Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Yossi: Play me or I'm off

Read 10784 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Yossi: Play me or I'm off
      Nov 18, 2008 09:17:15 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1087107/Frustrated-Yossi-warns-Benitez-Ill-quit-Anfield-dont-need-me.html?ITO=1490

Frustrated Yossi warns Benitez: I'll quit Anfield if you don't need me

By JOHN EDWARDS
      Last updated at 8:39 PM on 18th November 2008

Yossi Benayoun has revealed for the first time that he will quit Anfield in the New Year if he is still on the fringes of Rafa Benitez's squad.

Liverpool's £6million signing from West Ham has always insisted he is happy to stay and fight for a place in Benitez's starting line-up, despite strong interest from Ajax, Spartak Moscow and Manchester City in recent months.

But, as he prepared for Israel's Tel Aviv meeting with the Ivory Coast, he admitted he was running out of patience and ready to push for a move - abroad, if need be - when the January window opens.

'If the situation remains the same over the next few months, and I'm not getting more time in the middle, I will not want to continue as a Liverpool player,' he told Israel's Channel Five TV station. 'The fact that I have spent so much time on the bench, while there has been a winning formula on the pitch, tells you everything.

'I hope it changes for me, because I want to stay and prove myself, but it won't be easy. I know I'm at one of the biggest clubs in the world, and that there are many good players like Ryan Babel and Jermaine Pennant who sometimes aren't even in the squad, but it's not much fun sitting on the bench all the time.

Talented squad: Boss Rafa has a wealth of talented midfielders - but this glut of talent is taking its toll on Benayoun

'I always wanted to prove myself good enough for Liverpool, and I thought I did well last season to contribute so many goals and assists. But there seems to be more competition for places this time, and if I continue to be on the sidelines, I would not want to stay, even though it is Liverpool.

'Maybe I will have to accept that and start learning another language, such as Italian or French or even Russian.'
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

I really like Benanyun! He adds that additional bite to our attack, especially when he comes in from the right wing. He is able to take on and get past defender; his only shortcoming being his light weight as he gets brushed off the ball easily.

He is a darn good player!

What I don't like is players talking to the Manager through the media! Whatever happened to the good ol' "Meeting with the bossman?"

Is there a problem also brewing here? Do we have way too many midfielders that the club really needs?

Is RM Kuyt the problem, as Rafa is unwilling to do without him thereby throwing the careers of the likes of Babel, Pennant & Benanyun in jeopardy?

The exit of Pennant, Benanyun and Maybe Babel will definitely look more like brain drain to me.

We can not continue to call them (Pennant & Benny) weak players if they dont get to play often enough. If we get to bring Jesus Narvas and he spends half the season on the bench, he wont be better than anyone we let go off.

Is our squad too big its beginning to hurt careers?

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2008 12:24:48 am by JD »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Benayoun warns Rafa: I'll quit Anfield if........
      Reply #1: Nov 18, 2008 09:21:50 pm
      Frustrated Yossi warns Benitez: I'll quit Anfield if you don't need me

Yossi Benayoun has revealed for the first time that he will quit Anfield in the New Year if he is still on the fringes of Rafa Benitez's squad.
      Liverpool's £6million signing from West Ham has always insisted he is happy to stay and fight for a place in Benitez's starting line-up, despite strong interest from Ajax, Spartak Moscow and Manchester City in recent months.
      But, as he prepared for Israel's Tel Aviv meeting with the Ivory Coast, he admitted he was running out of patience and ready to push for a move - abroad, if need be - when the January window opens.

'If the situation remains the same over the next few months, and I'm not getting more time in the middle, I will not want to continue as a Liverpool player,' he told Israel's Channel Five TV station. 'The fact that I have spent so much time on the bench, while there has been a winning formula on the pitch, tells you everything

'I hope it changes for me, because I want to stay and prove myself, but it won't be easy. I know I'm at one of the biggest clubs in the world, and that there are many good players like Ryan Babel and Jermaine Pennant who sometimes aren't even in the squad, but it's not much fun sitting on the bench all the time.

'I always wanted to prove myself good enough for Liverpool, and I thought I did well last season to contribute so many goals and assists. But there seems to be more competition for places this time, and if I continue to be on the sidelines, I would not want to stay, even though it is Liverpool.
      'Maybe I will have to accept that and start learning another language, such as Italian or French or even Russian.'

first babel, now yossi. this cant be good for our title chase.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: Nov 18, 2008 09:33:30 pm
      Has he heard of the expression, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'? The fact is Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso are world class midfielders that aren't going to be moved, especially when they're playing well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Nov 18, 2008 09:34:08 pm
      I was thinking to myself the other day that i could see him leaving in the winter.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #4: Nov 18, 2008 10:24:37 pm
      Ta ra Yossi, six months too late though fella.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Re: Yossi: Play me or I'm off
      Reply #5: Nov 19, 2008 12:26:14 am
      Like a house of cards this isn't it.

I hope I wake up tomorrow with Hicks and Gillett telling us they're off as well.

