Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

WEAKNESS

Read 2334 times
      lucouk
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 86 posts | -1 
      WEAKNESS
      Sep 28, 2006 09:52:02 am
      Sitting in the kop end for last nights game ( galatasary vs liverpool)
      it dawned on me that are wingers are set for attacking and pace.

Are we falling short in defensive wing play?

it seemed like galatasary were easily running down the wings and getting deadly crosses in, time after time.

How can we prevent this?
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      WEAKNESS
      Reply #1: Sep 28, 2006 11:47:20 am
      dnt know m8 all our wingers attak pretty much i thought zenden and riise sat bak a litle more  but i like the wingers attaking lots and geting crosses in ;D even tho it leaves us open for a counter attak
      lucouk
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 86 posts | -1 
      Reply #2: Sep 28, 2006 12:08:42 pm
      we are still giving the ball away too easy tho!

wonderful cross by agger last night might i add
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      WEAKNESS
      Reply #3: Sep 28, 2006 08:45:35 pm
      the cross; wasn't that aurelio? anyway i think in situations like yesterday where crosses came flying in easily we were missing the presence of hyypia.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      WEAKNESS
      Reply #4: Sep 28, 2006 09:10:10 pm
      Yep it was Aurelio
      lucouk
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 86 posts | -1 
      sorry
      Reply #5: Sep 29, 2006 08:42:30 am
      yeah sorry just wrote the wrong name.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: WEAKNESS
      Reply #6: Sep 29, 2006 09:36:49 am
      Quote from: "lucouk"
      Sitting in the kop end for last nights game ( galatasary vs liverpool)
      it dawned on me that are wingers are set for attacking and pace.

Are we falling short in defensive wing play?

it seemed like galatasary were easily running down the wings and getting deadly crosses in, time after time.

How can we prevent this?

Sissoko is the way you prevent that, I was in fact astounded that after we conceeded the first goal Rafa didnt bring in Momo to counteract that right sided sweep by flooding that side of midfield.
      Once the 2nd goal had gone in he did just that, as the number of crosses from the right diminished quite dramtically once momo was there and they had no choice to play up the middle more, in which case the back four seemed to cope with well.

I was however disapointed with the lack of overlap from Steve Finnan, which probably was no fault of his own, to give Jermain pennant that bit more support with maybe some dumbby runs etc.
      I thought though Fabio and Pennant were excellent once they got the crosses in which ended in goals.

I would though agree with you in respect of the defending wing play (is it Safri??) Safris crosses were of supberd quality you cannot deny that and I think we lacked somewhere in coping with them, personnally seeing as he was the only player in their side that looked like they were gonna do anything I would have put someone on him man to man to block the crosses, or bought on momo a lot earlier, thing is when you are 3 up its easy to start to coast and think you have the game won and that is the main reason why this happend coasting easy night thinking with a lack of concentration and focus, you will even find this rubs off on the bench too in my opion this is why it took Rafa so long to block the threat, it could be argued other ways though im sure..
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      WEAKNESS
      Reply #7: Sep 29, 2006 10:05:10 am
      I was supprised that Momo didn't start, It was great to see Gerrard in the middle but it should of been Momo with either Gerrard or Alonso. I do think that Gerrard and Alonso can play in the middle together but not in the Champions league against the likes of Galatasary.
      lucouk
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 86 posts | -1 
      Reply #8: Sep 29, 2006 10:08:56 am
      The main thing is we did hold onto the victory. Imagine the debates we would be having if it would have been 3.3!!
      Some valuable points earned there for the pool. And also nice to see crouchey getting adventurous
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      WEAKNESS
      Reply #9: Sep 29, 2006 10:45:33 am
      I think I would have screamed if it had been 3-3 also I agree with you on Peters adventures in wonderland ;D see lucouk we agree on some things too, isnt life great!!! ;D jk ;-)
      lucouk
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 86 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Sep 29, 2006 11:08:52 am
      haha glad we agree, but i am enjoying are discussions. That is what this site is all about and it is the only way my mind is guna be at rest  8)

Quick Reply