Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3046389 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #20654: Nov 23, 2014 09:15:48 pm
      only way he going keep his job is get top 4, pressure on him now
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #20655: Nov 23, 2014 09:19:23 pm
      the same klopp that guided dortmund to 2 titles, ucl final, 1 cup and 2 supercups while playing attractive football while top players left the club and alot of first team players got injured ... this season is an accident, even though in ucl he has max points from 4 games, i bet that in the league he'll manage to finish in top 3 afterall

Top three...there's ambition for you, I thought the point of our club was to win titles. Klopp can't fix what's wrong with our team right now. He can't even fix his own team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20656: Nov 23, 2014 09:25:51 pm
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #20657: Nov 23, 2014 09:27:36 pm
      Top three...there's ambition for you, I thought the point of our club was to win titles. Klopp can't fix what's wrong with our team right now. He can't even fix his own team.

i was refering to finishing with dortmund in top 3 this season .

he is a proven manager who won titles on very adverse conditions, he's miles better than brendan who hasn't won anything in management even though last season he had all conditions in his favour, so stop judging klopp just because his team after 4 great years has a hiccup in this moment
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #20658: Nov 23, 2014 09:27:40 pm
      It truly is the time for the manager to show his metal isn't it. And I agree he looked pretty broken after today's match although I was encouraged not to hear him say that we had played well,  dominated the game etc when we hadn't, as he has done on a few occasions this season. The most obvious thing to do in this situation is to go back to basics, be difficult to beat, be compact, don't over commit, play in the break etc I think he has been trying some of that, he alluded to it in the post match and I have noticed some changes in our play but the biggest worry for me is i'm not sure Brendan can really coach defence. It'a always been about having this way of playing, a philosophy but the philosophy doesn't work right now because we don't have the players to make it happen. I've never really heard him talk in any details when it comes to defending and defensive mistakes. He will talk in detail about pressing the ball, about being aggressive from a defensive point of view. He talks about giving away bad goals but I get the impression he isn't a man who focuses on the fundamentals.

Pardew has turned things around at Newcastle and at close of play yesterday they were sitting in the top 4 BUT they have done it by shoring up the defence, I don't think they can have conceded more than one goal in the 5-6 match run they are currently on.

I'm afraid I do not have much faith in Brendan doing the same if i'm honest. I suspect he needs a transfer window and new striker to get us out of this rutt but there are a lot of games to play between now and then.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 09:38:22 pm by Scottbot »
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #20659: Nov 23, 2014 09:28:55 pm
      He's been sussed out week in week out this season by every manager he's come across and it's getting beyond the joke.
      He's ran out of ideas, he's tried so many different formations since august no wonder the players haven't got a F***ing clue what they're supposed to be doing..
      We're getting a different pair of full backs every week.. a different pair up front , different centre halves , crazy substitutions, he's lost the plot..
      I mean, what the F**k did he see in paying £20m each for Markovic & Moreno and redeem them not good enough to play in a game like that today..
      Manquillio was our ONLY route down the right wing today which was a joke..
      he's still trying to install his Swansea city tactics onto the best club the world and it's all crumbling down around him..
      He simply has to get it right in Bulgaria on Wednesday or the writing will be on the wall for him and his coaching team..
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #20660: Nov 23, 2014 09:29:16 pm
      I have learnt a lot from these boards .. seriously. There are points that keep coming up and BR needs to address them. Firstly, I must say losing Sturridge and Suarez has completely f*cked us in the short term; however I think
      Gerrard cannot play DM/quarterback or whatever that role is. I am a big Lucas fan and I can't understand why he isn't in there or even Can. We need a system up front that works. Balotelli is not part of it, Lambert was a plan B. It's beginning to look like SAS was just making it up as they went. More likely we were suspect defensively last year too but SAS masked that by putting pressure on the opposition and scoring goals.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #20661: Nov 23, 2014 09:29:28 pm
      He doesn't know how to sign the RIGHT players, it's as simple as that.

75m from the transfer of Suarez and not one good player we have signed so far.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #20662: Nov 23, 2014 09:30:15 pm
      I support Brendan even if we finish 10th this season. Got to feel the simpathy for him as he llost 2 main players this season. With Sturridge this would look so much better. It's not so much managers fault as the pllayers are playing like little whining b*****s. No aggresion and desire to win the match at all...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20663: Nov 23, 2014 09:31:56 pm
      don't think you should disregard Jamie that's a bit off.
      He told the truth if you don't like it that's one thing but don't shoot the messenger he didn't say anything that we didn't already know.This team has no fight no desire and no future.
      What happens next is really all about Brendan and how he can get a team out that will actually fight for him and the club because we have had 1 good performance all season

I've no problem with Jamie, or anyone expressing their opinion - just not going to give it any more weight than any other media head like Neville, Smith etc.  That's all. He works for Sky now, not LFC - and it's LFC need to sort this out.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20664: Nov 23, 2014 09:34:25 pm
      Felt awful for the gaffer watching his post match stuff. He looked wounded and hurt and no wonder the team are a shower right now and his heads on the line.

Oh P-lease.
      NOT  the "poor Brendan" sympathy vote.

Not for the man with the dossier who was going to change the world.
      Not for the man who wanted total control over everything .
      Not for the man who went from 12 grand a week with Swansea to 100  grand a week with us.

Isn't this what he gets paid for ?

