Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528592 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #10465: Jan 02, 2017 10:04:05 pm
      Hand up, I take them for granted because they are a crap club managed by a crap manager. Yea it happens, but I'm going to have a moan when/if it does.

We seem to not be able to put away the minnows. Believe we've conceded more goals against the bottom 5 than top 8. Something not right about that.

Yet we're still second in the table

Moan
      Moan
      Moan

I think people think we should simply win every game we ever play
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #10466: Jan 02, 2017 10:07:03 pm
      Nothing to be disappointed in when you've just took 10 from 12 including games against City and Everton away with the last two games coming within two days.

Wonder if we flipped the City and Sunderland game days would people be so disappointed?

Either way you look at it mate to lose 2 pts to a sh*t team like Sunderland from a winning position with 2 pens conceded is disappointing and no sugar coating can disguise the fact why some posters are downbeat.

Smash the Mancs at OT and everything is rosy such is footie fans  ;)

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2017 10:32:18 pm by HScRed1 »
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #10467: Jan 02, 2017 10:30:06 pm
      Either way you look at it mate to lose against a sh*t team like Sunderland from a winning position with 2 pens conceded is disappointing and no sugar coating can disguise the fact why some posters are downbeat.

Did I miss something?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #10468: Jan 02, 2017 10:31:36 pm

Haha I meant to say to lose 2 pts.
      Well spotted mind.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10469: Jan 02, 2017 10:34:01 pm
      Either way you look at it mate to lose 2 pts to a sh*t team like Sunderland from a winning position with 2 pens conceded is disappointing and no sugar coating can disguise the fact why some posters are downbeat.

I'm quite liking the position we're in and the 10 from 12 over Chrimbo mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #10470: Jan 02, 2017 11:15:25 pm

Moan
      Moan
      Moan

Guilty as charged.

I thought Klopp was going to turn us into believers, if I don't believe we are going to win every game then he's not done his job?
      Kopite78
      Reply #10471: Jan 03, 2017 07:01:56 am
      Guilty as charged.

I thought Klopp was going to turn us into believers, if I don't believe we are going to win every game then he's not done his job?

If you think any team can win every game you're deluded mate

Soz like

Gaffer's doing a boss job for me
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10472: Jan 03, 2017 08:01:54 am
      Back on the subject of Klopp rather than moaning about a defeat, any one else think he could have rotated more today? Given the lack of time between the last two games, I was surprised how few changes he actually made. Personally I thought we should have approached the next two games with an almost entirely different team. That being said, this forum would melt with the pandamonium of a defeat because of a shadow team.  :laugh:

I think in hindsight Klopp and his team will be a bit annoyed that they didn't rotate more but they probably thought that Sunderland would park the bus and also be as if not more knackered than us, to easy assumptions to make but they both backfired. Even so we nearly won the game, you live and learn.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10473: Jan 03, 2017 08:04:26 am

Sunderland are 99% of the time a completely sh*t team, just look at the result against Burnley, but they are also the kind of team that when they get pumped up can be very dangerous, they have a good record against the big clubs, especially at home.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #10474: Jan 03, 2017 09:09:53 am
      Wanders in for a look post match......

Folks have lost their sh*t everywhere  :f_doh:

10 out of 12 over Xmas and 2nd in table at halfway.......

Wanders back out  :mad:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #10475: Jan 03, 2017 09:20:56 am

But isn't that the by-product of having a manager who has instilled that exact belief; a belief which 'we' moaned about as missing mate?

Can we really have that both ways - happy that we now have belief but... er?

The season before last, when we lost points at places like this, fans "moaned" too. Because, even then and even with a manager they had absolutely no faith in, they expected a win.

It follows therefore (to my simple mind anyhow) that it's even more reasonable to have high expectations, right now, under Jürgen.

Personally I expected us to beat a poor team, comfortably, under a boss who has me believing.

I hope that never changes.

Kopite78
      Reply #10476: Jan 03, 2017 09:38:20 am
      But isn't that the by-product of having a manager who has instilled that exact belief; a belief which 'we' moaned about as missing mate?

The season before last, when we lost points at places like this, fans "moaned" too. Because, even then and even with a manager they had absolutely no faith in, they expected a win.

It follows therefore (to my simple mind anyhow) that it's even more reasonable to have high expectations, right now, under Jürgen.