I think Yossi is one of Rafa's favourite actually.  While I agree that some of these players are not good enough for the first team, we hardly want to get to the end of January and then find we are hit by injuries and we've let all of these go.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Nov 19, 2008 12:49:05 am
      Get over your ego Yossi. Im abit fishy however that he was talking to an Israeli journo. He is their best player and probably looked upto by all of the football fans for being at a massive club like Liverpool so of course he would be lead into saying something like this.

But if not, toodle-oo.

On the topic of a glut in midfield, get rid of Lucas!!

Gerrard
      Alonso
      Mascherano
      Kuyt
      Babel
      Riera
      Pennant
      Lucas
      El Zhar
      Benny
      Plessis

All to fill 4 spots, some will miss out. I think if we cut Benny, Jermaine and Lucas then it'll be much better. Maybe use that money for a back up centre mid. That gives El Zhar a chance to shine and he deserves it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: Nov 19, 2008 12:52:52 am
      Maybe use that money for a back up centre mid.

It's left-back we're looking at isn't it?
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #8: Nov 19, 2008 12:56:38 am
      I hope he stays. Should we go back to ''heavy rotation'' in order to put an end to this problem?. I think not. Rafa has a huge problem.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #9: Nov 19, 2008 12:56:43 am
      He had a shot to cement his place in the Liverpool team at the first of the season when Riera wasn't there and he didn't take it so now we are playing well with both Kuyt and Riera in the side he will have to wait til someone gets hurt to get a run of game.

I also get the feeling Rafa loves him because of his ability to play many position which is why he never bother to sell him with the likes of Ajax and Roma were sniffing around him.

If he doesn't like waiting around for his chance than so be it, sell him and move on.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Nov 19, 2008 12:56:46 am
      It's left-back we're looking at isn't it?

If we get rid of the three i said, might need someone just incase Masch, Stevie or Xabi get injured.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #11: Nov 19, 2008 01:09:22 am
      Fabregas it is then.

I think Benayoun and Babel still can be better. If i had to get rid of one midfielder, Lucas it is.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #12: Nov 19, 2008 01:22:22 am
      F**k it, that's it.

Read the title of the thread...YOSSI. This thread is about YOSSI, staying or going. Not whether we should sell Lucas or whether we should keep him. It isn't a lucky dip where we put our hands in a hat and pick out who is gonna be sold, it's about players who don't want to fight for a place. Now I may not be Lucas' biggest fan, but will I F**k say "lets sell him before such and such" Try keepin it constructive about Benayoun. State claims as to whether you think he should go or stay, not who should go in his place. If you must, then at least keep it to "there are other players who deserve to go first" rather than laying all blame on Lucas or Dossena. This club doesn't make scapegoats and I thought we got rid of this child like behaviour where we have to slag a player off in every post when Voronin left.

I've already said I think it's six months to late for Benayoun, I just don't rate the fella. Far too light weight, far too gives the ball away and just doesn't fill me with any confidence. He isn't good enough to be a first teamer on a regular basis, which is why he is a fringe player. I won't lose any sleep over his departure, but the way this story is worded, it forces Benitez to play him if he wants to keep him. Benitez obviously does want him or he'd of sold him in the summer, so with one or two "injuries" hangin over the Fulham game, I wouldn't be surprised to see our number 15 on the team sheet.

Do I want him to stay? Not a great deal.
      Do I expect him to stay? At least until next summer.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: Nov 19, 2008 01:28:16 am
      F**k it, that's it.

Read the title of the thread...YOSSI. This thread is about YOSSI, staying or going. Not whether we should sell Lucas or whether we should keep him. It isn't a lucky dip where we put our hands in a hat and pick out who is gonna be sold, it's about players who don't want to fight for a place. Now I may not be Lucas' biggest fan, but will I F**k say "lets sell him before such and such" Try keepin it constructive about Benayoun. State claims as to whether you think he should go or stay, not who should go in his place. If you must, then at least keep it to "there are other players who deserve to go first" rather than laying all blame on Lucas or Dossena. This club doesn't make scapegoats and I thought we got rid of this child like behaviour where we have to slag a player off in every post when Voronin left.

I've already said I think it's six months to late for Benayoun, I just don't rate the fella. Far too light weight, far too gives the ball away and just doesn't fill me with any confidence. He isn't good enough to be a first teamer on a regular basis, which is why he is a fringe player. I won't lose any sleep over his departure, but the way this story is worded, it forces Benitez to play him if he wants to keep him. Benitez obviously does want him or he'd of sold him in the summer, so with one or two "injuries" hangin over the Fulham game, I wouldn't be surprised to see our number 15 on the team sheet.

Do I want him to stay? Not a great deal.
      Do I expect him to stay? At least until next summer.

f***in 'ell mate, didn't realise this was your thread. The point is that people are staying on-topic by saying who they'd rather get rid of instead of Yossi.

