Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3

Read 29124 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #115: Jun 24, 2014 08:44:43 pm
      do we want to keep him is the question?

You'd have to be some sort of c**t if you didn't want Luis Suarez in your team. Regardless of what he does every now and then, he is without doubt, arguably the best player in the World over the past year.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: Luis Suarez // THE BITE // Part 3
      Reply #116: Jun 24, 2014 08:46:09 pm
      Do you put down a rabid dog who has rabies and bites people? Yes you do. If that dog earned you millions in revenue, you would think twice and keep him and make every excuse under the sun to say he was provoked or will be counselled.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #117: Jun 24, 2014 08:46:09 pm
      seriously? if he played for anyone else you'd call him every name under the sun. he's a moron. f**k all this talk of can we keep him? do we want to keep him is the question?

Do we want 30+ goals a season is the answer. I also agree, his reputation is now in tatters. Once in a career is bad enough, twice and you need serious help but three times...I doubt curing cancer and issuing in world peace will make him seen in a good light by anyone outside of whatever club he's playing for and we all know that because his where the goals that knocked England out of the World Cup (despite our not playing well enough to win that game) the press are going to have a field day with this.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #118: Jun 24, 2014 08:46:25 pm
      You'd have to be some sort of c**t if you didn't want Luis Suarez in your team. Regardless of what he does every now and then, he is without doubt, arguably the best player in the World over the past year.

call me a c**t then
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #119: Jun 24, 2014 08:46:42 pm
      ;D Bollocks mate

He may be on the edge but complete liability?
      Did you say that all last season?

He may do daft things from time to time.. However 3 days ago everyone was wanking over what he did against England..
      Today or anything else doesn't take away from his sheer ability

And what he did 3 days ago doesn't negate the guy's a complete loon just waiting to explode all the time

I personally love the guy but he's starting to leave people very little options now. You can't help someone who won't help themselves. I can't help but really like him, regardless of what he's done; but I'm not even going to attempt to defend him this time.

He'll be banned for the rest of the tournament at the very least, and probably be fined. If he's lucky, that'll be it.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #120: Jun 24, 2014 08:47:27 pm
      Absolutely. That said doesn't stop me from being exasperated about it but sheds further light on the idea that his brilliance is probably his downfall as well and that they can't be separated.

Not for one minute going to call him a disgrace or for his immediate transfer. Maybe disgraceful incidents, but the guy isn't a disgrace as apart from those isolated incidents Luis conducts himself in a rather fine manner. Being a sub human piece of scum 24/7 (like John Terry) or failing to try your hardest in your football career (like Victor Moses) is far far more offensive in my view. Just hope FIFA only applies the ban to the international sphere which the BBC's Richard Conway has, thankfully, said is the most likely route.

Sorry - now I love Suarez at Liverpool but this is not a standalone incident and cannot be viewed as one...

3 Biting incidents
      1 Racial Abuse incident
      Head-butted a ref
      Punched a team mate
      Threw a punch against a player last month in a qualifier I recall (may be wrong)

Now, love him or hate him this is not an isolated incident by any stretch of the imagination...
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #121: Jun 24, 2014 08:48:43 pm
      Suarez's childhood photo  ;D

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #122: Jun 24, 2014 08:49:16 pm
      And what he did 3 days ago doesn't negate the guy's a complete loon just waiting to explode all the time

I personally love the guy but he's starting to leave people very little options now. You can't help someone who won't help themselves. I can't help but really like him, regardless of what he's done; but I'm not even going to attempt to defend him this time.

He'll be banned for the rest of the tournament at the very least, and probably be fined. If he's lucky, that'll be it.

if there's any means of applying a universal ban its coming to him and he'll miss first half of the season
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #123: Jun 24, 2014 08:49:41 pm
      Seriously that cant be defended in any way shape or form.

Of course it can. Just look at how LFC fans are defending him in the World Cup thread. 

He is a Liverpool player. He can do what he wants. ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #124: Jun 24, 2014 08:49:44 pm
      seriously? if he played for anyone else you'd call him every name under the sun. he's a moron. f**k all this talk of can we keep him? do we want to keep him is the question?

He's not a moron. Zidane headbutted a few of players in his career. Wasn't calling him everything under the sun then and I'm not calling
      Suarez everything under the sun.

Like Zidane, you'd do anything to have Suarez in your team. You'd have to be some sort of idiot if you wanted him sold on for it. What are you - a Liverpool fan or a fan of PR?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #125: Jun 24, 2014 08:50:03 pm
      Its not the niciest thing to do ,;biting an opponent
        BUT
       the sh*t english media FORGOT  all about the disastrous roy's england performances and are making Luis's  biting incident thier prime news

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #126: Jun 24, 2014 08:51:19 pm
      Don't think it will change our stance on price mate.

I'm not so sure mate. Ian Ayre kept banging on about "damage to the brand" last time

While pleased Luis Suarez is back in action following a biting ban, Liverpool is still concerned about the damage the striker caused for the club’s brand globally.

The 10-match suspension for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a game in April came after Suarez had been banned for eight games after racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra in 2011.

“Any types of incident of that nature are damaging to a brand,” Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre said on Thursday.

And we all saw the reaction of those fair weather cu*ts at Standard Charter

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #127: Jun 24, 2014 08:52:17 pm
      Sorry - now I love Suarez at Liverpool but this is not a standalone incident and cannot be viewed as one...

