Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Picture evidence that Suarez DID offer to shake Evra's hand

Read 26380 times
      franfieldeire
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: Picture evidence that Suarez DID offer to shake Evra's hand
      Reply #46: Feb 11, 2012 09:53:58 pm
      Newbie here but it took tody's awful events to bring meout. Let's be honest folks. No matter what LFC or KK or Suarez say or do it'll be ignored. Luis is branded & the media will hound him until he leaves of John Henry sorts it by selling him. Don't forget media have never been on our side - EVER. So don't be surprised by tomorrow's papers. We live in hope that Phil Dowd will do the decent thing & report the cheat. At least it wasn't Webb ! Don't ever forget YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2012 10:36:42 pm by JD »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #47: Feb 11, 2012 09:54:16 pm
      It's the sensational headline rather than the truth, why should they care about the truth this sells more, the truth is a casualty of media greed, scum the lot of them.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #48: Feb 11, 2012 09:56:03 pm

Did Luis shake the Milky bar Kid's hand (bottom right of pic)?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #49: Feb 11, 2012 09:56:13 pm
      According to lads on twitter Suarez is being slatted in the press tomorrow trying to drive him out, we have to gather around him
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #50: Feb 11, 2012 10:00:57 pm
      I like how the press dont like to consider that for Luis not to shake his hand isnt the fact that it has a racist backgorund but that he doesnt respect him for dragging his name in the dirt and his story was based on lies...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #51: Feb 11, 2012 10:10:20 pm
      The answer is......don't buy the fuckers papers!!!
      danielevans
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts | -4 
      Reply #52: Feb 11, 2012 10:15:14 pm
      I'm not sure if anyones mentioned it allready but during Kennys post match interview i believe to have heard people chanting racist b***ard in the nearby backdrop anything to this... Manc players???
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #53: Feb 11, 2012 10:16:01 pm
      I'm not sure if anyones mentioned it allready but during Kennys post match interview i believe to have heard people chanting racist b***ard in the nearby backdrop anything to this... Manc players???

Fans i would guess still in the ground.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #54: Feb 11, 2012 10:17:33 pm
      As boring as F**k as this 'did he/didnt he' argument is - I don't think either of them wanted to shake each others hand.  Evra definitely withdrew his hand as if to say to Suarez - you work hard for my handshake.  Suarez clearly couldn't be arsed so carried on - then Evra goes for a pointless grab.

Like I said before, Evra's actions following that to after the very final whistle summed him up as a character.  He's well suited for Man Utd..
      danielevans
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts | -4 
      Reply #55: Feb 11, 2012 10:18:52 pm
      It was a good while after the final whistle so only Liverpool fans where left behind??
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #56: Feb 11, 2012 10:21:30 pm
      I don't know what Suarez's intentions are and I don't care and nor should the world. I know that if I were in his position I wouldn't even acknowledge him as a human being. If the media wants to make a big deal out of it (which they obviously will and they'll obviously favor the mancs and their dirty scum of a player) then so be it.

We are Liverpool Football Club, we are bigger than any newspaper, website, player, or manager and as long as Suarez knows that it's all that matters.

Benching him, the club suspending him, selling him in the summer is all that evra, ferguson, and the manc scum want and we should do everything in our power to make sure that none of that happens.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #57: Feb 11, 2012 10:23:50 pm
      Thinking of it, if someone had done something to me that ruined my reputation and I still stand by the fact that I'm innocent, I wouldn't shake his hand either.

If Luis didn't want to shake his hand, he probably knows something we don't, that he still thinks he's the innocent party.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #58: Feb 11, 2012 10:29:21 pm
      He didnt shake his hand so F***ing what?if some gobs***e accused me of been a racist i wouldnt shake his hand either, in fact i wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #59: Feb 11, 2012 10:30:19 pm
      As much as I agree with not shaking hands, it would have been so much easier to just do it. Who gives a F**k its a hand shake, you don't have to want to do it, you don't have to have any feeling of friendship or whatever by doing it, but do we really need to make it worst for ourselves?

Let Evra be the pr**k, as everyone saw at the end.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #60: Feb 11, 2012 10:45:31 pm
      It was a good while after the final whistle so only Liverpool fans where left behind??

Doesn't mean that it's live, it was right after the game and they'll be fans that are just over the tunnel.

And on the subject of shaking hands:

Keane and Viera fight in the tunnel

Roy Carroll and Scholes ignore Viera's handshake.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #61: Feb 11, 2012 11:27:04 pm
      just watched snatch of the day to see the expert opinion !

hanged, drawn and quartered all round ?

no handshake by him? no mention of the united players who followed suit

evra celebration, not much to comment on !

bullsh*t

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Discussion
      Reply #62: Feb 12, 2012 12:10:38 am

Evra's hand was at a consistent height when he shook the hands of the players before Suarez but lowered when Suarez approached.