I think that's fine and dandy, and that you're just goin absolutely f***in mental over nothing.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #14: Nov 19, 2008 01:28:53 am
      Totally agree with DLS , but feeling a bit touchy tonight ( bad mood?) ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #15: Nov 19, 2008 01:31:28 am
      I guess that many of us are talking about who should be sold/take over Benny instead of Benny's frustration and his position in the team. Sorry, DLS
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #16: Nov 19, 2008 01:40:34 am
      f***in 'ell mate, didn't realise this was your thread. The point is that people are staying on-topic by saying who they'd rather get rid of instead of Yossi.

I think that's fine and dandy, and that you're just goin absolutely f***in mental over nothing.

What's on topic about sayin Lucas should be sold? Absoloutely nothing.

If you want players sold ahead of Benayoun (if there is a queue or check list that is) then say so...collectively, not by singlin out players because I can guarentee for a fact that Lucas is not the only one who people want to see the back of before Benayoun, yet it is only our Brazilian central midfielder who is comin in for the stick in this thread. But is it Lucas who is takin Benayoun's position? No. Is it Lucas who is stoppin Benayoun playin? No. Is Lucas complainin about not gettin games? No. Lucas has sod all to do with the debate about whether or not Benayoun should remain.

Yossi Benayoun wants games, he plays on either flank or just off the forward. In those positions currently are Kuyt/Riera/Gerrard. Where is Lucas? Nowhere. Is Benayoun gonna get a game ahead of those three? I highly doubt is. Is Lucas bein sold gonna help Benayoun in his quest to get a game? Again I highly doubt it. So sellin Lucas has nothin to do with the this debate.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17: Nov 19, 2008 01:45:05 am
      I think Yossi should be glad he even gets a place on the bench he is not a top four player and would not be picked in any top 4 side in England. My message to him would be simple if you are not willing to grit and bite for your place in the team just F**k off then. It is getting to me that players are unsetlling the squad and the changing room via the media, first Babel now Benayoun. All of this when we are mounting the strongest title challenge in years.
      These players should seriosuly get a grip.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #18: Nov 19, 2008 01:49:44 am
      The only reason he's not playing is not because we don't want him to play, it is just that we have really quality players in Stevie, Albert and Dirk in the positions where Yossi plays. So as of now, he'd have to play 2nd choice/super sub.

He is a talented player when he's inside the box but he needs to work hard and improve to make the team.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #19: Nov 19, 2008 01:49:59 am
      What's on topic about sayin Lucas should be sold? Absoloutely nothing.

If you want players sold ahead of Benayoun (if there is a queue or check list that is) then say so...collectively, not by singlin out players because I can guarentee for a fact that Lucas is not the only one who people want to see the back of before Benayoun, yet it is only our Brazilian central midfielder who is comin in for the stick in this thread. But is it Lucas who is takin Benayoun's position? No. Is it Lucas who is stoppin Benayoun playin? No. Is Lucas complainin about not gettin games? No. Lucas has sod all to do with the debate about whether or not Benayoun should remain.

Yossi Benayoun wants games, he plays on either flank or just off the forward. In those positions currently are Kuyt/Riera/Gerrard. Where is Lucas? Nowhere. Is Benayoun gonna get a game ahead of those three? I highly doubt is. Is Lucas bein sold gonna help Benayoun in his quest to get a game? Again I highly doubt it. So sellin Lucas has nothin to do with the this debate.

Seems to me you've lost the ability to read, albeit temporarily.

Yossi has stated his intentions to depart with the club if he does not get games. At the same time, people on this thread have also stated their opinions of who they would like to see go instead of Yossi; therefore this thread has stayed on-topic.

Lucas is being singled out because of two things:
      1) Most games he has relatively poor performances
      2) He rarely plays, and does not seem to be going up the pecking order

This is the same for Yossi Benayoun, but people have also accepted the fact that Benayoun is a much more skilful player than Lucas, and has a lot more experience. Thus, they would rather see Lucas leave the club than Benayoun. This is exactly the same for me.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #20: Nov 19, 2008 01:57:51 am
      Res you've not got grapsed it have you mate.

Benayoun wants to leave because he isn't playing games. That's the whole point of the thread. "Play me or I'm off" translated for all to read it as if Yossi Benayoun doesn't play more regular football then he'll want to leave. Fine. That seems to be the bit we agree on.

Where we differ however is the simple matter of Lucas. No matter how many posts people say where they want him sold ahead of Benayoun, isn't going to change the crux of this thread which is "Yossi Benayoun doesn't play more regular football then he'll want to leave". Lucas is not the one stoppin Benayoun from gettin games. This thread is about whether or not Benayoun should be gettin games and if he isn't should he leave, not, I repeat not, who should leave in the transfer window. If it was, then bang on about Lucas leavin all you like, but until that thread is created please keep this one as to Yossi Benayoun wantin games or leavin. Like I keep sayin, sellin Lucas will not give Benayoun what he wants, so he'll still want to leave. Therefore sayin Lucas should be sold before Benayoun does not resolve this current situation and has nothin to do with it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #21: Nov 19, 2008 01:58:12 am
      Yeah but DLS is right.

