Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC

Read 50455 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #69: Apr 22, 2016 08:46:29 am

Indeed mate... and let's be brutally honest as far as multitasking goes; discussing Jürgen, the team and this isn't exactly taxing. Most of us will be able to manage it just fine.  ;D

It is a tad insulting to assume that most international Reds won't be familiar with or care about his back story. The appointment is a weird one and worthy of debate alright.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #70: Apr 22, 2016 09:06:08 am
      Indeed mate... and let's be brutally honest as far as multitasking goes; discussing Jürgen, the team and this isn't exactly taxing. Most of us will be able to manage it just fine.  ;D

It is a tad insulting to assume that most international Reds won't be familiar with or care about his back story. The appointment is a weird one and worthy of debate alright.

Simple facht is mate, someone high up sanctioned this appointment, whether it came from Boston or wherever it's irrelevant, the point being they very clearly didn't do it due diligence,
      It matters very little which position you hold at LFC, if your the tea lady or CEO you represent the face of the club,

Owen disrespected the club and the fans by signing for one of our biggest rivals with little thought to what that would mean to those who supported him whilst at LFC,

I would doubt that anything will change and Owen will remain,however,it should be made known to those that appointed him that they have scored a massive own goal,

and if that's not worthy of debate then I'm fu**ed if I know what is!

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #71: Apr 22, 2016 09:41:46 am

Simple facht is mate, someone high up sanctioned this appointment, whether it came from Boston or wherever it's irrelevant, the point being they very clearly didn't do it due diligence,
      It matters very little which position you hold at LFC, if your the tea lady or CEO you represent the face of the club,

Owen disrespected the club and the fans by signing for one of our biggest rivals with little thought to what that would mean to those who supported him whilst at LFC,

I would doubt that anything will change and Owen will remain,however,it should be made known to those that appointed him that they have scored a massive own goal,

and if that's not worthy of debate then I'm fu**ed if I know what is!

YNWA

I think the biggest disrespect was telling us all season he would sign a new contract and then running the contract down so Real Madrid could sign him for a lousy 8 million quid.When Real tired of him after one season he signed for Newcastle after giving RAFA the run around.Then the biggest shame of all he signed for Manure and has continued to criticise us in the media.How the hell can he be an ambassador for our club when he has not got an ounce of respect for or from our supporters.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016 10:03:10 am by Billy1 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4929 
      Reply #72: Apr 22, 2016 09:47:12 am

Indeed mate.

Appointing him shows a level of disregard to what the fans think and as someone said above its not as if were short of high profile ex players who they could have picked.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #73: Apr 22, 2016 09:59:07 am
      We're not lacking legends that can very well fit the role, we choose a F***ing traitor and a stupid person all-around. I still hate him, and not only for joining the scum, but his overall atittude is wrong. I still remember how he mocked that 13-year old GK.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #74: Apr 22, 2016 10:04:58 am
      Little shitbag shouldnt be let within 50 miles of this club
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #75: Apr 22, 2016 10:05:32 am
      His wages are very reasonable

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #76: Apr 22, 2016 10:12:27 am
      Titi Camara would have been a better choice or even Abel Xavier...

Just what Micky brings to the club in this role is beyond me.....
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #77: Apr 22, 2016 10:15:06 am
      On a serious note,....WTF?

The suits have probably gone for him as he is well known aboard, and is still perceived as a LFC "icon" in the commercial sense.

This is the only reason I can fathom, obviously they have not included ant grass roots fan in this decision, after all it is 'international' and not local ambassador.

On a side note, I did not realise we had a fan club in Outer Mongolia.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #78: Apr 22, 2016 10:37:14 am
       :mad: :mad: :mad: :f_steam:

:action-smiley-060:
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016 12:36:39 pm by zz19a »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #79: Apr 22, 2016 10:44:04 am
      Alarming that we have people at the club who think this is a good appointment.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #80: Apr 22, 2016 10:51:44 am
      Not a clever appointment IMHO
      I would have thought more off him if he had declined the offer , far more suitable options out there.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016 11:03:02 am by Cad1875 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #81: Apr 22, 2016 11:15:35 am
      At this stage of the game such a decision from the club hierarchy is beyond puzzling, so much so the majority of supporters would totally ignore it condemning it as a manc wind-up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #82: Apr 22, 2016 11:22:43 am
      On a serious note,....WTF?