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20665: Nov 23, 2014 09:35:37 pm
      I've no problem with Jamie, or anyone expressing their opinion - just not going to give it any more weight than any other media head like Neville, Smith etc.  That's all. He works for Sky now, not LFC - and it's LFC need to sort this out.

I think the club means far more to him than it does you.
      If Brendan hadn't of benched him and then had to bring him back maybe he might have stayed on and he also had the opportunity of asking him to join the coaching staff.Sky or not he has earned the right to be listened too
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20666: Nov 23, 2014 09:38:29 pm

The worst thing for Rodgers at the moment is discontent is starting to brew in the fan base, might only be the forums, twitter, phone ins etc at the moment, but they usually manifest there way on to the terraces if there's not a sharp upturn in fortunes.

Completely agree, big worry for him. Not sure what that says about us as a fanbase, but that's the reality.
      Once the tide starts turning, can be hard. Not at critical mass yet, but given current reaction don't think it'll take too many more of these results - then it's over the FSG and testing their resolve.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20667: Nov 23, 2014 09:38:37 pm
      If Brendan hadn't of benched him and then had to bring him back maybe he might have stayed on and he also had the opportunity of asking him to join the coaching staff.Sky or not he has earned the right to be listened too

Thats a bit of a stretch mate. Brendan isnt to blame for everything thats gone wrong. Jamie retired, simple as.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20668: Nov 23, 2014 09:40:38 pm

Mate, don't F***ing assume what the club means to me.
      Carra is a big boy, he can take care of himself - or do you feel the need to drag BR into that as a baddie too.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #20669: Nov 23, 2014 09:42:21 pm
      some people here, some f**king people here

blaming carragher instead of brendan, like brendan is a legend to our club that we are forbidden to say something bad about him, carragher is a legend to our club and he has more knowledge of this club than brendan, he has every right to say what he thinks about our club, brendan achieved absolutely nothing with our club when compared to other managers we had, have we become so short sighted that we acknowledge a 2nd place finish (with almost all conditions favouring us - injury free, no european football, other teams having strange results, etc.) like it is a trophy and brendan should be given full confidence, f**k me not even rafa got so much support and he won us the champions league, incredible, and what surprises me the most is the fact that the same people that were raising question marks against him after his first season are now diehards fans of mr rodgers
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #20670: Nov 23, 2014 09:47:42 pm

Look in the mirror.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20671: Nov 23, 2014 09:50:07 pm

blaming carragher instead of brendan, like brendan is a legend to our club that we are forbidden to say something bad about him, carragher is a legend to our club and he has more knowledge of this club than brendan, he has every right to say what he thinks about our club, brendan achieved absolutely nothing with our club when compared to other managers we had, have we become so short sighted that we acknowledge a 2nd place finish (with almost all conditions favouring us - injury free, no european football, other teams having strange results, etc.) like it is a trophy and brendan should be given full confidence, f**k me not even rafa got so much support and he won us the champions league, incredible, and what surprises me the most is the fact that the same people that were raising question marks against him after his first season are now diehards fans of mr rodgers

Use a F***ing full stop you annoying tw*t! Nobody is backing BR over Cara. Your incessant negativity to all things Liverpool is so frustrating. You're a young lad no doubt an epitomize everything that is wrong with the Internet fan base these days. You would have a manager sacked and a new one sacked in two seasons, if they didn't perform to your quite simply RIDICULOUS expectations.

We are going through a bad patch. GET THE F**k ON BOARD.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20672: Nov 23, 2014 09:57:12 pm
      Mate, don't f**king assume what the club means to me.
      Carra is a big boy, he can take care of himself - or do you feel the need to drag BR into that as a baddie too.

I know having played for the club for best part of 17 years he has earned the right to have an opinion and not to be disrespected by putting him into the same category as Ratboy.
      Don't f***in swear for effect its not going to get you far
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #20673: Nov 23, 2014 09:58:57 pm
      I've noticed a pattern developing since he took over in that if you're not in Brendans good books and obey thy word... your out..
      and there's a few players that, on todays performances, could well be out the door in January and one or two didn't even get on the pitch.. Lucas, Toure, Markovic, Minoglet, Johnson, Balotelli, Manquillo and dare I say it, Sterling and Gerrard..

His mid table beliefs and philosophies are screwing this club up... It's got to stop..
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #20674: Nov 23, 2014 10:01:28 pm
      @pagekarl i was positive if you search through my posts, i was backing the team over and over again and over and over again i've got fu**ed in the face with brendan's decisions and dealings, how much a man can take ? he's simply driven me to resort in wishing him gone as soon as possible with our depressing style of football , after we won at qpr, i said "good ! i hope this is our moment to turn our season around, i hope brendan saw what's bad in the team!" then next game he makes the same errors, and on and on and on again , how can some people still have hope that he's the man is beyond me, that's why every person is different, some blindly hope that brendan is the chosen one, but i'm fed up with him
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #20675: Nov 23, 2014 10:03:32 pm
      This week could define his career as manager of Liverpool Football Club.

He desperately needs to get the win at Ludogrets and stop the rot, things could get very very difficult for him if he doesn't.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20676: Nov 23, 2014 10:06:47 pm
      I know having played for the club for best part of 17 years he has earned the right to have an opinion

Never said he didn't have right to have opinion. I'm a fan of Carra.

Quick Reply