Lucas does not play the same position as Benayoun. So, whether Lucas goes or not, it has nothing to do with Benayoun. The only ones having advantage are the centre midfielders cause they'd have one less competitor.

I rather see Lucas go than Benayoun but Lucas' position is irrelevant in this thread.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Nov 19, 2008 01:59:37 am
      Im abit fishy however that he was talking to an Israeli journo. He is their best player and probably looked upto by all of the football fans for being at a massive club like Liverpool so of course he would be lead into saying something like this.

Good point. Add to the fact it's the daily mail reporting it too. Who knows what Yossi really said...

But I do think there's no smoke without fire and he's bound to be frustrated by his amount of time on the bench.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #23: Nov 19, 2008 02:04:33 am
      I'm not going to argue about this anymore. I have made my point as clear as day, and you have still failed to understand it.

But back, -eh-hem- on-topic:

Yossi wants to play more or leave. I don't want him to leave.

Unfortunately I cannot say more than this due to DLS' rules about staying on-topic.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Nov 19, 2008 02:09:38 am
      If people want to say they'd rather Lucas leave than Yossi - in a thread that involves Yossi, then that's up to them. Whether people agree with it or not is another matter. Make another thread if it bothers you that much.

It's not rocket science.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #25: Nov 19, 2008 02:18:39 am
      If people want to say they'd rather Lucas leave than Yossi

And that achieves Benayoun's quest for more games...how? That's the whole point of this. He wants more games, he doesn't even neccessarily want to move on. He wants to play here. But he isn't gettin that chance, thankfully, but how will Lucas' departure mean he gets his chance? It doesn't.

What would be much better to discuss is how Benayoun is more likely to get games. How he could maybe improve his game, how he should get his head down and work hard, how he just has to wait like a lot of people do at big clubs or how he should leave. Nothin in this is to do with a list of transfers in or out of the squad, it's about one indiviual player. You can discuss our transfer activities here until your heart is content http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,10492.new.html#new

Meanwhile, back to the point people are completely failin to see. Lucas being sold does not solve this problem about Benayoun wantin games. Need I spell it out any clearer?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #26: Nov 19, 2008 02:20:50 am
      And that achieves Benayoun's quest for more games...how? That's the whole point of this. He wants more games, he doesn't even neccessarily want to move on. He wants to play here. But he isn't gettin that chance, thankfully, but how will Lucas' departure mean he gets his chance? It doesn't.

What would be much better to discuss is how Benayoun is more likely to get games. How he could maybe improve his game, how he should get his head down and work hard, how he just has to wait like a lot of people do at big clubs or how he should leave. Nothin in this is to do with a list of transfers in or out of the squad, it's about one indiviual player. You can discuss our transfer activities here until your heart is content http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,10492.new.html#new

Meanwhile, back to the point people are completely failin to see. Lucas being sold does not solve this problem about Benayoun wantin games. Need I spell it out any clearer?

It stays on the basic subject of Benayoun and Liverpool, hence it is in the Kop board. All you're doing now is fueling arguments, it's getting petty - very petty.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #27: Nov 19, 2008 02:26:07 am
      Lucase leaving Liverpool is on topic to Benayoun wanting to play games at Liverpool. OK fair enough, that one obviously escapes people with sense but there you go.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #28: Nov 19, 2008 02:27:54 am
      What DLS is saying is we aren't talking about Yossi wanting to play or he'll leave. Instead, we are talking about players not competing with Yossi for a position leaving. Lucas doesn't play in Yossi's position , so it's unfair for me and you to talk about Lucas leaving as this does not mean Yossi will get more games.

We are talking about Lucas being sold cause we rather see him leave than Yossi. We should be talking about Yossi's frustration of not having first team football and not include Lucas, as he is irrelevant. Lucas going WILL not solve Yossi's problem.

- I won't say anymore.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #29: Nov 19, 2008 02:31:46 am
      What DLS is saying is we aren't talking about Yossi wanting to play or he'll leave. Instead, we are talking about players not competing with Yossi for a position leaving. Lucas doesn't play in Yossi's position , so it's unfair for me and you to talk about Lucas leaving as this does not mean Yossi will get more games.

We are talking about Lucas being sold cause we rather see him leave than Yossi. We should be talking about Yossi's frustration of not having first team football and not include Lucas, as he is irrelevant. Lucas going WILL not solve Yossi's problem.

- I won't say anymore.

At least somebody grasps the concept of it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Nov 19, 2008 02:40:34 am

You really don't have to explian to me the in's and out's of this thread mate. And there really isn't a big need to be on your high horse.

The topic was not straying severly off topic. Like I said, there is an option to start a new thread. If we want to hammer down on any slightly off topic things on here then there'd be a lot of topics locked.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #31: Nov 19, 2008 02:43:34 am
      Yeah........but no...............but yeah..............

Sell em' both! They're both F***ing sh*te!

