure was at its very highest against Utd and Arsenal when he went missing. If your captain goes missing in those vital matches, then you have a problem.

Outstanding in the Citeh game though.....when that was the biggest game of the season.

Picking on him after last two games is nonsense.

You clearly don't rate him - that's fine but don't make out he's been "the" issue.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #3372: Apr 04, 2015 09:03:37 pm
      Disappointed to hear the boss played him out of position today.

Thought those days were gone.

He's been played out of position before.

My bigger issue with him today was his leadership....pretty much non-existant.

Don't know that he's cut out to be our future captain.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #3373: Apr 04, 2015 10:20:33 pm
      He's been played out of position before.

Really? Must have missed that. :f_tongueincheek:

As I said mate I thought those days were over and that now Jordan had established himself as a centre mid and captain of the side Brendan wouldn't shift him around the side.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3374: Apr 04, 2015 10:55:46 pm
      As I said mate I thought those days were over and that now Jordan had established himself as a centre mid and captain of the side Brendan wouldn't shift him around the side.

We all thought those days were gone. The question is, why can we see this and Rodgers doesn't? I just don't understand.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #3375: Apr 04, 2015 11:00:02 pm
      We all thought those days were gone. The question is, why can we see this and Rodgers doesn't? I just don't understand.

I'm at a bit of a loss on this one mate.

Johnson.
      Manquillo.
      Markovic.

Three players who could have played there yet we move our captain out of his best position.

Bizarre.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3376: Apr 04, 2015 11:58:00 pm
      Pointless him even being on the pitch when he's played out of position. Need to play to his strengths, not against them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #3377: Apr 05, 2015 12:08:49 am
      My point is that he's played out of position before and done fine. I think he just had a poor game today. I'm more concerned with what I perceive as a lack of leadership. He just doesn't seem to be captain material yet. Maybe he will down the road.

Gerrard was played out of position for much  of last year but he was able to make it work and he carried on captaining the side as he always had.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #3378: Apr 05, 2015 12:12:06 am
      My point is that he's played out of position before and done fine. I think he just had a poor game today. I'm more concerned with what I perceive as a lack of leadership. He just doesn't seem to be captain material yet. Maybe he will down the road.

If the man I have as captain finds his bets form in his natural position then it would take something massive for me to move him FL.

Brendan moved him when we didn't need to.

Gerrard was played out of position for much  of last year but he was able to make it work and he carried on captaining the side as he always had.

Stevie see's himself as a centre mid. Always has and always will so he was playing very much in his best position last season. Where he likes to play.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #3379: Apr 05, 2015 12:15:50 am
      If the man I have as captain finds his bets form in his natural position then it would take something massive for me to move him FL.

Brendan moved him when we didn't need to.
      Brendan obviously thought he had no better option, I highly doubt he would just move players around for the hell of it. But maybe you are right and that's exactly what he's done.....if that's the case, I suppose it's time for Brendan to consider another profession.

Stevie see's himself as a centre mid. Always has and always will so he was playing very much in his best position last season. Where he likes to play.

I was under the impression he played as a DM most of last year. Guess I have misspoke.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3380: Apr 05, 2015 12:57:13 am
      Brendan obviously thought he had no better option, I highly doubt he would just move players around for the hell of it. But maybe you are right and that's exactly what he's done.....if that's the case, I suppose it's time for Brendan to consider another profession.

Brendan thought he had no better option, but it was wrong, and has always been wrong playing him as a right sided player in my opinion. And rather than considering another profession, he really needs to learn from his mistakes :)

Quick Reply