The suits have probably gone for him as he is well known aboard, and is still perceived as a LFC "icon" in the commercial sense.

WTF indeed.
      The ''suits'' are not deserving of that status if there is any truth to this statement, it would be a back to square one with the American divide as wide as ever.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #83: Apr 22, 2016 11:30:33 am
      After Huyton Red's excellent OP for the Derby game I'm interested to see what his choice words might be for this :D (I'd advise Riba not to read it!)

I thought the little sh*t was a F***ing blue. Honestly had no idea about this.

He'll be boring the death out of potential sponsors then.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #84: Apr 22, 2016 11:32:14 am
      Seriously????? What are they smoking?

Cant think if anyone less suited for the job. His elocuence is on par with a chimp, hes a traitor, made a career out of taking cheap shots at us, and pretty sure no liverpool fan likes him.

"Contrast that with the reaction of Michael Owen, who blew kisses to Manchester United's away support and reached for the badge on his shirt following his first goal for the club."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/football-opinion/michael-owens-over-zealous-celebration-against-3374082

F**k off to the toilet you little sh*t

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #85: Apr 22, 2016 11:36:22 am
      I can forgive him playing for United. For me it is a non issue... What I cannot square is his constant anti Liverpool rhetoric and basis in commentary in matches featuring LFC... This is, If true a own goal for the owners FSG and I am sure The LFC faithful will let the owners and Club know there displeasure at Owen's appointment
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #86: Apr 22, 2016 11:38:59 am
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #87: Apr 22, 2016 11:46:44 am
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #88: Apr 22, 2016 11:50:32 am
      Personally don't care he played for Ushited. Though it was a pretty crap spell for him there.
      It was the way he left us, got too big for his boots. Went to Madrid to be a 'galactico' .. oooOOO ... ended up a bit part player.
      Seemed to be more about the money and status for him.  And is a crap commentator now.
      Might be harsh, cause he was excellent for us for a spell, but just left a bad taste.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #89: Apr 22, 2016 11:54:46 am
      One of the most eloquent pundit:

"That’s simple as…simple."

"To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game."

"It's a good run, but it's a poor run, if you know what I mean?"

"When they don’t score they hardly ever win."

"Alderweireld played really well last year for Tottenham, let's hope he can transfer that form to Spurs this season."

"You’re on your own out there with ten mates."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #90: Apr 22, 2016 11:58:55 am

He's always been about flashing the cash.

I thought for a moment that he was roleplaying Microsoft Flight Simulator. Bet he's the type who gets pissed off when you adjust the settings to take a Boeing 747 on the shortest flight in the world.

He's just not the most interesting of personalities. He has very little interest beyond horses. Didn't he say he'd only ever watched 7 films? That's why I find it strange that he is a commentator these days given my belief that despite being a football player he was, apart from scoring goals, never really interested in anything else like club history, supporters, other players etc. Maybe that's what made him so cool in front of goal, in that he didn't recognise the pressures and all that which come with playing in front of the Kop week in week out or taking a penalty in a shootout for England.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #91: Apr 22, 2016 12:07:25 pm
      Personally don't care he played for Ushited. Though it was a pretty crap spell for him there.
      It was the way he left us, got too big for his boots. Went to Madrid to be a 'galactico' .. oooOOO ... ended up a bit part player.
      Seemed to be more about the money and status for him.  And is a crap commentator now.
      Might be harsh, cause he was excellent for us for a spell, but just left a bad taste.

To be fair mate, it was Rafa that made the decision to sell Owen it wasn't Owen's decision, as Rafa stated in his book.

Personally couldn't care less about Owen, he lost all my respect when he signed for the mancs even if he was "desperate" for a club.

Quick Reply