Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Firmino facing drink-driving charge

Read 12486 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Firmino facing drink-driving charge
      Reply #23: Dec 26, 2016 05:44:53 pm
      Newsflash, humans are human and therefore do human things. Not a smart thing to do in any regards, lucky no one was injured. Hope he's punished accordingly and doesn't do something so stupid anymore.

Agree.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #24: Dec 26, 2016 06:45:08 pm
      Love him as a player, but needs a serious talking to.
      Regardless if no one was injured, what a reckless thing to do.
      Hope Klopp batters him.
      No excuses.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #25: Dec 26, 2016 07:11:32 pm
      No, he should not be dropped. He did nothing against the club. He should be banned from driving and fined nothing more.
      Everything he does or says while he is a LFC player is involving the club. We still don't know the full details so let's not hang him yet. Wait till we have all the facts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Dec 26, 2016 08:45:53 pm
      We don't know the details fully. Could it have been driving the next day and he was still 'over'. Willing to wait for the details on this one.

Whatever way you cut it he was over the limit which is F***ing stupid, especially with the money he's on.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Dec 26, 2016 09:26:42 pm
      Silly boy, and he is a role model whether he likes it or not, but we all make mistakes, and nobody was hurt. Personally wouldn't drop him for next game, but down to the club to decide.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Dec 26, 2016 09:52:13 pm
      Silly boy, and he is a role model whether he likes it or not, but we all make mistakes, and nobody was hurt. Personally wouldn't drop him for next game, but down to the club to decide.

Is Right.

Bad Bobby .

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #29: Dec 26, 2016 10:10:30 pm
      Probably some blue nose rozzer... :-\
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #30: Dec 26, 2016 10:43:47 pm
      Whatever way you cut it he was over the limit which is F***ing stupid, especially with the money he's on.

Can't argue there.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Dec 27, 2016 01:16:45 am
      No, he should not be dropped. He did nothing against the club. He should be banned from driving and fined nothing more.

Absolutely not.

After the amount of people I have seen affected by drink driving I'd hate for him to do it and walk back in the side.

Like RP said he needs to now promote what he did as extremely dangerous and educate others.

I don't really care how much alcohol was in his system, either. The fact is he was under the influence enough to be charged and that is shameful.

He can't do that and then come back and put our shirt on and represent us after that immediately.

It may cost us points but there's more important things than winning one or two games of football.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32: Dec 27, 2016 03:31:14 am
      Absolutely not.

After the amount of people I have seen affected by drink driving I'd hate for him to do it and walk back in the side.

Like RP said he needs to now promote what he did as extremely dangerous and educate others.

I don't really care how much alcohol was in his system, either. The fact is he was under the influence enough to be charged and that is shameful.

He can't do that and then come back and put our shirt on and represent us after that immediately.

It may cost us points but there's more important things than winning one or two games of football.

He'll get his just-deserts from the law and that's it. He doesn't need 'punishing' twice for this.

Like most others in society he should be able to continue his job without moral mob lynchers brow-beating him.

If Klopp decides to play him or not, that is down to him. But I certainly won't begrudge Firmino game time over this.

Should a nurse stop working because she was caught DD?

Same principle.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2016 04:59:24 am by Beerbelly »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #33: Dec 27, 2016 06:50:59 am
      He'll get his just-deserts from the law and that's it. He doesn't need 'punishing' twice for this.

Like most others in society he should be able to continue his job without moral mob lynchers brow-beating him.

If Klopp decides to play him or not, that is down to him. But I certainly won't begrudge Firmino game time over this.

Should a nurse stop working because she was caught DD?

Same principle.

Do you get notifications when I post something and immediately take the opposite stance?

Over the past few years I've seen people's lives turned around because some fuckwit decided to drink and drive. Some had loved ones killed, some had relationships ruined and some thrown in jail. Simply letting someone off with a slap on the wrist and walking back in to a job where he's given everything on a silver platter would be lunacy in my eyes and downright irresponsible.

What's worse is I'm certain the club would offer some kind of taxi service for its players that he'd be able to call.

He's in the spotlight and can't expect to be treated like Johnny Commoner (who even could face work sanctions from their employer after something like this).

This coming from someone who loves Bob.

After what Klopp did to Reus for driving without a license, I hope he comes down even harder on Bob.

And F**k oath a nurse - A NURSE - shouldn't be allowed to walk back into their job if found of drink driving. Are you F***ing mad?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34: Dec 27, 2016 07:34:15 am
      While I think Firmino was silly driving while allegedly over the limit people should reflect on some of the silly things they have done in their younger years.I myself was done  d.i.c.40 years ago and learned my lesson  and there is no reason to think Firmino will not learn from this  as well.Also did not Jan Molby get into some trouble with the law because of the booze,now if my memory is not playing tricks I believe he came back stronger than ever.Kenny defended Jan 100%
        To those with the knives out for Firmino I say put the knives away and get behind the lad and the team and remember there for the grace of god go I,and I am not a religious person. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2016 08:22:25 am by Billy1 »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #35: Dec 27, 2016 07:59:23 am
      Do you get notifications when I post something and immediately take the opposite stance?

Over the past few years I've seen people's lives turned around because some fuckwit decided to drink and drive. Some had loved ones killed, some had relationships ruined and some thrown in jail. Simply letting someone off with a slap on the wrist and walking back in to a job where he's given everything on a silver platter would be lunacy in my eyes and downright irresponsible.

What's worse is I'm certain the club would offer some kind of taxi service for its players that he'd be able to call.

He's in the spotlight and can't expect to be treated like Johnny Commoner (who even could face work sanctions from their employer after something like this).

After what Klopp did to Reus for driving without a license, I hope he comes down even harder on Bob.

