Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Yossi: Play me or I'm off

Read 10785 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Yossi: Play me or I'm off
      Reply #23: Nov 19, 2008 02:04:33 am
      I'm not going to argue about this anymore. I have made my point as clear as day, and you have still failed to understand it.

But back, -eh-hem- on-topic:

Yossi wants to play more or leave. I don't want him to leave.

Unfortunately I cannot say more than this due to DLS' rules about staying on-topic.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Nov 19, 2008 02:09:38 am
      If people want to say they'd rather Lucas leave than Yossi - in a thread that involves Yossi, then that's up to them. Whether people agree with it or not is another matter. Make another thread if it bothers you that much.

It's not rocket science.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #25: Nov 19, 2008 02:18:39 am
      If people want to say they'd rather Lucas leave than Yossi

And that achieves Benayoun's quest for more games...how? That's the whole point of this. He wants more games, he doesn't even neccessarily want to move on. He wants to play here. But he isn't gettin that chance, thankfully, but how will Lucas' departure mean he gets his chance? It doesn't.

What would be much better to discuss is how Benayoun is more likely to get games. How he could maybe improve his game, how he should get his head down and work hard, how he just has to wait like a lot of people do at big clubs or how he should leave. Nothin in this is to do with a list of transfers in or out of the squad, it's about one indiviual player. You can discuss our transfer activities here until your heart is content http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,10492.new.html#new

Meanwhile, back to the point people are completely failin to see. Lucas being sold does not solve this problem about Benayoun wantin games. Need I spell it out any clearer?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #26: Nov 19, 2008 02:20:50 am
      And that achieves Benayoun's quest for more games...how? That's the whole point of this. He wants more games, he doesn't even neccessarily want to move on. He wants to play here. But he isn't gettin that chance, thankfully, but how will Lucas' departure mean he gets his chance? It doesn't.

What would be much better to discuss is how Benayoun is more likely to get games. How he could maybe improve his game, how he should get his head down and work hard, how he just has to wait like a lot of people do at big clubs or how he should leave. Nothin in this is to do with a list of transfers in or out of the squad, it's about one indiviual player. You can discuss our transfer activities here until your heart is content http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,10492.new.html#new

Meanwhile, back to the point people are completely failin to see. Lucas being sold does not solve this problem about Benayoun wantin games. Need I spell it out any clearer?

It stays on the basic subject of Benayoun and Liverpool, hence it is in the Kop board. All you're doing now is fueling arguments, it's getting petty - very petty.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #27: Nov 19, 2008 02:26:07 am
      Lucase leaving Liverpool is on topic to Benayoun wanting to play games at Liverpool. OK fair enough, that one obviously escapes people with sense but there you go.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #28: Nov 19, 2008 02:27:54 am
      What DLS is saying is we aren't talking about Yossi wanting to play or he'll leave. Instead, we are talking about players not competing with Yossi for a position leaving. Lucas doesn't play in Yossi's position , so it's unfair for me and you to talk about Lucas leaving as this does not mean Yossi will get more games.

We are talking about Lucas being sold cause we rather see him leave than Yossi. We should be talking about Yossi's frustration of not having first team football and not include Lucas, as he is irrelevant. Lucas going WILL not solve Yossi's problem.

- I won't say anymore.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #29: Nov 19, 2008 02:31:46 am
      What DLS is saying is we aren't talking about Yossi wanting to play or he'll leave. Instead, we are talking about players not competing with Yossi for a position leaving. Lucas doesn't play in Yossi's position , so it's unfair for me and you to talk about Lucas leaving as this does not mean Yossi will get more games.

We are talking about Lucas being sold cause we rather see him leave than Yossi. We should be talking about Yossi's frustration of not having first team football and not include Lucas, as he is irrelevant. Lucas going WILL not solve Yossi's problem.

- I won't say anymore.

At least somebody grasps the concept of it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Nov 19, 2008 02:40:34 am

You really don't have to explian to me the in's and out's of this thread mate. And there really isn't a big need to be on your high horse.

The topic was not straying severly off topic. Like I said, there is an option to start a new thread. If we want to hammer down on any slightly off topic things on here then there'd be a lot of topics locked.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #31: Nov 19, 2008 02:43:34 am
      Yeah........but no...............but yeah..............

Sell em' both! They're both F***ing sh*te!