Enough there to start a forum war :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Nov 19, 2008 02:45:48 am
      Yeah........but no...............but yeah..............

Sell em' both! They're both f**king sh*te!

Enough there to start a forum war :)

On topic please.  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #33: Nov 19, 2008 02:56:24 am
      The topic was not straying severly off topic. Like I said, there is an option to start a new thread. If we want to hammer down on any slightly off topic things on here then there'd be a lot of topics locked.

Kenny I'm off to bed in fifteen minutes, so I'll make one last fist of it that might get through to a few. Up to now, one or two hae grasped onto the idea. Here it is.

This topic, as defined by the title is Yossi Benayoun wants games at Anfield or he'd like to leave. I can safely say we are all perfectly clear on that one point. Benayoun plays or Benayoun goes. But this topic was not going down that route, instead it was going down a route of who should be sold instead, which is not what the topic is about in the slightest. It's a very specific topic, it's about Yossi Benayoun wanting games. Now no matter how fancy people try and dress it up the departure of Lucas Lieva from Liverpool will not in any shape or form give Yossi Benayoun more games in a Liverpool shirt. That is what this topic is about, Yossi Benayoun wanting games. Now instead of saying (by the way I know you personally haven't) "I'd rather see Lucas leave" or "Lucas should go first" people may try and explain how Benayoun can get his wish of more games. If, by some confused reason, they feel Lucas being sold would give Benayoun more games than they should explain that view, but when a topic is about a player wanting games there is no reason to mention another player being sold who isn't stopping the first player.

Here is a prime example, if this was Insua saying it and not Benayoun, then I'd be first to say sell Dossena because it's hurting Insua's progress. They play in the same position and Dossena is hindering the progress of Insua. But since Lucas being at the club is not stopping Benayoun from getting the number of games he wishes, then saying "lets sell Lucas instead of Benayoun" not only does that leave Benayoun with the same problem, it is going completely off the subject as to why the topic was created. But because of people's desperation to see Lucas go, this thread has since become a joke anyway because it's no longer about how we can solve Benayoun's problem of not playing, instead it is about how Lucas fits into the situation at all.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #34: Nov 19, 2008 04:36:43 am
      Shut the door on your way out Yossi.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Nov 19, 2008 06:59:16 am
      That's the right decision. Cool down & go to sleep and start fresh another day.

Back to the topics.

If Benny isn't willing to fight for his place then put in his transfer request. He's not a poor player, will be sad to see him go, but if his heart is not with the LiverBird, what can we do? We have to move on. Sell him for something & buy somebody or promote somebody from the academy who is willing to wait & fight to get in the 1st team.

When the other palyers are playing better & we are winning, what should the Boss do?   :mad: Facts of life.

Just like Crouch case.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #36: Nov 19, 2008 07:17:46 am
      Honest to God why are the "play me or Im off" brigade always the ones who when they do get a game dont do much? I like Yossi as I do Babel but to be honest neither have done enough to say they deserve to be first 11 regulars. They both have much more to offer then they are so come on lads do your talking on the pitch and force your way in to the team dont go bitching to the papers. Theres a title to be won  this season and if everyone pulls in the same direction we might well do it but 2 or 3 lads coming out moaning isnt sending out the right message.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Nov 19, 2008 07:21:33 am
      Obviously Yossi doesn't want a Premiership Medallion hanging around his neck come May  :P
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Nov 19, 2008 08:03:53 am
      Obviously Yossi doesn't want a Premiership Medallion hanging around his neck come May  :P
      And if what is reported is true then I say let him go,I would have more respect for him if he said when RAFA gives me a chance i will play that good RAFA will not be able to  drop me.He should thank his lucky stars that he is at a club like L.F.C.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #39: Nov 19, 2008 08:48:25 am
      See ya Yossi.  A nice little £5m in our pocket will do.

Don't let the Shankley Gates hit you on the arse on your way out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #40: Nov 19, 2008 12:25:32 pm
      what yossi has to understand is that,we have a long season ahead of us and he like the others will get their chance.
      you cannot displace players in the team if they are winning.
      no F***ing point airing your views through the media,put up ur F**k off.
      when you signed on the dotted line you knew what you were getting.no one is garunteed a place.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #41: Nov 19, 2008 12:51:31 pm
      Benayoun needs to get a grip. Maybe if he was more effective when he did play he would get more games.

It never seems to be the players fault that they are not getting enough games dose it ?

We are winning at the minute and keeping a balanced side. Joint top of the league shows that you cannot argue with Rafa's first choice midfielders.

...lets change a winning formula for a player who has been average when he has had his chance. Asif.

I dont have a problem with him wanting to play more games. Thats obviously going to be the case. What dose bother me is the fact that he expects a first team place on the merit of what exactly ? If you want more chances, you keep your head down, work hard and show your willing to die for the cause.

How dare he attempt to hold Livepool to ransom by bitching to the press !