3 Biting incidents
      1 Racial Abuse incident
      Head-butted a ref
      Punched a team mate
      Threw a punch against a player last month in a qualifier I recall (may be wrong)

Now, love him or hate him this is not an isolated incident by any stretch of the imagination...

Isolated INCIDENTS is what I said. And unlike you, I defended him on the racism scandal and had good reason to. Not all of us are whores to trial by media or the FA though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #128: Jun 24, 2014 08:53:10 pm
      “Any types of incident of that nature are damaging to a brand,”

Still grates me to this day, we are a football club, not a brand!!
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #129: Jun 24, 2014 08:54:18 pm
      Any claims that this is orchestrated to force a move is ludicrous. I can see him getting banned for the rest of the tournament for this and on top of that whammy, his marketing value has just plummeted.

A summer move looks dead in the water. Any potential bids are going to be significantly lower now, in the hope that we try and get rid of the player but I don't think Brendan of FSG will care less long term. Unless they have told him on no uncertain terms he's out if there is any more nonsense.

So we  now have to deal with the fallout from this which I think is going to roll and roll but I tell you one thing, what's more annoying than the recent transfer speculation is the sound of Alan Shearer and Robbie Savage now bleating on about how disgraceful he is.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #130: Jun 24, 2014 08:54:20 pm
      He's not a moron. Zidane headbutted a few of players in his career. Wasn't calling him everything under the sun then and I'm not calling
      Suarez everything under the sun.

Like Zidane, you'd do anything to have Suarez in your team. You'd have to be some sort of idiot if you wanted him sold on for it. What are you - a Liverpool fan or a fan of PR?

The Zidane reference is completely different on a whole number of levels, not least because Materazzi called his sister a whore or something like that.. I'd have butted him as well. Luis has done this 3!!!!!!!!!! times largely unprovoked and has now exposed LFC to a complete shitstorm when we should be looking forward to a new season. He's fu**ed us, his country and himself and will still probably have the temerity to shake the boat and force a move way he did last year. As supreme and brilliant a player he is I wash my hands
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #131: Jun 24, 2014 08:54:43 pm

So you don't want Suarez in our team?

Okay, well when he is banging in the goals for us next season again then I don't expect you to be celebrating at all or praising him or anything. Bet you will though, it's amazing how quickly people come down off their high horse.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #132: Jun 24, 2014 08:55:32 pm
      The Zidane reference is completely different on a whole number of levels, not least because Materazzi called his sister a whore or something like that.. I'd have butted him as well. Luis has done this 3!!!!!!!!!! times largely unprovoked and has now exposed LFC to a complete shitstorm when we should be looking forward to a new season. He's fu**ed us, his country and himself and will still probably have the temerity to shake the boat and force a move way he did last year. As supreme and brilliant a player he is I wash my hands

Zidane did similar things in Serie A for Juventus. Like Luis, he had history before he committed that particular incident you refer to.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #133: Jun 24, 2014 08:59:00 pm
      Zidane did similar things in Serie A for Juventus. Like Luis, he had history before he committed that particular incident you refer to.

A million players have done things no-one has ever f***in bit another player 3 times hes unparalleled in his savageness and downright stupidity. The whole build up to the season is now yet again clouded by this man. he's a great, phenomenal player but no player is bigger than the club. last straw for me I'd sell him tomorrow
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #134: Jun 24, 2014 09:02:12 pm
      Isolated INCIDENTS is what I said. And unlike you, I defended him on the racism scandal and had good reason to. Not all of us are whores to trial by media or the FA though.

Indeed, I too will defend Suarez (and have, however you seem to omit that) and do not believe a lot of the 'hype' about him - for you only need to go onto Twitter to see he is Enemy number 1 for most people.

However, how can you call his disciplinary record anything but abhorrent - he on average has a serious wobble a season that results in a ban. For us he has been banned for about 10 games since arriving for these Incidents. Seriously - its not 'trial by media & the FA' - the guy has some real problems... Can you name 1 other player out there that has done the same as him this many times!? I can only think of 2 players like this and they had tops 2 incidents - he has had 3 alone for biting...
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #135: Jun 24, 2014 09:05:47 pm
      So F***ing what! The club needs his talent. If he loafed a player 3 times it wouldn't be that bad? 70% of footballers are horrible cu*ts with no class in some form or another... this one is irreplaceable and the club will rise to the top with him and stay there when hes long gone.... Get another season outa the mad b***ard and see whats what then. We are at a crossroads right now... get rid and we fall, keep and we rise...

SIMPLES! Dont let the poxy media make a massive deal outta it. Its hardly like he killed someone.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #136: Jun 24, 2014 09:05:57 pm

I don't doubt that he's created a sh*t storm but you have to remember how precarious a point in our recovery we actually are. Even assuming we offloaded him for 60-70 million, name all the players you want to replace him and there's no guarantees they'll settle in, never mind be as prolific and you also have to remember that the current LFC side is built around servicing Suarez. Right now there are too many risks associated with us not having him at the club. It may all be a moot point anyway because we don't know what, if any, sanction FIFA will take. It might be anything from a three game ban to two year ban from World Football, both club and country. Instead of thinking in terms of do we want him, we need to be thinking in terms of we hope he gets off lightly. If he does, by the time the season starts this will probably have all blown over in the media anyway, especially if he starts the season for us in prolific form.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #137: Jun 24, 2014 09:08:37 pm
      I've been just as bad but just a reminder, this thread is for transfer related stuff, not any other incidents or the Suarez incident unless it is to do with his future. 3 or 4 different threads having the same thing discussed at the moment.

Cheers.

Quick Reply