Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3055958 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #20631: Nov 23, 2014 06:17:21 pm
      Strange things happening. Does he want the sack?

No.   Dont sack him F.S.G  .   More ado  ....

Anyway.

Onwards Onwards  Comrades , Under Our Glorious Leader  to Ludogorets  !

PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #20633: Nov 23, 2014 06:21:39 pm
      Klopp is in a relegation fight :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #20635: Nov 23, 2014 06:31:33 pm
      5 straight defeats is exactly what we deserve.
      Brendan looks like he's a beaten man currently.

His buying has been by an large poor & he knows it.
      I don't see the owners giving him a King's ransom come January either.

And to be honest  i wouldn't either.
      If he loses wednesday his jobs on the line for me.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20636: Nov 23, 2014 06:33:44 pm

He's an awesome character and would probably put us at the head of the queue for bringing in Reus. Certainly would shock some of our timid little players and might actually scare a reaction out of some of them.

If we were to change manager he'd be right near the top of my list. To me he looks exactly the type of manager Arsenal need.

If you offered me a Rodgers/Klopp switch right now being honest I'd struggle to say no.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/23/brad-jones-caught-sleeping-on-liverpool-bench-during-crystal-palace-defeat-4959390/

.... reminds me of our midfielders that.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20637: Nov 23, 2014 07:04:51 pm
      Things aint looking good for Brendan. Why has he got the team playing slow, long balls, no pressing and so deep? Ok so you lose your 2 main strikers... why abandon everything we need to get goals? Just cause you cant score doesnt mean you stop trying.

As a manager, his defensive record is DREADFUL. So you have to play to your strengths, not change everything to expose your weaknesses.

Jesus Brendan, you are making it VERY difficult to support you against all odds.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #20638: Nov 23, 2014 07:07:36 pm
      Brendan seems to have lost the dressing room.

Where does he go from this?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20639: Nov 23, 2014 07:10:09 pm
      The Metro loves creating a headline don't they.

"The sensational claim comes just hours after The Reds succumbed to a shock 3-1 defeat at Crystal Palace..."

In other words, "Liverpool have just lost again, Carragher slated Brendan, Klopp is struggling at Dortmund so why not put 2+2 together and get 156?"

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,316 posts | 8599 
      Reply #20640: Nov 23, 2014 07:19:30 pm
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #20641: Nov 23, 2014 07:21:20 pm
      bring in klopp as soon as possible, so next year we could battle for the title
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,561 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20642: Nov 23, 2014 07:27:10 pm
      Don't know what Carra said, but as far as I'm concerned he's now a media head and I won't pay any more attention to what he's saying than anyone else on Sky with their f**king monitors and graphics and all the rest of it.

It's November, we're doing crap - but there's a long way to go. Am worried like most, and would not like to see the pattern continue into the months of the new year. The Studge injury is a disaster. But BR is the manager of LFC - f**k all the stupid teeth, shoes etc jibes, they're for idiots - he has serious questions to answer, but I'll be holding serious fire until well into the new year at the very least.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20643: Nov 23, 2014 08:22:24 pm
      Not one to demand loyalty to the players and manager, from others, after ridiculing them himself for slipping, shirking or lack of game management - hypocrites who flip flop like that are not to be taken seriously.  8)

Nope - I haven't changed my mind on why we lost the match so no flip flopping involved. Happy to help. ;)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20644: Nov 23, 2014 08:27:17 pm
      Don't know what Carra said, but as far as I'm concerned he's now a media head and I won't pay any more attention to what he's saying than anyone else on Sky with their f**king monitors and graphics and all the rest of it.

It's November, we're doing crap - but there's a long way to go. Am worried like most, and would not like to see the pattern continue into the months of the new year. The Studge injury is a disaster. But BR is the manager of LFC - f**k all the stupid teeth, shoes etc jibes, they're for idiots - he has serious questions to answer, but I'll be holding serious fire until well into the new year at the very least.

don't think you should disregard Jamie that's a bit off.
      He told the truth if you don't like it that's one thing but don't shoot the messenger he didn't say anything that we didn't already know.This team has no fight no desire and no future.
      What happens next is really all about Brendan and how he can get a team out that will actually fight for him and the club because we have had 1 good performance all season
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20645: Nov 23, 2014 08:33:17 pm
      Personally I thought we'd have a funny old season up until around January with all the new arrivals during the summer, but this is worse than I'd imagined, I thought we'd lose games and not be as lethal as lat year but we'd still be in contention for top 4 even if outside the top 4 places.

The worst thing for Rodgers at the moment is discontent is starting to brew in the fan base, might only be the forums, twitter, phone ins etc at the moment, but they usually manifest there way on to the terraces if there's not a sharp upturn in fortunes.

For me Rodgers needs to turn it around and very soon and get this team climbing up the league as if he doesn't were fast approaching the busy festive period and after that, the time of year FSG decided Roy Hodgson couldn't take us any further.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #20646: Nov 23, 2014 08:50:33 pm
      i believe that if we lose the Wednesday game in Bulgaria, BR will be out.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #20647: Nov 23, 2014 09:02:13 pm
      How the hell did we go from title challengers to having our worst Premier League start since 1992-93 and also on the verge of getting knocked out of the Champions League group stages?

This is a living nightmare.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #20648: Nov 23, 2014 09:07:11 pm
      bring in klopp as soon as possible, so next year we could battle for the title

Is that the same Klopp that has Dortmund sitting 16th in the Bundesliga at the minute?

They're having just as big a shocker as us.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #20649: Nov 23, 2014 09:08:50 pm
      How the hell did we go from title challengers to having our worst Premier League start since 1992-93 and also on the verge of getting knocked out of the Champions League group stages?

This is a living nightmare.

Selling Suarez & replacing him with the opposite of what we required, allowing Agger & Reina to leave giving us less leadership & a voice onfield.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #20650: Nov 23, 2014 09:10:11 pm
      Felt awful for the gaffer watching his post match stuff. He looked wounded and hurt and no wonder the team are a shower right now and his heads on the line.
      I'm not sure what else he can do or try right now. The only thing I can think is be revolutionary - Migs Lovern and Gerrard removed from the 1st team. Look to youth and go for broke. Desperate times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20651: Nov 23, 2014 09:10:45 pm
      Is that the same Klopp that has Dortmund sitting 16th in the Bundesliga at the minute?

when I see Klopp I cant get past Allo Allo.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20652: Nov 23, 2014 09:12:21 pm
      Selling Suarez & replacing him with the opposite of what we required, allowing Agger & Reina to leave giving us less leadership & a voice onfield.

we sold them for what £9 mil and bought in their replacements for £30mil those FSG boys know how to do business.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #20653: Nov 23, 2014 09:13:23 pm

the same klopp that guided dortmund to 2 titles, ucl final, 1 cup and 2 supercups while playing attractive football while top players left the club and alot of first team players got injured ... this season is an accident, even though in ucl he has max points from 4 games, i bet that in the league he'll manage to finish in top 3 afterall

Quick Reply