Inabit Yossi.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #42: Nov 19, 2008 02:16:19 pm
      Honest to God why are the "play me or Im off" brigade always the ones who when they do get a game dont do much? I like Yossi as I do Babel but to be honest neither have done enough to say they deserve to be first 11 regulars. They both have much more to offer then they are so come on lads do your talking on the pitch and force your way in to the team dont go bitching to the papers. Theres a title to be won  this season and if everyone pulls in the same direction we might well do it but 2 or 3 lads coming out moaning isnt sending out the right message.

That's exactly right. If players are unhappy about lack of first team experience, they have to prove they are worth it. Crying to the papers about it will not solve anything.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Nov 19, 2008 03:55:01 pm
      Kenny I'm off to bed in fifteen minutes, so I'll make one last fist of it that might get through to a few. Up to now, one or two hae grasped onto the idea. Here it is.

This topic, as defined by the title is Yossi Benayoun wants games at Anfield or he'd like to leave. I can safely say we are all perfectly clear on that one point. Benayoun plays or Benayoun goes. But this topic was not going down that route, instead it was going down a route of who should be sold instead, which is not what the topic is about in the slightest. It's a very specific topic, it's about Yossi Benayoun wanting games. Now no matter how fancy people try and dress it up the departure of Lucas Lieva from Liverpool will not in any shape or form give Yossi Benayoun more games in a Liverpool shirt. That is what this topic is about, Yossi Benayoun wanting games. Now instead of saying (by the way I know you personally haven't) "I'd rather see Lucas leave" or "Lucas should go first" people may try and explain how Benayoun can get his wish of more games. If, by some confused reason, they feel Lucas being sold would give Benayoun more games than they should explain that view, but when a topic is about a player wanting games there is no reason to mention another player being sold who isn't stopping the first player.

Here is a prime example, if this was Insua saying it and not Benayoun, then I'd be first to say sell Dossena because it's hurting Insua's progress. They play in the same position and Dossena is hindering the progress of Insua. But since Lucas being at the club is not stopping Benayoun from getting the number of games he wishes, then saying "lets sell Lucas instead of Benayoun" not only does that leave Benayoun with the same problem, it is going completely off the subject as to why the topic was created. But because of people's desperation to see Lucas go, this thread has since become a joke anyway because it's no longer about how we can solve Benayoun's problem of not playing, instead it is about how Lucas fits into the situation at all.

No worries mate. I went to bed myself as well.

Well, this news has been all over the radio today as well, so that would lean more towards what Yossi has supposed to have said to be true.

I think you can never have every player happy with lack of first team action - maybe there's a contrast between Yossi and Pennant though, as already mentioned. One wants to consider their future of playing football and the other one would rather get hammered on whiskey. So in that sense you could say you don't blame Yossi that much.

But, he's a fool to think he'll ever be part of a better team if he goes. And I don't want players here who don't want to play for LFC.

If anything, he's put himself under even more pressure to perform now. Should have just kept your mouth shut Yossi.
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #44: Nov 19, 2008 05:39:23 pm
      you F***ing b***ard piss offthen we dont need these kind of disruptions to our team and title charge. keep your mouth shut yossi before our team morale gets fu**ed
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #45: Nov 19, 2008 05:54:41 pm
      you F***ing b***ard piss offthen we dont need these kind of disruptions to our team and title charge. keep your mouth shut yossi before our team morale gets fu**ed

"The LFC Love Flows Forever", huh?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #46: Nov 19, 2008 05:55:50 pm
      "The LFC Love Flows Forever", huh?

Was just thinking that myself.

Dying to read the P.S.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #47: Nov 19, 2008 08:07:59 pm
       :action-smiley-065:

Bye yossi, always said he wasnt good enough, dont really a loss IMO other than the fact that he can play in all positions, then again theres a difference in playing there, and playing there to a good standard
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #48: Nov 19, 2008 08:13:52 pm
      If it was down to me, id say bye bye Yossi.
      Didnt rate him much when we bought him and hes done nothin to change my mind.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #49: Nov 19, 2008 08:53:55 pm
      Cheerio Yossi
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #50: Nov 19, 2008 09:01:19 pm
      Addio yossi. if someone does not thank god for playing for us, his way is out now. Bye Bye and pick pennant's hand too on your way out ;)
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #51: Nov 20, 2008 09:04:36 am
      I dont like players Whining! But Babel is not better than Benanyun; and if both players are complaining about the same thing, then there is a problem that has to be addressed. No matter how world-class a player is, if he does not get enough playing time, his form will dip and he will become rusty.

If we got rid of every player that complains about the lack of first team action, who will we have in our sub bench? You saw how dismal the performance of our 2nd 11 was against Tottenham. I bet a Pennant or A Benanyun would have added more bite to the attack.
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2008 09:11:10 am by solodee »
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #52: Nov 20, 2008 07:42:03 pm
      Have to admit, it wouldn't worry me too much if he never played for us again! I think he was signed on the back of one decent performance against us in the FA cup final.

And, if he's not prepared to fight for his place in a championship winning side, he can go!

