Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 308991 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1012: Nov 01, 2015 12:31:32 am
      In fairness Dejan didn't put a foot wrong after he came on.  :f_whistle:  ;)

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1013: Nov 01, 2015 12:47:18 am
      He was a beast for the 3 mins..................
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #1014: Nov 01, 2015 02:10:56 am
      Has he been named our next captain yet?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1015: Nov 01, 2015 09:30:32 am
      Kolo is a legend and cult hero though.

For what though and with whom.

It isn't on the kop or for us!!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1016: Nov 21, 2015 07:54:25 pm
      He played well today. Hopefully he keeps it up, we'll need him with Sakho injured.
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #1017: Nov 21, 2015 08:01:32 pm
      Solid today, made alot of towering headers.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1018: Nov 21, 2015 08:10:08 pm
      Was a Rock today. Hopefully he got some confidence back, out of that performance.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1019: Nov 21, 2015 09:32:27 pm
      Yep, fully agree, another solid performance from Dejan
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1020: Nov 21, 2015 11:21:40 pm
      Played well today! Still a long way to go to make up for past performances but good start.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1021: Nov 22, 2015 09:23:58 am
      Yeh think its only fair to say how well he played yesterday, he had one moment where you thought, hope he sorts his head out after that and doesn't go into self destruct mode, but he seemed to pull himself straight back together and put in a great performance and look fairly solid.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1022: Nov 22, 2015 10:48:21 am
      Commanding performance from Dejan. Proves little really, everyone who has a clue knows he has the ability to be a top centre half. The true test is when he makes a mistake, does he return to gibbering wreck mode or does he stick his chest out and get on with things?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1023: Nov 23, 2015 09:00:24 pm
      Well played Dejan!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1024: Nov 24, 2015 01:45:03 pm
      whatever Jugen has put into the Tea at Melwood it is obviously working. Another player who looked favourite for the exit door now showing why he came here. I thought it was his best performance so far in a red shirt.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1025: Nov 24, 2015 02:18:12 pm
      He and Skrtel are a good source of goal threats off corners when they play together too. I know Dejan hasn't scored for us as yet that I can recall anyhow,  but he bagged a few for Southampton and often comes close for us too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1026: Nov 24, 2015 08:27:55 pm
      I know Dejan hasn't scored for us as yet that I can recall anyhow,  but he bagged a few for Southampton and often comes close for us too.

Scored against Swansea in the cup last season.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1027: Nov 24, 2015 08:31:30 pm
      I saw an interview from Jürgen where he talked about Lovren, saying he had "heard" about his problems before he came but that he was a monster in training and had played well since he came into the team. Now obviously we have one of the best man managers in the business at the helm so you have to take such things whilst holding the salt pot, but even so there's something in what he is saying.

The problem with Lovren is (or was hopefully) between his earholes, nothing more and nothing less. If he can take that collapse inward mode out of his mentality, then he has a chance. I must say though, even as being without question his biggest supporter on the forum I'm not sure he can.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1028: Nov 24, 2015 08:40:38 pm
      I saw an interview from Jürgen where he talked about Lovren, saying he had "heard" about his problems before he came but that he was a monster in training and had played well since he came into the team. Now obviously we have one of the best man managers in the business at the helm so you have to take such things whilst holding the salt pot, but even so there's something in what he is saying.

The problem with Lovren is (or was hopefully) between his earholes, nothing more and nothing less. If he can take that collapse inward mode out of his mentality, then he has a chance. I must say though, even as being without question his biggest supporter on the forum I'm not sure he can.

Get your point Mick but he also called Mignolet a great footballer or something along those lines. I think that salt pot needs to be held very close to some of the words he says because they're clearly there to build encouragement and confidence even if some of them are clearly a bit over emphasised.

I thought Lovren did fine against City but was still slightly at fault for a lack of reaction to the danger but it was a quality goal so I'm not going to be overly harsh on the lad, perhaps it just stings a little more that I had 4-0 and 5-0 to us  :f_wah:

Personally I'm waiting with real praise for when Lovren gets put under strong sustained pressure because I think that's when the problems come in his game and once one thing goes wrong it seems to have a prolonged effect on his confidence. If he can overcome it then there's no reason he can't fight for a place in the team but I think he's miles behind Sakho when both on form in either case. As it is now though we need Dejan to stay fit and bigging him up right now is definitely the right thing to do because like it or not we are heavily reliant on the fella, just hope he takes the chance he's been handed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1029: Nov 24, 2015 08:45:41 pm
      Get your point Mick but he also called Mignolet a great footballer or something along those lines.

Think he is still working on his English. The only explanation for such a statement.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1030: Nov 25, 2015 06:09:40 am
      Think he is still working on his English. The only explanation for such a statement.

Either that or he is a liar.  :f_whistle:
      willfc
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #1031: Nov 25, 2015 10:56:14 am
      Disappointed with him first season he had here, but do think he would come good, Klopp will get the best out of him! It's the new belief Klopp has given that has made these players believe, I just don't feel Brendan did that
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #1032: Nov 26, 2015 07:10:47 pm
      As it is now though we need Dejan to stay fit and bigging him up right now is definitely the right thing to do because like it or not we are heavily reliant on the fella, just hope he takes the chance he's been handed.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head.  Lets resist the temptation to vilify him WHEN he makes a mistake, for exactly the reason you stated.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1033: Nov 27, 2015 11:36:23 am
      How did he played against the Bordeaux?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1034: Nov 27, 2015 11:55:24 am
      How did he played against the Bordeaux?

He was fine but there again didn't have much to do as any attacks they launched were mostly on the other side and Clyne and kolo dealt with that comfortably.

Hopefully this is the start of his new career at LFC although I'm still not confident esp when the opposition run at him, that is a real weakness of his which hopefully Klopp will work on.

Quick Reply