Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206884 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #18239: Nov 20, 2014 09:23:17 pm
      Agree with that. As boring a player Milner may seem, he is incredibly functional and gets the job done. A different player to Kuyt but shares that quality of being highly effective yet underrated.

With a lack of goals, a lack of creativity and an inability to keep clean sheets, that's not the type of player we need right now is it? We can't afford any more mistakes in the transfer market if we're to have a snowball in hell's chance of finishing in the top four this season. Now is the time for quality over quantity.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #18240: Nov 20, 2014 09:45:13 pm
      With a lack of goals, a lack of creativity and an inability to keep clean sheets, that's not the type of player we need right now is it? We can't afford any more mistakes in the transfer market if we're to have a snowball in hell's chance of finishing in the top four this season. Now is the time for quality over quantity.

Funny lot on this forum, been complaining for the last few months on the lack of quality signed over the summer and then they want that world beater James Milner   :lmao:

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18241: Nov 20, 2014 10:05:55 pm
      Funny lot on this forum, been complaining for the last few months on the lack of quality signed over the summer and then they want that world beater James Milner   :lmao:

I actually think he's a very good player. More in the Henderson mould, very similar actually, but better passer and tackler. I think he would've done well for us in a defensive midfield role this season had we signed him.

I don't think he'll be available in Jan, but maybe Summer. Personally, I wouldn't want him (would not be against the signing if cheap) as I feel there would be better midfielders available in Jan or next Summer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #18242: Nov 20, 2014 10:52:05 pm
      I actually think he's a very good player. More in the Henderson mould, very similar actually, but better passer and tackler. I think he would've done well for us in a defensive midfield role this season had we signed him.

I don't think he'll be available in Jan, but maybe Summer. Personally, I wouldn't want him (would not be against the signing if cheap) as I feel there would be better midfielders available in Jan or next Summer.

Contradictory post mate? You think he is a very good player but yet won't want him here as there are better players around. So is he any good or not?

Typical over rated English player in my opinion who is ok at all he does but  does not excel in anything in particular.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #18243: Nov 20, 2014 11:54:57 pm
      To be fair Cech is settled in London, his kids probably go to London schools etc so I'm personally nor surprised he's going to Arsenal. At his age he ain't gonna move to Liverpool however much we don't like it. James Milner is one I keep looking at wistfully if he still hasn't signed a contract at Man City. Him I'd really push the boat out for.

I've said it before that Milner is one of those players that you initially think is sh*te but when you sit and have a think and watch him play a few times he'd easily do a very good job for us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #18244: Nov 21, 2014 01:42:06 am
      I've said it before that Milner is one of those players that you initially think is sh*te but when you sit and have a think and watch him play a few times he'd easily do a very good job for us.

He's forgettable but he always seems to make an impact in the games he plays. There's something to be said for having a player like that.

I think the Kuyt comparisons are fairly reasonable.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18245: Nov 21, 2014 03:31:31 pm
      Contradictory post mate? You think he is a very good player but yet won't want him here as there are better players around. So is he any good or not?

I'm not sure if it's contradictory.

I just feel he's a very good player, but we can do better. Would not be against him joining us, but there are better players out there available, so Milner would not be my first choice.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18246: Nov 24, 2014 06:06:53 pm
      I tell you what, Milner would be a first-team player if he joins our club, that says alot of things about our players.

Though, i always though Milner was always underrated, mainly at City, everytime he played he made an impression, also he works his socks off all the time.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #18247: Nov 25, 2014 12:48:25 am
      James Milner? Now we are desperate.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #18248: Nov 25, 2014 03:39:12 am
      yeah anyone who's watched city the last couple of years would've seen how they start Milner in big games or bring him on when they need a player who actually cares and digs in and puts a shift in. would've been very good around our very young team this year. but yeah, people slagging him off despite the fact he plays for the champions and is a good trusted squad member of said champions.....