Suarez's hand was at a consistent height throughout the whole line up, meaning he was probably going to shake. It was there for the taking (i mean, wouldn't it be ridiculous if Suarez HAD TO move his hand to EVra's just for a shake? Also tells alot about Evra if he is hoping Suarez moved his hand towards his), but Evra didn't raise his hand.

Then Suarez assumes Evra doesn't want a shake as he lowered his hand so he just moves on and Evra makes it look like Suarez is the one who refused by pulling our Little Uruguay by the arm.
      i_come_in_peace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #63: Feb 12, 2012 12:21:36 am
      I am a spurs fan and I often come on here to have a read etc, I have always liked Liverpool because I grew up when they were the best, they played great football and were probably most people's "second" team. I have registered because I want to understand something about the way that Liverpool fans have reacted over the Suarez episode because in all honesty I just don't get it at all?

I can understand that as passionate football fans we want to protect our own, we see a dive when our opponents see a blatant foul etc, our love for our team makes us all a bit biased to say the least. But from an outsider's point of view, an outsider with no bias one way or the other, I simply cannot understand the way that Liverpool as a club, Dalglish as a manager, or Liverpool supporters have reacted to this. So if somebody would be so kind as to indulge me by answering a couple of questions I would be grateful;

Do Liverpool fans feel that Suarez didn't say anything to Evra and that he made it up, or, is it that they accept what he said but don't think it was intended to be racist?

Do Liverpool fans think there is absolutely no possibility whatsoever that Suarez did say something racist to Evra and that as such he deserved to be banned for it?

To me, the footage clearly shows that Suarez had no intention whatsoever of shaking Evra's hand. Whether that is right or wrong is another question, but to me it is clear. It also shows that although Evra does make some attempt to make his hand available, he clearly doesn't want to shake Suarez's hand and is probably hoping that he can cause a fuss. Why does everybody in this thread see it so differently?

This is a genuine post, not a wind up, not a gloating spurs fan, I really can't understand why a great club, with a great set of fans, has decided to ruin the image of their club so badly.

LFCexiled
      Reply #64: Feb 12, 2012 12:30:53 am
      Evra's hand was at a consistent height when he shook the hands of the players before Suarez but lowered when Suarez approached.

Suarez's hand was at a consistent height throughout the whole line up, meaning he was probably going to shake. It was there for the taking (i mean, wouldn't it be ridiculous if Suarez HAD TO move his hand to EVra's just for a shake? Also tells alot about Evra if he is hoping Suarez moved his hand towards his), but Evra didn't raise his hand.

Then Suarez assumes Evra doesn't want a shake as he lowered his hand so he just moves on and Evra makes it look like Suarez is the one who refused by pulling our Little Uruguay by the arm.

Yup, confusing ain't it?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #65: Feb 12, 2012 12:38:13 am
      To me, the footage clearly shows that Suarez had no intention whatsoever of shaking Evra's hand. Whether that is right or wrong is another question, but to me it is clear. It also shows that although Evra does make some attempt to make his hand available, he clearly doesn't want to shake Suarez's hand and is probably hoping that he can cause a fuss. Why does everybody in this thread see it so differently?

I'm fairly sure I made the point that neither of them wanted to shake each others hand.

As for your earlier points, and I'll be prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt on the WUM thing, Liverpool fans think in general that Suarez is not a racist and was subject to something of a stitch up that wouldn't have stood up in an actual court.

Now, if someone had committed an offence, then you would think they would be more likely to have admitted it and shook someones hand a few months on to draw a line under things. 

The fact that he didn't - in my personal opinion - confirms that he feels he has been falsely demonised by Patrice Evra.  Under those circumstances, I don't think anybody reading this would shake someone's hand who had falsely accused them of something and attempted to destroy their career.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #66: Feb 12, 2012 12:47:07 am
      I am a spurs fan and I often come on here to have a read etc, I have always liked Liverpool because I grew up when they were the best, they played great football and were probably most people's "second" team. I have registered because I want to understand something about the way that Liverpool fans have reacted over the Suarez episode because in all honesty I just don't get it at all?

I can understand that as passionate football fans we want to protect our own, we see a dive when our opponents see a blatant foul etc, our love for our team makes us all a bit biased to say the least. But from an outsider's point of view, an outsider with no bias one way or the other, I simply cannot understand the way that Liverpool as a club, Dalglish as a manager, or Liverpool supporters have reacted to this. So if somebody would be so kind as to indulge me by answering a couple of questions I would be grateful;

Do Liverpool fans feel that Suarez didn't say anything to Evra and that he made it up, or, is it that they accept what he said but don't think it was intended to be racist?

