Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206277 times
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1334: Jan 24, 2016 01:48:21 pm
      No, it really doesn't. He had a bad passing game against the Arse, but typically he's one of the best passing CB's in the world. Look it up.

:lmao:

he either gives hospital balls or passes to the full back.

he is a liability

if he wasn't such a character of the pitch people would be slating him as on the pitch he is untidy 
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1335: Jan 24, 2016 03:06:59 pm

he either gives hospital balls or passes to the full back.

he is a liability

if he wasn't such a character of the pitch people would be slating him as on the pitch he is untidy 

What are you smoking lad ???

He certainly makes some mistakes, but you're off your rocker if you think he plays hospital balls!!!  He rifles the ball into teammates feet!!  His passes have too much power far more often than he under hits them....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1336: Jan 24, 2016 03:37:07 pm
      Only seen the highlights but he looked terrible yesterday.

Was he?

Him and Toure were like the keystone kops.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,189 posts | 833 
      Reply #1337: Jan 24, 2016 03:47:49 pm
      For a tall defender his aerial ability is not that great.

He is a good defender, would be better if he has a dominant defender next to him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1338: Jan 24, 2016 03:57:44 pm
      For a tall defender his aerial ability is not that great.

He is a good defender, would be better if he has a dominant defender next to him.

Yesterday aside, Sakho is usually good at positioning himself to win headers, but he never seems to get enough power on them.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1339: Jan 24, 2016 07:11:58 pm
      The tragedy is that he's our best centre-back, Skrtel and Lovren, especially Lovren are worse than him. Signing 2 quality centre-backs in the summer must be a priority.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1340: Jan 24, 2016 08:46:47 pm
      It's weird. When we have Skrtel and/or Lovren fit, Sakho seems the best out of them with at least one of the other 2 making mistakes, but as soon as one of them gets injured, it's as though the one playing well then turns crap and we want the injured one back. It's a viscous circle.

Agreed mate. When I was typing it, I remembered back to when Sakho was out, wondering how long he would take to get back because Skrtel and Lovren were playing sh*te.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #1341: Jan 24, 2016 10:06:50 pm
      What are you smoking lad ???

He certainly makes some mistakes, but you're off your rocker if you think he plays hospital balls!!!  He rifles the ball into teammates feet!!  His passes have too much power far more often than he under hits them....

a high proportion of his balls re fired aimlessly in straight down the middle of the pitch and stick us on the back foot

i wont start on his decision making
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1342: Jan 24, 2016 10:47:54 pm
      a high proportion of his balls re fired aimlessly in straight down the middle of the pitch and stick us on the back foot

i wont start on his decision making

He has an 87.8% pass success rating.  That is higher than the likes of Vertonghen, Koscielny, Cahil, and Smalling.  It is also higher than the likes of Ozil and Silva, but if you say he can't pass then it must be true.... 

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1343: Jan 24, 2016 10:53:57 pm
      The tragedy is that he's our best centre-back, Skrtel and Lovren, especially Lovren are worse than him. Signing 2 quality centre-backs in the summer must be a priority.

Fact of the matter is we have the least goals conceded this year with Lovren in the side.

I suggest you look it up before making outlandish statements.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #1344: Jan 25, 2016 12:34:11 am
      He has an 87.8% pass success rating.  That is higher than the likes of Vertonghen, Koscielny, Cahil, and Smalling.  It is also higher than the likes of Ozil and Silva, but if you say he can't pass then it must be true.... 

a lot of his passes are to the player right next to him, his forward medicine balls are not great

you posting that iffy stat is shoddy enough, mentioning that he is higher that Ozil and Silva.

How about using your eyes?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1345: Jan 25, 2016 12:38:06 am
      He'd be brilliant in a really good team who control most matches. His passing is outstanding for a centre back. Shame that Lovren is injured. Would have liked to have seen the Sakho Lovren partnership for a longer time.

a lot of his passes are to the player right next to him, his forward medicine balls are not great

you posting that iffy stat is shoddy enough, mentioning that he is higher that Ozil and Silva.

The Anfield Wrap did a show on this a while ago. His forward passing stats were ridiculously good for a defender. His passing is top notch. You'd struggle to find a better centre back at passing.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1346: Jan 25, 2016 02:56:25 am

I use stats to back up my opinions.  You just spout bullshit and pass it off as fact....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #1347: Jan 25, 2016 04:35:09 am

How about taking the blindfold off and using yours?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1348: Jan 25, 2016 05:29:32 am

I, for one, don't trust them. Taken far too many eyewitness statements over the years to know how unreliable they are.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1349: Jan 27, 2016 12:32:43 am
      Another one looking like he 's playing through the pain, slight limp all game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1350: Feb 02, 2016 10:12:52 pm
      Should be dropped has been absolutely sh*t the last 3 games. Responsible in some way for both goals today.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1351: Feb 02, 2016 10:42:57 pm
      Should be dropped has been absolutely sh*t the last 3 games. Responsible in some way for both goals today.

Thought he was marginally better out of the two cb's, both were sh*te overall though.

Letting the ball bounce like that for the second was amateurish.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1352: Feb 02, 2016 10:59:23 pm
      We can't drop our best defender yes he has been below par.  But we have big issues at the back and dropping Mama is going to make us better.  I just hope he can string a dozen or so games without getting injured never mind dropping him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1353: Feb 03, 2016 09:31:16 am
      He is suffering from the same problems as the rest of the team, poor decision making. Letting the ball bounce or letting it go over his head!

I have been one of his biggest fans but I have come to the conclusion that when he is put under pressure there is a mistake just waiting to be made, irrelevant of how well he has been playing, consistency is his biggest issue.

PS He still can't head a ball clear with any power.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1354: Feb 03, 2016 09:50:07 am
      I know a lot of people rate this lad and he's a bit of a folk hero but he's far too error prone and uncertain. Completely misjudges the bounce of the ball for that 2nd goal last night, panic then ensues and the games over. He's not good enough
      Aspi
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #1355: Feb 03, 2016 09:54:45 am
      I know a lot of people rate this lad and he's a bit of a folk hero but he's far too error prone and uncertain. Completely misjudges the bounce of the ball for that 2nd goal last night, panic then ensues and the games over. He's not good enough

Agree entirely with this post, unfortunately he just isn't good enough.  The thing that seems to go un-noticed a lot of the time is how many hospital passes he plays to midfielders with 2 or 3 men around them, resulting in them losing the ball and us being on the back foot, even when a simple ball is an option to him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1356: Feb 03, 2016 09:59:57 am

PS He still can't head a ball clear with any power.

That's bonkers but I know what you mean. I thought he was awful at first but everyone said look at his stats and they where good but the stats don't always tell you everything do they.
      I guess when a team is so short on confidence all the players look awful at times.

Quick Reply