Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Sakho fails drug test - Update: Case dropped by UEFA

Read 48294 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Sakho fails drug test
      Reply #368: May 26, 2016 06:20:21 pm
      For a good reason. Mama is one of us.

Indeed. Yes he fu**ed up, but just look at all the community service work he does around Liverpool. He's a good guy and he seems wholeheartedly committed to LFC -- cut from the same mold as Danny Agger was, so I hope to see him back in a red shirt before too long.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2951102/Mamadou-Sakho-painter-Liverpool-defender-volunteers-involved-local-charity-helps-restore-house.html

http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2015/12/16/10227084/mamadou-sakho-remains-gods-greatest-gift-and-other-feel-good-stuff
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #369: May 26, 2016 06:23:18 pm

we stick by those who stick with us he will not getting any problems in Liverpool he made a mistake he will not do it again.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #370: May 26, 2016 06:57:45 pm
      Any ban over 12 months and I think Sakho will be gone. Any ban up to 12 months and I think he will stay.

I think he will get 12 months reduced on appeal to maybe 9 months which should see him back at around Christmas with time served.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #371: May 26, 2016 07:04:13 pm

Good soundbite no doubt, but so is every player at the club. Not many would have got off so lightly.

Personally not one for throwing players under a bus but the guy has been cheating.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #372: May 26, 2016 07:18:12 pm
      I don't like the timing of this, creeping up to the Euros so they can highlight how much the UEFA family clamp down on this kind of stuff.

F***ing useless wannabe Mafioso cu*ts.

It's about time they started clamping down on their own sh*t.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #373: May 26, 2016 07:25:46 pm
      The guy has got off very lightly with the fans, but hopefully the club deal with him properly. If the ban is 6 months then that should be 6 months without pay. Any longer than that i'm sure the club will look to protect themselves from his ever decreasing transfer value.

He's really fu**ed up. Uefa likely will make an example out of him. The club might do the exact same thing.

Very stupid, he let us down. I'm completely against drugs. But if he takes the punishment meted out, I'd expect him to atone by playing out of his skin.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #374: May 26, 2016 08:09:23 pm
      The guy has got off very lightly with the fans, but hopefully the club deal with him properly. If the ban is 6 months then that should be 6 months without pay. Any longer than that i'm sure the club will look to protect themselves from his ever decreasing transfer value.

He's really fu**ed up. Uefa likely will make an example out of him. The club might do the exact same thing.

I think they'll have grounds for dismissal and would pursue such if it's a two year ban and frankly, who could blame them. It would, I'm sure, constitute gross misconduct. We can't pay the wages of someone banned for two years. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #375: May 26, 2016 08:40:28 pm
      I think they'll have grounds for dismissal and would pursue such if it's a two year ban and frankly, who could blame them. It would, I'm sure, constitute gross misconduct. We can't pay the wages of someone banned for two years. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though.

I think so too mate, and if it was a 2 year ban, then how long would that leave on his contract? Nobody would buy him until the ban were up, so a year at best I would say. He'd end up being worth about £5m in the transfer market.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #376: May 26, 2016 08:48:49 pm
      Any other employment and he would be sacked end of . I like Sakho but hes dropped a boxxock and needs to  face the consequences.
      Kopite78
      Reply #377: May 26, 2016 08:53:13 pm
      Any other employment and he would be sacked end of . I like Sakho but hes dropped a boxxock and needs to  face the consequences.

He would but with normal jobs you aren't your employers commodity.
      It will depend on the length of the ban.. Six-nine months... Probably up to a year then he's worth too much to the club to sack him, he will get a hefty fine from the club. But his value doesn't drop massively over that period and he's worth too much to the club to sack.

If it's say two years, paying him nearly 10m in wages during that time and he then goes into the later stages of his contract so his value is far lower? Yes they would likely sack him due to gross misconduct
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #378: May 26, 2016 09:01:09 pm

Got off lightly? F***ing hell, he took weight loss pills, hardly the crime of the century, and suddenly we should be treating him like Lance Armstrong?

The hyperbole of some with regards to this is unbelievable. He's made a mistake and he will have to face the consequences. End of story - there's nothing malicious in this at all.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #379: May 26, 2016 09:05:54 pm
      Got off lightly? F***ing hell, he took weight loss pills, hardly the crime of the century, and suddenly we should be treating him like Lance Armstrong?

The hyperbole of some with regards to this is unbelievable. He's made a mistake and he will have to face the consequences. End of story - there's nothing malicious in this at all.

Weight loss pills were masking agents?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #380: May 26, 2016 09:10:32 pm

We don't know.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #381: May 26, 2016 09:11:46 pm

That is generally the consensus with most athletes in terms of positive findings for other banned substances...Not going to say Mama did that but since he has been here I have never looked at him and said geez he needs to lose a little weight, if anything I was more inclined to think he could put on 10-15 pounds and bulk up a little.

There was a report about him last fall when Rodgers was not happy with his fitness (thus he was not playing)...all of a sudden he comes back like banshee...I will give him the benefit of the doubt but regardless the pills we know he did take were banned and as a professional athlete he damn sure should have checked with the trainers to make sure it was OK before he took them.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #382: May 26, 2016 09:16:08 pm

Slippery slope for me. It's not just about Sakho, it's the good of the game. Professional sports people have to know what they can and can't put in their bodies. Don't want footy going the way of cycling, junkies on bikes, a discredited sport.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #383: May 26, 2016 09:35:07 pm
      What he did was wrong, he knows it and we know it but he'll serve his time and come back stronger or we sack Jim, either way the club continues.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #384: May 26, 2016 09:37:40 pm
      What he did was wrong, he knows it and we know it but he'll serve his time and come back stronger or we sack Jim, either way the club continues.

We can't sack Jim, he didn't fail the drugs test. :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #385: May 26, 2016 09:41:15 pm
      We can't sack Jim, he didn't fail the drugs test. :D

Let's sack him anyway, he sounds sh*t.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #386: May 26, 2016 09:42:03 pm

You do realise football isn't a normal job, right?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #387: May 26, 2016 09:49:27 pm
      You do realise football isn't a normal job, right?

Yeah, you just need to sign you contract, show up when your supposed to and not take banned substances...a pro footballer can retire at 35 and be good the rest of his life if he does it right, the rest of us end up working 40-50 years and still don't have what these guys have.

He screwed up...not asking if it was OK to take when the list of banned substances has been there...its not rocket science.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #388: May 26, 2016 10:08:45 pm

He's going to be banned for a minimum of 6 months. Weight loss pills are on the banned list for a reason and he's taken them for a reason. He's getting an advantage taking them.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #389: May 27, 2016 07:56:49 am
      Presumably something will have to happen soon as his provisional 30 day ban runs out today or tomorrow.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #390: May 27, 2016 09:23:00 am

It's about time they started clamping down on their own sh*t.

Only he knows how he got into this situation I doubt the pills where used to mask any other drug he looks fit as a butchers dog and just paranoid about his weight. I think being as light as he can possibly be without losing strength is important so he can jump as high as possible.

Quick Reply