Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3046486 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #23920: Jan 24, 2015 02:09:05 pm
      I know where you're coming from on your points but I'm also now realising that it's a similar pattern that only occurs with the managers of the Big 4. Maureen, Van Gauling and Whinger are all exactly the same. It's a form of denial and they'll blame everything else apart from themselves or their team. I suppose it's part of the psyche required for a big club manager not to concede weakness. I suspect that's part of the reason as to why Moyes got canned so quickly.

Managers from the lesser team generally give an honest account during their interviews.

Including Fat Sam?
      ;)
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #23921: Jan 24, 2015 02:17:01 pm

;D

I think he's just got delusions of grandeur lately. I watched an interview of him the other week on M-O-T-D and TBH I thought Brendan might have given him one of his scripts when he started talking about switching to a diamond formation and what not. He'll soon revert to type when they start slipping down the league.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23922: Jan 24, 2015 02:31:38 pm
      ;D

I think he's just got delusions of grandeur lately. I watched an interview of him the other week on M-O-T-D and TBH I thought Brendan might have given him one of his scripts when he started talking about switching to a diamond formation and what not. He'll soon revert to type when they start slipping down the league.

Lately?

It was around 10 years ago he was making comments about being good enough to manage Barca or RM ;D, so I think those delusions are pretty deep seated  ;D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #23923: Jan 24, 2015 09:01:34 pm
      Right tactics and personnel to win the match comfortably today if we had taqken our chances and the Ref hadn't been such a meff.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,414 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23924: Jan 24, 2015 09:14:15 pm
      Got his team selection wrong imo but still did enough to win
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #23925: Jan 24, 2015 09:28:30 pm
      Got his team selection wrong imo but still did enough to win

If we did enough to win how was the selection wrong mate?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #23926: Jan 25, 2015 01:22:51 am
      Really should have won this game today, nothing really down to BR and I liked that he made a change at half and then used his other two subs to try and get a win. He's seemingly come through the rough patch and is getting things right.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #23927: Jan 25, 2015 05:29:22 am
      Really should have won this game today, nothing really down to BR and I liked that he made a change at half and then used his other two subs to try and get a win. He's seemingly come through the rough patch and is getting things right.

This.

That squad, even including Johnson and Allen, should have been good enough to get the job done. Not BR's fault the lads couldn't get the job done.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23928: Jan 25, 2015 07:27:35 am
      Brendan giving instructions from the side line.  ;D

Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #23929: Jan 25, 2015 05:03:08 pm
      Johnson, Manquillo, Allen and Enrique were woeful.

In hindsight Rodgers shouldn't have started them but at the end of the day, those players are still much much better than Bolton.

Totally unacceptable performance from them.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #23930: Jan 25, 2015 05:11:05 pm

Good use of a scouse original slur, I commend you. ;)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #23931: Jan 25, 2015 05:57:47 pm
      Johnson, Manquillo, Allen and Enrique were woeful.

In hindsight Rodgers shouldn't have started them but at the end of the day, those players are still much much better than Bolton.

Totally unacceptable performance from them.

Think you're being slightly harsh on Glen considering at the end of the day he did keep a clean sheet playing in an unfamiliar central defense position. He was defensively no worse than Sakho who had possibly the worst game I've seen him play.

Completely agree with everything else you say though.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #23932: Jan 26, 2015 10:24:07 am
      I think he needs to stop stock piling average players and just have a good 20 man squad of quality, all these frindge players we paid over the odds for which we could have used the cash to go after one top player.
      ALLEN - 15mil - average sell on value 10mil MAX
      Borini 15mil - works hard but needs game tiem - sell on value - 10mil max
      Lambert 4mil - random buy past it - sell on value 1-2mil max
      Alberto 7mil - looks good on loan but will he get a chance?? - sell on value - 7-8mil max
      Mario - 16mil - there's a player in there BR needs to bring it out of him - sell on value - 13mil max
      Aspas 8mil- WTF is he taking the mick as a footballer - sell on 6mil max
      Coates (not sure of cost) - to quiet as a CB - sell on ????
      Johnson (90k a week) dont offer new deal his legs have gone let him walk save on wages
      Lovern 20mil - lacking confidence and making stupid choices- keep but hire Dr Peters
      Mignolet 16mil - lacking confidence but starting to improve -hire new GK coach and make him practice kicking and collecting

apart form last two we should sell all the others and just buy 3 top players for 20mil each if we can afford it, this will fund that.
      GK... (barca GK cant even spell his name) - 15-18mil
      DM.. busquest/kaderia/mascarano - this type of player if we can attract - 20mil roughly
      ST..Benzima - 30mil
      and that's it dont buy anymore let the team gel and just have a replacement for each postition that way the team clicks and starts playing well. all these smaller clubs have thin squads and are all above us because their players get used to a sytem. West Ham, Southampton even Arsenal dont have a massive squad its usuall same team week in week out.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #23933: Jan 26, 2015 10:31:03 am
      Happy Birthday boss hope it's a good one for you and the lads get the win tomorrow night  :drinking:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #23934: Jan 26, 2015 12:04:53 pm
      Think you're being slightly harsh on Glen considering at the end of the day he did keep a clean sheet playing in an unfamiliar central defense position. He was defensively no worse than Sakho who had possibly the worst game I've seen him play.

Surprised at this, thought Sakho played decent myself. He is the one player at the back I'm most confident in.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #23935: Jan 26, 2015 12:13:51 pm
      Surprised at this, thought Sakho played decent myself. He is the one player at the back I'm most confident in.
      i also thought Sakho was one of our best players in that game and johnson was playing more on the righ with Can central as he was getting forward more than Can. either way johnson is not a 90k a week player anymore so wages need to reflect that.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #23936: Jan 26, 2015 12:27:03 pm
      i also thought Sakho was one of our best players in that game and johnson was playing more on the righ with Can central as he was getting forward more than Can. either way johnson is not a 90k a week player anymore so wages need to reflect that.

I agree.

The Johnson debate is easy. offer him a lower deal to stay... if he stays, great experience in the squad if not, jog him on and save the wages...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #23937: Jan 26, 2015 01:06:58 pm

If that's Sakho's worst game then we are doing pretty good. He had a couple nervous moments but overall he bossed the back line. He's a beast.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23938: Jan 26, 2015 01:18:56 pm

No worse than Sakho? Sakho had a decent game.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #23939: Jan 26, 2015 01:21:43 pm
      No worse than Sakho? Sakho had a decent game.

Sakho is our defencive player of the season so far...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #23940: Jan 26, 2015 02:15:21 pm
      I really don't see the use in giving Johnson a new contract, going to three centre backs over the last month has made me literally forget about Johnson. Of all the players we don't need at the club, I honestly think he's the most worthless, primarily because we have right back sorted in Flanagan, and even if he isn't perfect, Manquillo.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #23941: Jan 26, 2015 02:17:07 pm
      He was defensively no worse than Sakho who had possibly the worst game I've seen him play.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #23942: Jan 26, 2015 03:15:03 pm
      I can understand why the gaffer plays the likes of Allen and Enrique in games like Saturday.

Obviously it gives our better players a breather but more importantly we are advertising them and putting them in the shop window for other clubs. If for example, Allen manages 15-20 appearances for us this season, we would probably get 5m more for him than we would if he rots in the reserves. If we don't loan them out then we have to play them - otherwise we will get nothing for them.

I used to think Johnson fell into the above category but now I'm concerned whether Brendan actually rates him. His contract is due to expire so F**k him off - he is sh*te! These whispers of us offering him a new deal must be bollocks surely. He has underperformed for 2-3 seasons running now.

Quick Reply