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #53: Nov 20, 2008 07:55:04 pm
      I think he was signed on the back of one decent performance against us in the FA cup final.

That's a bit unfair mate, he was West Ham's player of the year in 05/06. We bought him on the back of two very good couple of years at Upton Park.

I personally don't rate him, I said so very early into the season, and won't lose any sleep if he does leave.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #54: Nov 20, 2008 08:18:00 pm
      I have to agree with you Dunlop_L , I won't lose any sleep if Yossi leaves either. He has had his moments, sometimes individualy and sometimes when he's come off the bench, his enthiusiasm has lifted players around him. Never thought he was top drawer but always assumed he would improve. Alas, still has his moments but not consistent enough. If he want's to go, so be it. Still have a few nice memories of a few moments of magic. Not enough to warrant him upsetting the squad though. Bye Yossi !
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #55: Nov 20, 2008 08:20:11 pm
      "Good player in a bad team" at West Ham
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #56: Nov 20, 2008 10:03:56 pm
      Earn your place in the team, or leave, Yossi. Don't cry to the media.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #57: Nov 20, 2008 10:13:55 pm
      He needs to take a leaf out of Dirks book keep putting the effort in and reap the rewards .Dont go running to the bloody press it will only make it worse for HIM
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #58: Nov 20, 2008 10:30:16 pm
      I would have thought this sort of statement would have come from someone like Pennant not Yossi.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #59: Nov 20, 2008 10:36:40 pm
      A Statement,what does he want then?play for a lesser week in week out with no success?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #60: Nov 20, 2008 11:06:27 pm
      Most footballers want to play football, that's all Benayoun is sayin. He's not had a pop at the club or us as fans, in fact he's said he wants to play at Anfield, just on a regular basis. If he can't get that then he's willin to move on. Do we really want players happy to sit and collect their wages without doin anythin?

I've no problem with Benayoun sayin this, I just wish we'd sold him in the summer. And I wish this doesn't force Benitez to start pickin him because I don't want Benayoun at the club because I don't rate him good enough for Liverpool Football Club.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #61: Nov 21, 2008 12:26:13 am
      Just been searchin for Intandje's player thread (still haven't found it) and came across this. http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,3834.0.html It's Benayoun at the start of his Liverpool career complainin about not gettin games. So this is nothin new from our number 15. I haven't read the origional thread, so I don't know if any later stories came out, but 18 months on or so, and he's got the same problem.

Time to move on if that's the case Yossi.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Nov 21, 2008 12:37:50 am
      And I wish this doesn't force Benitez to start pickin him

This is something that concerns me too.

But I'm pretty sure (and hopeful) that Rafa will keep to his regular league selections that are proving to be keeping a consistant flow of results so far. He's known for being stubborn and I don't think there's been any reaction to Yossi's comments.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a goodbye sooner or later though...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #63: Nov 21, 2008 12:52:52 am
      My problem is this 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 or whatever you wanna call it seems to be Benitez' preferred formation Ken, so with Keane doubtful, Gerrard doubtful, it may be the perfect chance for Benitez to throw Benayoun in behind the lone forward of Torres.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #64: Nov 21, 2008 01:00:17 am
      My problem is this 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 or whatever you wanna call it seems to be Benitez' preferred formation Ken, so with Keane doubtful, Gerrard doubtful, it may be the perfect chance for Benitez to throw Benayoun in behind the lone forward of Torres.

More than likely mate. Wouldn't be surprised. Don't reckon that would last long once Keane and Gerrard are fit though, do you?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #65: Nov 21, 2008 01:07:24 am
      More than likely mate. Wouldn't be surprised. Don't reckon that would last long once Keane and Gerrard are fit though, do you?

No I don't, but we keep sayin pick players on form not name. If Benayoun gets that chance and plays out of his skin, then he would be deservin a run of games in the first team.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #66: Nov 21, 2008 01:20:32 am
      No I don't, but we keep sayin pick players on form not name. If Benayoun gets that chance and plays out of his skin, then he would be deservin a run of games in the first team.

Not often he plays out of his skin. And I can't see any way Rafa will be dropping Keane or Gerrard for Yossi when they're both fit.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #67: Nov 21, 2008 01:31:22 am
      Not often he plays out of his skin. And I can't see any way Rafa will be dropping Keane or Gerrard for Yossi when they're both fit.

Agree totally mate, but anythin is possible, especially with Benitez.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: Nov 21, 2008 01:43:15 am
      Agree totally mate, but anythin is possible, especially with Benitez.

Indeed!!!

He's probably considering things right now.

RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #69: Nov 21, 2008 04:38:19 pm
      Rafa has stated he wants him to stay.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7737198.stm

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has played down claims Yossi Benayoun could leave the club, insisting he wants the Israeli to see out his Reds contract.

Benayoun, 28, recently claimed he would seek a move unless he played more, having made just four starts in 11 appearances so far this campaign.

But Benitez said: "If you are asked if you want to play more, you say yes.

