Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Sakho fails drug test - Update: Case dropped by UEFA

Read 48500 times
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Re: Sakho fails drug test
      Reply #345: May 17, 2016 05:50:19 pm
      when does he 30 days UEFA suspension end?

and when do they make the final decision on how long he'll be banned for?

if it's 6 months then surely he's be back playing in October.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #346: May 17, 2016 05:54:28 pm
      I think they'll hit him hard and wouldn't be surprised at 1 year to 18 months.
      Not sure we'll see him in a Liverpool shirt again, and if he has been blatantly taking banned drugs and then trying to mask it, I'm not sure I want to see him in a Liverpool shirt again to be honest.

Have to agree with that .
      Not a fan of him anyways.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 536 
      Reply #347: May 17, 2016 06:22:46 pm
      I think they'll hit him hard and wouldn't be surprised at 1 year to 18 months.
      Not sure we'll see him in a Liverpool shirt again, and if he has been blatantly taking banned drugs and then trying to mask it, I'm not sure I want to see him in a Liverpool shirt again to be honest.

That would be ridiculously harsh.

Didnt Kolo get done for the same thing and get 6 months?

Doping in football is going to be absolutely rife I imagine. So many of the top players will have done it. There's a couple I can think of straight away that I would be testing - guys that are just faster and stronger than seems naturally viable to me.

Sakho is just one of the ones that got caught. 6 months would be about right imo.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #348: May 17, 2016 08:59:52 pm
      think Rafa could have used some of his stuff to avoid the "fat Spanish waiter "jibes. I still think with missing the final and the Euros 6 months is punishment enough.

The way FIFA and UEFA lie, cheat, and embezzle this is a misdemeanor in comparison.....   >:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,821 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #349: May 18, 2016 12:34:42 am
      This has to be one of the best Banners. Going to be looking for this one in the crowd at Basel.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #350: May 25, 2016 12:45:50 pm
      Uefa to hold hearing into Mamadou Sakho’s failed drug test for Liverpool

• Defender likely to discover next week if he must serve lengthy ban
      • Suspension may have an impact on Jürgen Klopp’s transfer plans

Uefa will hold a disciplinary hearing into Mamadou Sakho’s failed drugs test on Thursday, with the Liverpool defender likely to discover next week whether he must serve a lengthy suspension from the game.

The France international is serving a 30-day worldwide ban for failing a drugs test taken after Liverpool’s Europa League tie at Manchester United on 17 March. Sakho accepted the findings, opting not to have the results of his B sample tested, and reports in France have claimed it was a fat-burning substance that breached anti-doping regulations.

Uefa’s control, ethics and disciplinary body has been investigating Sakho’s failed test for the past month, and considering his explanation for it, and are scheduled to discuss possible sanctions on Thursday. The 26-year-old, who made 34 appearances for Liverpool this season and was in fine form before the results of the failed test were announced, could be banned for between six months and two years. His provisional 30-day suspension expires on Saturday.

The Liverpool hierarchy and the manager, Jürgen Klopp, decided not to consider the £19m defender for selection after the A sample results were confirmed prior to the Premier League game against Newcastle United on 23 April. Sakho missed eight games in total as a result of Liverpool’s action and the provisional suspension imposed by Uefa, including the Europa League final defeat by Sevilla last week.

Sakho’s acceptance of the A sample results hastened the disciplinary process and will mean any suspension imposed will start earlier than if he had challenged the findings. The breach has cost the former Paris Saint-Germain player his place in the France squad for the European Championship being staged on home soil this summer. A lengthy suspension may also have an impact on Klopp’s transfer plans, with the Liverpool manager looking for defensive recruits in addition to Joel Matip, the Cameroon international centre-half signed on a free transfer after his contract expired at Schalke.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/24/uefa-hearing-mamadou-sakho-failed-drug-test-liverpool?CMP=share_btn_tw
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #351: May 25, 2016 12:54:45 pm
      Uefa to hold hearing into Mamadou Sakho’s failed drug test for Liverpool

I hope UEFA take into account what his ban has already cost him... Euro championship and Europa cup final.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #352: May 25, 2016 01:06:01 pm
      I hope UEFA take into account what his ban has already cost him... Euro championship and Europa cup final.

