Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Firmino facing drink-driving charge

Read 12488 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Firmino facing drink-driving charge
      Reply #46: Dec 27, 2016 11:48:39 am
      To demand that we go all punitive on his ass smacks of a high level mental immaturity and/or playing to the gallery.

Immaturity is treating this like his mistake only affects him.

Put it behind you and move on Bobby.  8)

No.

Remember the mistake and use it as a constant reminder as to how stupid he was and teach others.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #47: Dec 27, 2016 11:52:28 am
      You can't fine players who are on silly money for stupidity like this. How is that going to emphasise a point.
      Mandatory time with families impacted by traffic related tragedies or kids rehabilitating with life changing injuries should put the point across. No point dropping him from the team. He's a 25 year old bloke who needs to understand his actions off a football pitch should also ratify his exorbitant weekly wage (as should any other player in our squad be made to realize).
      This isn't a club, it's an institution.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Dec 27, 2016 11:55:36 am
      The kid made a mistake. A f**king daft mistake at that. The law will deal with it and I'm sure Jürgen will let Bobby know that better is expected of him.

If he doesn't do it again he will have learned from his mistake and that is all anyone can ask. To demand that we go all punitive on his ass smacks of a high level mental immaturity and/or playing to the gallery.

Yep. Kid made a mistake. Silly, particularly for someone like him with his profile. Attitudes to driving with beers on have changed massively over the years (for the better), but would say there is a generation on here who would be just thinking 'there but for the grace of God went I' and many many others.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #49: Dec 27, 2016 11:59:43 am
      Arse, but we have all done it
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #50: Dec 27, 2016 11:59:53 am
      Yep. Kid made a mistake. Silly, particularly for someone like him with his profile. Attitudes to driving with beers on have changed massively over the years (for the better), but would say there is a generation on here who would be just thinking 'there but for the grace of God went I' and many many others.
      You are right , I think that's why some claim the moral high ground and others look at the mistake for what it was .
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #51: Dec 27, 2016 12:17:58 pm
      The kid made a mistake. A f**king daft mistake at that. The law will deal with it and I'm sure Jürgen will let Bobby know that better is expected of him.

If he doesn't do it again he will have learned from his mistake and that is all anyone can ask. To demand that we go all punitive on his ass smacks of a high level mental immaturity and/or playing to the gallery.

Exactly, can't see what the confusion is myself. The law is quite clear, he'll lose his license and get a fine. If the law was "and the offender isn't allowed to continue to do his/her job anymore either" then naturally we'd have to drop him. As it isn't though, we don't.

Can never understand these hand wringers and do gooders who want to impose their own view of the world on everyone else, regardless of the law. If they wish to argue that sentences are too lenient (and in the case of DD I'd be in agreement) then that's a separate issue, but demanding that we impose our own sanctions on anyone who does wrong is just being silly.

In the past, what were we supposed to ban Glenn Johnson from going shopping in B & Q, demand Robbie Fowler tour the local schools educating kids that he was "only joking" about sniffing the touchline? Young men do stupid stuff (even old men do sometimes) and when they do really stupid stuff the law is there to deal with them. Only people who have never done stupid stuff before in their lives should be allowed to pontificate about "extra" punishments, and in my experience there aren't many of those over 18 years old.

On a separate note it might give Jürgen a good excuse to drop Bobby, he's been sh!te recently.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: Dec 27, 2016 12:29:46 pm
      How many units was he over ?

Was it 12 and he couldn't stand?, then he'd be a moron.

Was it 1 and he was perfectly coherent?, then it could have been an easy mistake.

Pleased some of you lads have never been my judge.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #53: Dec 27, 2016 12:46:15 pm
      God help him if Helen Mirren gets hold of him.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #54: Dec 27, 2016 12:46:21 pm
      I never understood why the law allows you to have 1 beer or 1/2 a glass of wine.   Seems pretty pointless.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #55: Dec 27, 2016 02:24:45 pm
      If I was a footballer I wouldn't be driving anywhere!