"But I have been speaking to Yossi and he's happy. If he stays here until the end of his contract, I'll be pleased."

The midfielder, who joined the club for £5m from West Ham in 2007, has made 41 appearances for Liverpool but fears that his playing time will remain restricted following the team's good start to the season.

"If the situation remains the same over the next few months, I will not want to continue as a Liverpool player," he told Israel's Channel Five TV.

"I hope it changes as I want to stay and prove myself but it won't be easy. I'm at one of the biggest clubs in the world, but if I continue to be on the sidelines, I would not want to stay, even though it is Liverpool."

However, Benitez is keen for the midfielder to stay at the club, insisting Benayoun remains a key part of his plans.

"He's a player I like - he can change games, scores goals and he has a lot of assists.

"If he does not want to stay here, OK, we will find a solution to the problem. But now he is OK and ready for playing. I will not want to see any offer for him."

The Reds are joint top of the Premier League with Chelsea, having lost only once, picking up 32 points out of a possible 39.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #70: Nov 21, 2008 05:31:03 pm
      I'm not surprised by this statement by Benitez. I do think though, he'll keep the door open to sides who want Benayoun though...even if he has said he doesn't want to hear any offers.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #71: Nov 21, 2008 05:33:21 pm
      I hope Yossi doesn't leave, I like him, I think he's a good squad player to have around, I don't think he's first team material all the time, but he reminds me a bit of Luis Garcia, he can come on and change a game, he did really well for us last season and I think he's an integral member of the squad, he should realise though that at a club like Liverpool you have no divine right to be picked.

Work hard Yossi and your time may come, maybe through another player getting injured or a suspension if, in the meantime you are not happy, then by all means take a step down in your career and go to another club.

We only want players here who are 100% committed to Liverpool Football Club.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #72: Nov 21, 2008 06:45:03 pm
      I

Work hard Yossi and your time may come, maybe through another player getting injured or a suspension if, in the meantime you are not happy, then by all means take a step down in your career and go to another club.

We only want players here who are 100% committed to Liverpool Football Club.
      I think this Say's it all for me not just Yossi but any player who has the Honor to pull on the famous shirt of Liverpool F.C.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #73: Nov 21, 2008 08:12:58 pm
      http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/10026...ts_Benitez.aspx

"But I have been speaking to Yossi and he is happy here. He is a player I like, he can change games. He scores goals and he has a lot of assists.

________________________ ________________________ ______

Rafa has confirmed it for all. Benanyun is a very good player who is tactically sound.

goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #74: Nov 21, 2008 09:35:54 pm
      you dont deserve a place in starting eleven so good luck!!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #75: Nov 22, 2008 01:13:46 am
      Even though I haven't liked Yossi, recently I've changed my opinion and I think that he is a good player, and if you look at it he does get a lot of assists and can play in a few positions. I would rather not see Yossi go.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #76: Nov 22, 2008 09:22:58 am
      I dont want to see yossi go he is a good squad player, but I dont think good enough for a first team place, he would have to be ahead of kuyt which I dont think is going to happen this season, but dont think we should sell him, maybe give him a few starts around xmas keep him happy.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #77: Nov 22, 2008 09:41:52 am
      Most players his age sitting on the bench want to be playing that's natural so this isn't a surprise, Yossi has to stay this season even if he is used from the bench, we need him and as everyone knows we only have to keep ticking over to be in with a shout at our No.1 goal so whatever happens this season unless we have a big offer for him in Jan. you have to stay and help us through to the end of what may turn out to be something special......
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #78: Nov 22, 2008 10:00:58 am
      Makes a refreshing change a player who isn't getting played wanting to go and play football elsewhere. ::) He's the captain of his country, of course he wants regular football.

I personally think Benayoun is a valuable player. He comes on and makes a difference to the game. He's shown this on quite a few occasions. He is good enough to be getting in some starting line ups but with a fully fit squad he would more than likely be on our bench.

I don't agree with the people coming out and slagging him off for saying this though. Pennant come out and said he wants to stay even though he's not getting played and he's the world's worst, so if Yossi said this wouldn't he be the same?
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #79: Nov 22, 2008 11:43:46 am
      Let him go and buy David Silva haha ;-) and also get David Villa while your there!!!!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #80: Nov 22, 2008 12:43:32 pm

IMHO yossi is a good player  for Liverpool  But i don't think he is a first 11 player if all the squad are fit to play
              He can  give options  to rafa ,But if he really  wants to leave  get the best offer(not less  from what rafa paid for him ) and good luck to him
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #81: Nov 23, 2008 03:31:02 pm
      yossi is a class player and should be picked ahead of lucas anyday, hes tricky and also scores goals something lucas cant do.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #82: Nov 23, 2008 03:38:56 pm
      yossi is a class player and should be picked ahead of lucas anyday, hes tricky and also scores goals something lucas cant do.

They don`t even play in the same position Lucas is a central midfielder and Yossi is a Right winger.Both of them are not that good although Yossi is better and can bring something else to the game.

Quick Reply