And f**k oath a nurse - A NURSE - shouldn't be allowed to walk back into their job if found of drink driving. Are you f**king mad?

No, so don't flatter yourself.

I know all to well about the horrors of DD, so there is no need to preach here.

But that is why we have a little thing known as the 'law', and it deals with illegal breaches like this.

I cannot stand this mob rule, verdict by internet where a person commits a crime and brow beaters like yourself feel the urge to punish people beyond the realms of the law.

And you think it's madness for a nurse to lose her job after DD, f**king hell, what is this, Big f**king Nanny or something. The law is their to punish people of their crimes, taking their livelihood away on top of that is f**king encroaching on civil liberties and utterly f**king backward in its thinking.

Firmino is a f**king prat, it's the law's job to hold him to account nobody else's. If Klopp feels he has to intervene well he could fine him, but leaving him out of the team to cut it's nose off to spite it's face is pointless IMO. At least, that fine could go to a charitable cause or something, sidelining him at this moment would achieve nothing other than hindering his job.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #36: Dec 27, 2016 08:09:11 am
      Lost a young nephew 3 years ago because of the actions of a drink driver... He's already out of jail...

No sympathy for Bobby, like a few of you have already pointed out, Taxi, Chauffer, I also have issue with those around him at the time,friends & family allowing Bobby to drive knowing he had a few tots...

Not only one of my favourites but my 3 young boys too,who keep asking will he go to jail, which won't happen but you can see how the young idolise the players...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Dec 27, 2016 08:34:31 am
      I cannot stand this mob rule, verdict by internet where a person commits a crime and brow beaters like yourself feel the urge to punish people beyond the realms of the law.

I'm not some random sitting from a moral high ground handing out sentences you cheeky tit.

I don't want someone who can influence people out there - young and old - to be putting on our shirt so soon after committing the dumbest possible offence imaginable.

And you think it's madness for a nurse to lose her job after DD, f**king hell, what is this, Big f**king Nanny or something. The law is their to punish people of their crimes, taking their livelihood away on top of that is f**king encroaching on civil liberties and utterly f**king backward in its thinking.

"Hi sir, this will be your nurse who was convicted of drink driving. He/she will be responsible for looking after you and ensuring your welfare."

No, thanks.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #38: Dec 27, 2016 08:53:07 am
      I'm not some random sitting from a moral high ground handing out sentences you cheeky tit.

I don't want someone who can influence people out there - young and old - to be putting on our shirt so soon after committing the dumbest possible offence imaginable.

"Hi sir, this will be your nurse who was convicted of drink driving. He/she will be responsible for looking after you and ensuring your welfare."

No, thanks.

You are a random though!

Maybe you can take her house off her, and her children off her for good measure.

Or maybe Firmino, like your nurse should never be allowed to play for the club again.

« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2016 09:07:47 am by Beerbelly »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #39: Dec 27, 2016 09:29:37 am
      You are a random though!

Maybe you can take her house off her, and her children off her for good measure.

Or maybe Firmino, like your nurse should never be allowed to play for the club again.

Poor drink driver can go and explain to someone's kid why their parent isn't coming home. Or why someone's child isn't coming home. Or why their friend can never walk again.

No sympathy for anyone that thinks having a drink and getting behind the wheel is a good idea. Anyone that does can go end themselves without harming anyone else for their stupidity.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: Dec 27, 2016 09:53:19 am

And F**k oath a nurse - A NURSE - shouldn't be allowed to walk back into their job if found of drink driving. Are you F***ing mad?

What exactly was Klopp's punishment for Reus? All I've seen people say about the situation is how Reus never got punished by him and kept his spot in the team but I've looked at some of the squad selections after the event and he wasn't in them for about 4-5 fixtures.

I've seen people make comments about possible imprisonment but that won't happen, the precedent has been set which means he'll get a fine, banned from driving for a period of time and maybe community service work. People like Clark Carlisle and Ray Wilkins have done far worse and on numerous occasions and only ever received that punishment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #41: Dec 27, 2016 10:02:13 am
      What exactly was Klopp's punishment for Reus? All I've seen people say about the situation is how Reus never got punished by him and kept his spot in the team but I've looked at some of the squad selections after the event and he wasn't in them for about 4-5 fixtures.

He was injured at the time hence no suspension. He didn't play for about 2 months.

Klopp supported his fine of €540k and he came out and said he was an idiot and deserved the fine but also that Klopp-style support for the man and said he's not a bad person.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #42: Dec 27, 2016 10:05:34 am
      His actions sure won't go down well with Jürgen Klopp. Although to drop him, not that will be likely, would penalise the team, rather than the player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Dec 27, 2016 10:16:06 am
      He was injured at the time hence no suspension. He didn't play for about 2 months.

Klopp supported his fine of €540k and he came out and said he was an idiot and deserved the fine but also that Klopp-style support for the man and said he's not a bad person.

I guess that explains his absence then. I definitely think we should adopt a fine system based on income. Some of the fines I've seen players get in the past over here are pathetic in comparison to what Reus got.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #44: Dec 27, 2016 11:06:15 am
      Oh to be living in the perfect world eh , where we never made mistakes , the fact is he's been and made one ,he will be seen to by the law and hopefully learns from his mistake no ones been hurt on this occasion which is the bonus , no need for a witch hunt on a player .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Dec 27, 2016 11:29:07 am
      The kid made a mistake. A F***ing daft mistake at that. The law will deal with it and I'm sure Jürgen will let Bobby know that better is expected of him.

If he doesn't do it again he will have learned from his mistake and that is all anyone can ask. To demand that we go all punitive on his ass smacks of a high level mental immaturity and/or playing to the gallery.

Put it behind you and move on Bobby.  8)

Quick Reply