Personally I expected us to beat a poor team, comfortably, under a boss who has me believing.

What I mean is that it's fine to have that belief before every game,  I always do... But I don't get suicidal after if we don't as I'm not simple enough to think that a team will win every game it plays. . That's simply impossible

Disappointment is fine,  some of the reactions you'd think we were in the relegation mire not dropped our first points in 5

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10477: Jan 03, 2017 10:05:16 am
      What the F**k some of you moaning about?? F**k sake you can't win every match no matter how Well/bad you play. Klopp already turned your team into possible championship contenders with most of the team he inherited from Rodgers.

Klopp has all the qualities of Shanks & Paisley. I even spoke to a Everton fan last week who said! You simply have to love the man ( Klopp ) He has a contagious smile and the passion you love to see from a manager that's running your club.

If Mourhino wasn't at United Klopp would be my number 1 choice. F**k sake enjoy the man whilst he's here.

Rant over   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #10478: Jan 03, 2017 11:29:19 am

Moan
      Moan
      Moan

Or maybe after the game we can analyse, see where we went wrong and what we can do to improve perhaps? There is also that frustration which is all a bit familiar with supporting Liverpool where we constantly see us beating the top sides, winning the derby but then throwing points away in games you would expect us to win quite comfortably.

We should have seen the Bournemouth game out. We should have beaten West Ham. We should have won yesterday.  That would have given us an extra 7 points and we would be sitting top right now.

Your historic searches of Sunderland results are irrelevant. Yes the premier league is a tough division and anybody can beat anybody so they say, but on paper we should be beating a side like them every week and nobody will tell me any different. Our first 11 is much stronger than theirs and we have the best coach in the world. They have "The Chosen One".  We took the lead twice yesterday (like we took the lead against both Bournemouth and West Ham) but individual errors cost us again. Not only that, but we were slack on the ball, we weren't at our best going forward, we didn't create enough.  Tiredness certainly played a part, but yesterdays result/performance was still disappointing.

Just because we're flying and we're sitting nicely in 2nd at the moment doesn't mean we can't be disappointed with yesterdays game.
      Kopite78
      Reply #10479: Jan 03, 2017 11:40:02 am
      Or maybe after the game we can analyse, see where we went wrong and what we can do to improve perhaps? There is also that frustration which is all a bit familiar with supporting Liverpool where we constantly see us beating the top sides, winning the derby but then throwing points away in games you would expect us to win quite comfortably.

We should have seen the Bournemouth game out. We should have beaten West Ham. We should have won yesterday.  That would have given us an extra 7 points and we would be sitting top right now.

Your historic searches of Sunderland results are irrelevant. Yes the premier league is a tough division and anybody can beat anybody so they say, but on paper we should be beating a side like them every week and nobody will tell me any different. Our first 11 is much stronger than theirs and we have the best coach in the world. They have "The Chosen One".  We took the lead twice yesterday (like we took the lead against both Bournemouth and West Ham) but individual errors cost us again. Not only that, but we were slack on the ball, we weren't at our best going forward, we didn't create enough.  Tiredness certainly played a part, but yesterdays result/performance was still disappointing.

Just because we're flying and we're sitting nicely in 2nd at the moment doesn't mean we can't be disappointed with yesterdays game.

Mate I have no issue whatsoever with analysing after the match nor being gutted/upset/angry with the results,  my initial point (somewhat lost) is the reaction,  it goes from top of the world we are the greatest to such and such is f**king w*nk and we need to replace them this window... etc etc...   It's beyond analysis

As for the historic results of Sunderland, yes they have little or absolutely zero to do with yesterday but were there when it's said that we should batter them without breaking sweat that we aren't the first nor last to drop silly points anywhere or more significantly against Sunderland, they have somewhat of a record even in the last 3 seasons as a club of taking points from the big boys, so it's relevant to the extent of the overreaction to the result to which I was commenting. 
      There was little analysis of what and where it went wrong and that I don't understand personally

I'm gutted with yesterdays result personally, absolutely ruined mine and my boys day, but I read through the match thread and the reactions and sit shaking my head wondering about some of it, it's not analysis, either reasoned or passioned, it's teenage tantrums

We're meant to be knowledgeable,  we're meant to be cool as F**k
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #10480: Jan 03, 2017 11:45:41 am