I never understood why the law allows you to have 1 beer or 1/2 a glass of wine.   Seems pretty pointless.

Agree.  Limit should, in my opinion, be a lot lower.  Remove the element of 'I can have one etc'. It's a dangerous game to play.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #56: Dec 27, 2016 02:51:57 pm
      Absolutely not.

After the amount of people I have seen affected by drink driving I'd hate for him to do it and walk back in the side.

Like RP said he needs to now promote what he did as extremely dangerous and educate others.

I don't really care how much alcohol was in his system, either. The fact is he was under the influence enough to be charged and that is shameful.

He can't do that and then come back and put our shirt on and represent us after that immediately.

It may cost us points but there's more important things than winning one or two games of football.

I totally disagree with you.

Imagine Suarez incidents, we suffered because he did it in our shirt, he was not taken in court and rightly so. Firmino did nothing against Liverpool so he needs to face his consequences in court not from Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Dec 27, 2016 05:14:30 pm
      I totally disagree with you.

Imagine Suarez incidents, we suffered because he did it in our shirt, he was not taken in court and rightly so. Firmino did nothing against Liverpool so he needs to face his consequences in court not from Liverpool.

Suarez was innocent and charged by the FA, not a court of law.

Having a 115 page report created by the FA despite being told by linguists they hired themselves he was not being offensive showed how much of a joke that was.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #58: Dec 27, 2016 07:15:52 pm
      Suarez was innocent and charged by the FA, not a court of law.

Having a 115 page report created by the FA despite being told by linguists they hired themselves he was not being offensive showed how much of a joke that was.

I love Suarez so much, but he was everything but innocent. Come on Crouchy.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #59: Dec 27, 2016 07:21:36 pm

You think he was being racist, then?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #60: Dec 27, 2016 07:24:17 pm
      You think he was being racist, then?

Yes, I think so. But was refering to Chelsea's incident, forgot Evra's incident.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #61: Dec 27, 2016 07:27:44 pm
      Yes, I think so. But was refering to Chelsea's incident, forgot Evra's incident.

Fair enough, then. Thought you meant the Evra incident. I forgot about the Chelsea incident!
      Kopite78
      Reply #62: Dec 27, 2016 07:29:14 pm

Really? Have you read his version of events in his book?

As for Bobby, a mistake, a mistake....

We all make mistakes no matter the level of them, I have, I'm sure you all have

The most important thing is he never does it again but will I slaughter him? No chance

Mate of mine got done for drink driving about 15 years ago, he fu**ed up, he got banned but he has never done it again..
      He knew he fu**ed up so he was never slaughtered by people

We all make mistakes and I'd rather people learn by them then get reminded of it and slaughtered for it by everyone and anyone

Edit: Sorry Clint i misread  your post I thought you meant Evra too
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #63: Dec 27, 2016 07:30:26 pm
      Fair enough, then. Thought you meant the Evra incident. I forgot about the Chelsea incident!

Don't worry mate. Firmino did something wrong and needs to be accountable in court but it did not effect him tonight, played better than recent times.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #64: Dec 27, 2016 07:32:27 pm
      Really? Have you read his version of events in his book?

No, what's the name of the book please?
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #65: Dec 27, 2016 09:10:02 pm
      He got the man of the match award on sky , noticed there was no bottle of champagne given though!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #66: Dec 28, 2016 10:34:27 am

In the Evra affair he was innocent. Nobody has shown me anything to prove otherwise.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #67: Dec 28, 2016 10:45:54 am
      Don't worry mate. Firmino did something wrong and needs to be accountable in court but it did not effect him tonight, played better than recent times.

Chant at Anfield after Bobby scored:

He's better when he's drùnk
      He's better when he's drunk
      Bobby Firminòoooooo
      He's better when he's drunk.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #68: Dec 28, 2016 11:45:20 am
      In the Evra affair he was innocent. Nobody has shown me anything to prove otherwise.

Even their (FA) own proof to find him guilty showed he wasn't guilty :D

But a judge overruled a linguistic expert to come to their decision.

Quick Reply