(i haven't seen much of city this season though)
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2014 03:50:30 am by Del Boca Vista »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #18249: Nov 25, 2014 03:49:23 am
      FSG have it wrapped up

Bid openly for players, upwards of £30m to £40m, let the 'world' see their (false) intentions, then when the clubs agree, offer the player £60k a week and watch how he turns us down for the bright lights of >insert favourite city here<

Quite brilliant if it wasn't so transparent

I think we all knew, or feared, what their ownership would be like. but we refused to entertain it and chose to put our faith in them. now, however, I doubt that faith is quite the same for most LFC supporters. we haven't heard anything out of them in ages. when they started they made it seem like they would be in constant communication and that this was the start of their long journey into football. that's more bs to keep us on their side, I feel. I do believe they are just businessmen here to make money, but I mean we should all realise this, that is the nature of the industry.

It saddens me now, when I see people talking about whether we might get a keeper like Chec or Valdes.. I don't believe that stuff one bit. I mean I never believe rumors, especially in November, but I think we've just seen enough of the new regime to know how they use the media. Our owners are bas**rds. Masters of deception like all business people, with one eye on the dollar and the other on their back pocket they're trying to fill.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18250: Nov 25, 2014 05:12:53 pm
      Berahino   arrested for DD.
      Lymm.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #18251: Nov 25, 2014 05:35:52 pm
      Berahino   arrested for DD.
      Lymm.

He will get on well with Alberto.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #18252: Nov 25, 2014 06:47:26 pm
      I think we all knew, or feared, what their ownership would be like. but we refused to entertain it and chose to put our faith in them. now, however, I doubt that faith is quite the same for most LFC supporters. we haven't heard anything out of them in ages. when they started they made it seem like they would be in constant communication and that this was the start of their long journey into football. that's more bs to keep us on their side, I feel. I do believe they are just businessmen here to make money, but I mean we should all realise this, that is the nature of the industry.

It saddens me now, when I see people talking about whether we might get a keeper like Chec or Valdes.. I don't believe that stuff one bit. I mean I never believe rumors, especially in November, but I think we've just seen enough of the new regime to know how they use the media. Our owners are bas**rds. Masters of deception like all business people, with one eye on the dollar and the other on their back pocket they're trying to fill.

They'll make their profit from selling the club, and the only way to make that is by making the club successful.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #18253: Nov 25, 2014 08:49:12 pm

Agreed. We're crying out for a keeper like Cech or Valdes. And why? Because they booted out Pepe to slash the wage bill even further. And he went to Bayern Munich - not exactly known for being cheapskates or crap in recent times.

However, the sad part is that not all of the footb all "industry" is full of scum. Germany and the top Spaniard are all clubs run decently. As is the case in other countries.

British football is like a joke that would have happened had Thatcher been in govt today. Its become an absolute parody of our national game. And its a parody of business too.

British football (certainly the US owned clubs, and many others)is ridiculously dated and behind the times. City and Chelsea may be run with ambition. But LFC and Arse etc are just run by vampires, sucking everything football out of them.

Its getting like cheering for Tescos. Currently there is no "football club" in "liverpool football club". And THAT is the big problem.

Time the slippery tongued buggers fu**ed off.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #18254: Nov 25, 2014 08:51:15 pm
      Agreed. We're crying out for a keeper like Cech or Valdes. And why? Because they booted out Pepe to slash the wage bill even further. And he went to Bayern Munich - not exactly known for being cheapskates or crap in recent times.

However, the sad part is that not all of the footb all "industry" is full of scum. Germany and the top Spaniard are all clubs run decently. As is the case in other countries.

British football is like a joke that would have happened had Thatcher been in govt today. Its become an absolute parody of our national game. And its a parody of business too.

British football (certainly the US owned clubs, and many others)is ridiculously dated and behind the times. City and Chelsea may be run with ambition. But LFC and Arse etc are just run by vampires, sucking everything football out of them.

Its getting like cheering for Tescos. Currently there is no "football club" in "liverpool football club". And THAT is the big problem.

Time the slippery tongued buggers fu**ed off.