Belief that we can win every game, not that we will win every game. People went into the Sunderland game with wholly unrealistic expectations, forgetting that fact we'd played only 44 hours or so before. "Oh it's Sunderland, we'll smash them aside on the way to the title". Klopp should have rotated more but hindsight is 20:20 and doing so guarantees no more success than the team he put out. We're capable of winning anyone but sometimes you need a little luck on your side too. Yesterday that was simply missing. If Karma has its way it'll balance out by the end of the season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #10481: Jan 03, 2017 11:53:07 am
      I get that some people's reactions are over the top, especially those that never post except for in match threads, but I do know that if we end up losing out on the title by 2 or 3 points, we will look back and shake our head at games like this one where we shouldn't have dropped any points. Chelsea is likely not going to give us much room for error so we have to have a laser focus in every game. It just wasn't there yesterday and that is infuriating.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #10482: Jan 03, 2017 11:59:16 am
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      Yes the premier league is a tough division and anybody can beat anybody so they say, but on paper we should be beating a side like them every week and nobody will tell me any different. Our first 11 is much stronger than theirs and we have the best coach in the world. They have "The Chosen One".

And that's irrelevant.

You're right we should be beating them on paper, but I will tell you different. Football is played on grass. I expected a difficult game up there. We have never thrashed Sunderland up there. We have rarely won comfortably there, and it's usually an unseemly scrap. Which it was again this time.

We have beaten plenty of plodders and  fodders this year. Hull, Watford, Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, West Brom, Everton. There's 8 of them for you, as well as competing and beating the top sides. 18 other sides have done worse than us, including bigger spenders. We've lost the same number of games as the only side above us, won in their backyard, and are comfortably in the Top 4, what's the panic?

Spurs beat Chelsea tomorrow, and this point can be seen in a very different context. Then the tune here will change.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #10483: Jan 03, 2017 12:23:19 pm
      And that's irrelevant.

You're right we should be beating them on paper, but I will tell you different. Football is played on grass. I expected a difficult game up there. We have never thrashed Sunderland up there. We have rarely won comfortably there, and it's usually an unseemly scrap. Which it was again this time.

We have beaten plenty of plodders and  fodders this year. Hull, Watford, Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, West Brom, Everton. There's 8 of them for you, as well as competing and beating the top sides. 18 other sides have done worse than us, including bigger spenders. We've lost the same number of games as the only side above us, won in their backyard, and are comfortably in the Top 4, what's the panic?

Spurs beat Chelsea tomorrow, and this point can be seen in a very different context. Then the tune here will change.

I expect any Liverpool team to beat any Sunderland team, despite form, despite historic results between the clubs, despite anything you want to pick or choose. We are better than them, we are far better than them actually so I expect to beat them each and every time we play them, so nobody will tell me any different. We are Liverpool, they are f**king Sunderland, its that simple really.

I couldn't give a tiny rats arse how they did against man city 4 years ago or how they did against man united 2 years ago. Our coach is better than theirs, our team is better than theirs, its a game we should be winning and certainly not a fixture we should be looking for excuses if we don't get maximum points which is what you seem to be doing. I never understand why fans do that. I don't understand why people can't accept we had a bad week and we played sh*t. Instead they waffle on about how many points we've picked up recently and how the future looks bright. That's great and everybody agrees as far as I can tell, but I'm talking about this one specific game.

Occasionally you come up against a team who are better than you on the day. Now that's football. When that happens, you have to take it on the chin and accept it. I've been at Anfield and clapped the opposition off many times when they've outplayed us and deserved their points. Yesterdays game wasn't one of those examples though. We beat ourselves. We were poor.

Sunderland weren't great, yes ok they put in a couple of strong challenges, ran a little bit and seemed 'up for it' at times, but they didn't create much, you could see just how poor of a side they are whenever they had the ball. Any other day we would have ripped them a new one and come away 5-0 winners there. But we were tired and sloppy. It was disappointing. There is nothing wrong with a fan admitting that.

Yes if spurs beat Chelsea you're right things will look better for us, but what if Chelsea win? And then what if the mancs beat us at OT? Potentially we could be 11 points behind Chelsea that week and the mancs could come within 2 of us. A scary thought.