Oh sure don't you know they won't.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #353: May 25, 2016 01:17:34 pm

his problem is he plays for Liverpool and we keep getting under the skin of UEFA.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #354: May 25, 2016 02:22:14 pm
      Rumours its going to be 6 month, was going to be a year, but they took admittance and the fact he missed a European final and will miss the Euros into consideration.

Pinch of salt as from facebook
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,289 posts | 4938 
      Reply #355: May 25, 2016 02:31:39 pm
      Rumours its going to be 6 month, was going to be a year, but they took admittance and the fact he missed a European final and will miss the Euros into consideration.

Pinch of salt as from facebook

Would that be 6 months from his initial ban Daz or a further 6 months from whenever the decision is made?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #356: May 25, 2016 02:37:57 pm
      Would that be 6 months from his initial ban Daz or a further 6 months from whenever the decision is made?

I'd imagine starting from his 30 day ban mate.

As I said pinch of salt tho, you know what they are like on facebook for likes.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #357: May 26, 2016 02:08:39 pm
      https://twitter.com/Kloppholic/status/735819453687070721

:o What the F**k? Maybe it's not 6 months? Maybe it is and that's enough to sack him?

Wow.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #358: May 26, 2016 02:14:35 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #359: May 26, 2016 02:14:49 pm
      https://twitter.com/Kloppholic/status/735819453687070721

:o What the F**k? Maybe it's not 6 months? Maybe it is and that's enough to sack him?

Wow.

It'd be stupid to sack an £18m centre back who faces 6 months out. Should just not pay him. If it's touching around 18 months, then maybe look to get rid.

Edit: Haven't proceedings only just begun anyway? Not sure why FSG would sack him so soon into it before his punishment has been handed down from UEFA.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #360: May 26, 2016 02:21:01 pm
      It'd be stupid to sack an £18m centre back who faces 6 months out. Should just not pay him. If it's touching around 18 months, then maybe look to get rid.

Edit: Haven't proceedings only just begun anyway? Not sure why FSG would sack him so soon into it before his punishment has been handed down from UEFA.

Both of your points are questions i'm asking myself, too. UEFA haven't even made a decision but two Twitter accounts who don't spew anything are saying this.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #361: May 26, 2016 02:23:38 pm
      Both of your points are questions i'm asking myself, too. UEFA haven't even made a decision but two Twitter accounts who don't spew anything are saying this.

Until we hear from UEFA he won't be going anywhere IMO. What if he only gets 3 months? That takes him to the start of the season. I know it won't be 3 months but just trying to make a point.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #362: May 26, 2016 02:26:08 pm
      Until we hear from UEFA he won't be going anywhere IMO. What if he only gets 3 months? That takes him to the start of the season. I know it won't be 3 months but just trying to make a point.

Would appear this is why all the rumours are coming out of the woodwork:

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  7m7 minutes ago
      UEFA are holding a disciplinary hearing into Sakho’s failed drugs test today but he is likely to discover his fate next week. #lfc

I very much doubt if the hearing is only today that a judgement has been made so there's absolutely no opportunity for us to get the inside track on how long his suspension would be. There's no way that if the ban were 6 months only that we'd sack him, as you suggest it would make no financial sense and we know how much the ££££s mean to our owners.

I call bullshit on this one.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #363: May 26, 2016 02:26:15 pm

Agree mate it all seems odd.

I still think he'll be back no later than January - worst case scenario. For the club to sack him would be a massive call given we wouldn't recoup from him what we would make by keeping him and selling to another club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #364: May 26, 2016 02:39:59 pm
      Aren't these all the same Twitter beauts who thought Gotze was signed, sealed and delivered!

Just wait and see.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #365: May 26, 2016 02:41:46 pm
      I'd be amazed if we sacked him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #366: May 26, 2016 05:19:52 pm
      The guy has got off very lightly with the fans, but hopefully the club deal with him properly. If the ban is 6 months then that should be 6 months without pay. Any longer than that i'm sure the club will look to protect themselves from his ever decreasing transfer value.

He's really fu**ed up. Uefa likely will make an example out of him. The club might do the exact same thing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #367: May 26, 2016 05:28:33 pm
      The guy has got off very lightly with the fans,

For a good reason. Mama is one of us.

Quick Reply