Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What players should never have left Anfield?

Read 11523 times
      Gui F.J.V
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Re: What players should never have left Anfield?
      Reply #69: Nov 08, 2008 02:12:47 am
      Finnan !
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #70: Nov 08, 2008 05:38:37 am
      All the usual suspects have been mentioned, I think Dominic Matteo should have been kept especially as we sold him for such a small fee and was an instant success at Leeds.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #71: Nov 08, 2008 06:00:59 am
      Ya man. Forgot about him to be honest. Always liked him.
      kdz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #72: Nov 13, 2008 07:27:43 pm
      Litmanen, Owen , Murphey, Finnan, Garcia.  Oh just sit back and think what this season could be if they were still at Anfield. We wouldn`t have lost 4-2 to Spurs if we had that kind of depth. Perhaps we should ask which players should go next... Dossena, Plessis, El Zhar, Ngog.  for starters
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #73: Nov 13, 2008 11:41:22 pm
      Why pick on El Zhar, the lad needs more chances too prove himself , i for one think that he is a excellent player for the future. so think again., Kdz. And there are probably many more out there that agree with me?
      Xavi 1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #74: Nov 14, 2008 09:33:15 am
      DEF Anelka, Crouch and Finnan.  Anelka was and is a class act, Imagine had we kept him (Anelka) I really believe he would have scored goals for fun with the service our midfielders would have given him, and to think we let him go for Diouf. it still makes me cross the more I think about it.  Also Big Crouchie, I liked the Big man and was gutted he went in the summer, and I still ask myself the Question, Is Robbie Keane better than Crouchie, I dont think so, but that's just my opinion.  I would say had crouch played in the spurs game when they somehow beat us 2-1 we have buried them.  I am trying not to be too hard on Keane, he is a proven Premier league goal scorer but he frustrates the life out of me, I have always favoured a big man small man front line and right now I would love to see Big Crouch in the red shirt or even a comeback for Heskey.  It was paper talk a few weeks ago, but I would welcome it, prob a lot of people wouldn't, but then again these forums are all based on opinions and in my opinion, Anelka was the our biggest mistake in letting him go. 
      TommyLoft
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #75: Nov 14, 2008 10:55:59 am
      Anelka and Heskey are the main players that I would love to still be at Anfield but in fairness we didnt know Anelka was going to perform like he did at Arsenal and Real again did we?

Wish Warnock was still here becuase left back would be his position week in week out, also keeping Murphy would of been ideal. Michael Owen should never of left.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #76: Nov 14, 2008 09:08:34 pm
      Why pick on El Zhar, the lad needs more chances too prove himself , I for one think that he is a excellent player for the future. so think again., Kdz. And there are probably many more out there that agree with me?
      I'm backing you for for el zhar. When he plays I see a flash of light in the end of the tunnel, with the help of our coachs the time to reach the light will be reduced. On topic finnan, warnock & guthrie should be on the lfc sheets!  :f_wah:

Quick Reply