We will know in a few weeks how poor of a result yesterday was. Hopefully we will get away with it but we might not.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #10484: Jan 03, 2017 12:26:58 pm
      What I mean is that it's fine to have that belief before every game,  I always do... But I don't get suicidal after if we don't as I'm not simple enough to think that a team will win every game it plays. . That's simply impossible

Disappointment is fine,  some of the reactions you'd think we were in the relegation mire not dropped our first points in 5

I get that buddy but (I guess) maybe different folk see those lost points differently.

For example (and only that) the dropped points, to someone who had their mind set on the league, will hit harder than dropped points to someone who's content with a top four finish.

Me? I've long since learned that I'm in control of only two things - my thoughts and my actions.

To that end I try not to get stressed but I do appreciate why some do. Especially if, rightly or wrongly, they see another title slipping away.

I guess (of the back of a poor result, at a sh*t team) what they are really questioning is: can Jürgen really wring enough, out of the team (as it stands), to make up the difference with Chelsea?

Listen, such is our delicate nature, a Spurs Chelsea nil all draw will lift the spirts again. 😉

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #10485: Jan 03, 2017 12:34:06 pm

Agree with all that BBB.

I still think we're on track for a helluva season and believe the Chavs will come back.

Their run is outstanding and obviously unsustainable so.......personally I'm gonna keep looking at the positives and believe things will change in our favour.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #10486: Jan 03, 2017 12:37:59 pm
      Subject Re Jürgen Klopp ,currently reading his biography,quote,Jürgen Klopp is the man who single/handedly overthrew the accepted order in German football taking Dortmund from nowhere to the champions league final .Revered as a master strategist . Klopp is loved by his players for his passion and man managment skills and adored by the fans ,for his wit, self believe and exciting football he produces on the pitch.Now tasked with bringing back the glory days to Liverpool  .       

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #10487: Jan 03, 2017 12:57:32 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      I expect any Liverpool team to beat any Sunderland team, despite form, despite historic results between the clubs, despite anything you want to pick or choose. We are better than them, we are far better than them actually so I expect to beat them each and every time we play them, so nobody will tell me any different. We are Liverpool, they are f**king Sunderland, its that simple really.

I couldn't give a tiny rats arse how they did against man city 4 years ago or how they did against man united 2 years ago. Our coach is better than theirs, our team is better than theirs, its a game we should be winning and certainly not a fixture we should be looking for excuses if we don't get maximum points which is what you seem to be doing. I never understand why fans do that. I don't understand why people can't accept we had a bad week and we played sh*t. Instead they waffle on about how many points we've picked up recently and how the future looks bright. That's great and everybody agrees as far as I can tell, but I'm talking about this one specific game.

Occasionally you come up against a team who are better than you on the day. Now that's football. When that happens, you have to take it on the chin and accept it. I've been at Anfield and clapped the opposition off many times when they've outplayed us and deserved their points. Yesterdays game wasn't one of those examples though. We beat ourselves. We were poor.

Sunderland weren't great, yes ok they put in a couple of strong challenges, ran a little bit and seemed 'up for it' at times, but they didn't create much, you could see just how poor of a side they are whenever they had the ball. Any other day we would have ripped them a new one and come away 5-0 winners there. But we were tired and sloppy. It was disappointing. There is nothing wrong with a fan admitting that.

Yes if spurs beat Chelsea you're right things will look better for us, but what if Chelsea win? And then what if the mancs beat us at OT? Potentially we could be 11 points behind Chelsea that week and the mancs could come within 2 of us. A scary thought.

We will know in a few weeks how poor of a result yesterday was. Hopefully we will get away with it but we might not.

Assuming you were there when we played them at home, as I was, you'll remember how long it took and how difficult it was to beat them at home, and that was with 7 days preparation for it. So you should have been prepared for another scrap up there yesterday. I was anyway.

I know we're better than them, but the record books prove it is a hard place for us to go and run riot. We went there in 2002, lost, and they didn't win another top flight home game for 3.5 years. Last year we nicked a win in another scrap, and posters here were not satisfied with that either. They put 10 men behind the ball, and they battle and they scrap and they frustrate, and it's ugly to watch. Then they have a homer of a ref who gives two joke decisions for them to get a point out of it. So even though we have shots on goal every 5 minutes, its not enough.

If Chelsea win tomorrow, then we've two more points to recover from 54 available. If they only get a point, it's as you were. They're not going to win all 54 of them. We just have to keep plugging away at them and take advantage when they hit a banana skin.

Quick Reply