Do you think there's a possibility you could not turn every single thread into a Xenophobic rant about our owners? If you want to rant, please confine it to the thread that we currently have for owner bashing. It's not hard to find.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #18255: Nov 25, 2014 09:42:52 pm
      Does anyone here follow American baseball?

I just read today that FSG's baseball club has just signed one of the best players in their league, Sandoval, and is about to buy another one of the best players in their league, Ramires.

if it's true it's interesting.  Their Boston club has no problem buying top, proven players, but they don't follow the same philosophy with us.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #18256: Nov 25, 2014 09:43:49 pm

I just read today that FSG's baseball club has just signed one of the best players in their league, Sandoval, and is about to buy another one of the best players in their league, Ramires.

if it's true it's interesting.  Their Boston club has no problem buying top, proven players, but they don't follow the same philosophy with us.

Wouldn't surprise me at all Fed, that is their passion, this is their investment.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2014 11:30:55 pm by KopiteLuke »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18257: Nov 25, 2014 10:16:53 pm

When I think of 'how' they acquired the cash to do that, it makes me sick to my stomach. Especially when you consider they actually made about £20m over the summer due to the Suarez transfer, us finishing 2nd and BT tv rights
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #18258: Nov 26, 2014 01:00:16 am
      From the metro so don't place your bets too soon:

Liverpool are ready to sign Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, Porto striker Jackson Martinez and Norwich winger Nathan Redmond in a £47million triple deal.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is under pressure at Anfield but will be given time to turn things around – starting in the transfer window.

And according to reports, Rodgers wants to bring in three top players, starting with £7million-rated Chelsea goalie Cech, who would replace Simon Mignolet between the sticks.

Cech would be followed by £30million Porto striker Martinez, while Norwich’s England Under-21 starlet Redmond is also being tipped to join for £10million.

It’s hoped all three players could hit the ground running and give Liverpool a big boost ahead of the second half of the campaign.

MORE: Liverpool have made signing this guy their top priority

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/25/liverpool-ready-to-sign-petr-cech-jackson-martinez-and-nathan-redmond-in-47m-triple-transfer-deal-4962193/
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18259: Nov 26, 2014 09:12:35 am
      BR might seek to buy a striker in the Jan. window as Studge's injury woes deepen threatening to keep him out 'till the end of Jan.
      The manager knows there is little value in the transfer window especially for a club acknowledged to be in need of reinforcement with Sturridge's thigh injury suffering a setback and Balotelli's return to the club clouded by his international future, the goalscoring options look slender.
      CSKA Moscow striker Seydo Doumbia has been on the radar since Kenny Dalglish's second spell as manager but the club will be only too aware of the huge salaries the Russians pay to keep hold of their top men.

read more:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/daniel-sturridge-injury-latest-liverpool-striker-feared-to-be-out-until-the-new-year-9870530.html
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2014 09:23:05 am by stuey »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #18260: Nov 26, 2014 09:32:24 am
      From the metro so don't place your bets too soon:

Liverpool are ready to sign Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, Porto striker Jackson Martinez and Norwich winger Nathan Redmond in a £47million triple deal.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is under pressure at Anfield but will be given time to turn things around – starting in the transfer window.

And according to reports, Rodgers wants to bring in three top players, starting with £7million-rated Chelsea goalie Cech, who would replace Simon Mignolet between the sticks.

Cech would be followed by £30million Porto striker Martinez, while Norwich’s England Under-21 starlet Redmond is also being tipped to join for £10million.

It’s hoped all three players could hit the ground running and give Liverpool a big boost ahead of the second half of the campaign.

MORE: Liverpool have made signing this guy their top priority

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/25/liverpool-ready-to-sign-petr-cech-jackson-martinez-and-nathan-redmond-in-47m-triple-transfer-deal-4962193/

We badly need Cech and Martinez. But it ain't gonna happen.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #18261: Nov 26, 2014 10:24:02 am
      I'd be looking at Cabaye, James Milner and Berahino. Cech if we could get him would be great, but those three would do me.

Quick Reply