Do Liverpool fans think there is absolutely no possibility whatsoever that Suarez did say something racist to Evra and that as such he deserved to be banned for it?

This is a genuine post, not a wind up, not a gloating spurs fan, I really can't understand why a great club, with a great set of fans, has decided to ruin the image of their club so badly.

There are entire threads on this topic so I'll keep it simple. Evra claimed Suarez told him (in spanish) that he fouled him because he's black and that he doesn't talk to black people. Those are complete and utter lies. If you look at the tape Evra's reactions do not befit such statements and even Evra's own conversations with other players and the ref on the field do not support those claims. I believe that Suarez used the word "negro" in the context he explained to the FA, as a descriptor in response to being called a South American, and that it was an innocent usage (which the FA's linguistic experts agreed was the case if Suarez is to be believed). Evra was frustrated throughout the games, heard Suarez call him negro, took it the wrong way and then exaggerated a story that was meant to destroy Suarez.

There is ZERO, I repeat ZERO, concrete evidence to support Evra's claims. It comes down to who you believe. I choose to believe Suarez because he has no history of racism, has a black grandfather, and has worked on anti-racism campaigns. I choose to not believe Evra because this is the THIRD time he has accused someone of racial abuse. He struck out twice before, I don't see how this time should have been any different but for the FA having an axe to grind with Sepp Blatter and the tribunal being tainted by Manchester United interests.

As I've said previously, the footage to me shows Evra pull his hand back when Suarez comes to him. Suarez hand is where it should be for a hand shake. Evra's is conspicuously drawn away. THEN Evra waits for Suarez to move on before suddenly lifting his hand and feigning outrage. He looks right at the camera and makes a scene, just like he made a scene in the tunnel and just like he made a scene after the game ended. His actions consistently point to creating trouble. Pay attention to Suarez' reaction to Ferdinand refusing his hand. It is the same as how he reacted to Evra, he simply sweeps his hand along to the left and continues down the line.

You can see it how you want, but that's how I see it.
      i_come_in_peace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #67: Feb 12, 2012 12:54:25 am
      I'm fairly sure I made the point that neither of them wanted to shake each others hand.

As for your earlier points, and I'll be prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt on the WUM thing, Liverpool fans think in general that Suarez is not a racist and was subject to something of a stitch up that wouldn't have stood up in an actual court.

Now, if someone had committed an offence, then you would think they would be more likely to have admitted it and shook someones hand a few months on to draw a line under things. 

The fact that he didn't - in my personal opinion - confirms that he feels he has been falsely demonised by Patrice Evra.  Under those circumstances, I don't think anybody reading this would shake someone's hand who had falsely accused them of something and attempted to destroy their career.

I can see the point you are trying to make in the sense that Suarez clearly feels aggrieved, but that in no way provides evidence one way or the other. It could be that he feels that way because he doesn't consider himself a racist in the typical sense of the word and by default that what he said was not racist, but again, it doesn't mean that what he said wasn't in fact racist.

As far as him being stitched up, that is of course possible, but it is equally possible that he said something racist. It isn't really the ins and outs that is my point, it is the fact that no Liverpool fan is even prepared to entertain the possibility that Suarez said something that could be viewed as racially offensive and  should have been punished.

My first cousin is Cyrille Regis, I can remember him having bananas thrown at him and the reason it happened was not because the stadiums were full of "racists" it was because at that time it was considered acceptable to do that. My concern over this is that Liverpool's refusal to even entertain the possibility of Suarez's guilt has already brought some of that behaviour out of the woodwork and could perhaps lead to worse. For the record, I don't think that Suarez is a racist at all, I do think he said something he shouldn't, and I do think he should have been punished for it. I also think that the way that Liverpool has handled it has made the situation worse. However, I came on to this forum to find out why, I wasn't there, I never heard what was said and I have only formed my opinion based on media reporting, but the strength of feeling in Liverpool makes me think that there must be some evidence that points to Suarez being innocent?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #68: Feb 12, 2012 01:01:00 am

It's how we see things, to me Evra is shaking hands then drops his when Suarez approaches, Suarez puts his hand out sees Evra drop his and carries on to De Gea. But why should Suarez shake Evra's hand, if Suarez thinks Evra is a lying c**t.

Do you honestly think Harry has never taken a bung or made cash through a signing, well he was found not guilty by a proper court, unlike Suarez, who if he did racially abuse Evra, should of been dealt with by a proper court, much like John Terry, rather than a Kangaroo court led by a bunch of incompetent tw*ts who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery!

And why, because we believe in Luis 100 per cent.

Quick Reply