Enough there to start a forum war :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Nov 19, 2008 02:45:48 am
      Yeah........but no...............but yeah..............

Sell em' both! They're both f**king sh*te!

Enough there to start a forum war :)

On topic please.  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #33: Nov 19, 2008 02:56:24 am
      The topic was not straying severly off topic. Like I said, there is an option to start a new thread. If we want to hammer down on any slightly off topic things on here then there'd be a lot of topics locked.

Kenny I'm off to bed in fifteen minutes, so I'll make one last fist of it that might get through to a few. Up to now, one or two hae grasped onto the idea. Here it is.

This topic, as defined by the title is Yossi Benayoun wants games at Anfield or he'd like to leave. I can safely say we are all perfectly clear on that one point. Benayoun plays or Benayoun goes. But this topic was not going down that route, instead it was going down a route of who should be sold instead, which is not what the topic is about in the slightest. It's a very specific topic, it's about Yossi Benayoun wanting games. Now no matter how fancy people try and dress it up the departure of Lucas Lieva from Liverpool will not in any shape or form give Yossi Benayoun more games in a Liverpool shirt. That is what this topic is about, Yossi Benayoun wanting games. Now instead of saying (by the way I know you personally haven't) "I'd rather see Lucas leave" or "Lucas should go first" people may try and explain how Benayoun can get his wish of more games. If, by some confused reason, they feel Lucas being sold would give Benayoun more games than they should explain that view, but when a topic is about a player wanting games there is no reason to mention another player being sold who isn't stopping the first player.

Here is a prime example, if this was Insua saying it and not Benayoun, then I'd be first to say sell Dossena because it's hurting Insua's progress. They play in the same position and Dossena is hindering the progress of Insua. But since Lucas being at the club is not stopping Benayoun from getting the number of games he wishes, then saying "lets sell Lucas instead of Benayoun" not only does that leave Benayoun with the same problem, it is going completely off the subject as to why the topic was created. But because of people's desperation to see Lucas go, this thread has since become a joke anyway because it's no longer about how we can solve Benayoun's problem of not playing, instead it is about how Lucas fits into the situation at all.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #34: Nov 19, 2008 04:36:43 am
      Shut the door on your way out Yossi.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Nov 19, 2008 06:59:16 am
      That's the right decision. Cool down & go to sleep and start fresh another day.

Back to the topics.

If Benny isn't willing to fight for his place then put in his transfer request. He's not a poor player, will be sad to see him go, but if his heart is not with the LiverBird, what can we do? We have to move on. Sell him for something & buy somebody or promote somebody from the academy who is willing to wait & fight to get in the 1st team.

When the other palyers are playing better & we are winning, what should the Boss do?   :mad: Facts of life.

Just like Crouch case.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #36: Nov 19, 2008 07:17:46 am
      Honest to God why are the "play me or Im off" brigade always the ones who when they do get a game dont do much? I like Yossi as I do Babel but to be honest neither have done enough to say they deserve to be first 11 regulars. They both have much more to offer then they are so come on lads do your talking on the pitch and force your way in to the team dont go bitching to the papers. Theres a title to be won  this season and if everyone pulls in the same direction we might well do it but 2 or 3 lads coming out moaning isnt sending out the right message.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Nov 19, 2008 07:21:33 am
      Obviously Yossi doesn't want a Premiership Medallion hanging around his neck come May  :P
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Nov 19, 2008 08:03:53 am
      Obviously Yossi doesn't want a Premiership Medallion hanging around his neck come May  :P
      And if what is reported is true then I say let him go,I would have more respect for him if he said when RAFA gives me a chance i will play that good RAFA will not be able to  drop me.He should thank his lucky stars that he is at a club like L.F.C.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #39: Nov 19, 2008 08:48:25 am
      See ya Yossi.  A nice little £5m in our pocket will do.

Don't let the Shankley Gates hit you on the arse on your way out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #40: Nov 19, 2008 12:25:32 pm
      what yossi has to understand is that,we have a long season ahead of us and he like the others will get their chance.
      you cannot displace players in the team if they are winning.
      no F***ing point airing your views through the media,put up ur F**k off.
      when you signed on the dotted line you knew what you were getting.no one is garunteed a place.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #41: Nov 19, 2008 12:51:31 pm
      Benayoun needs to get a grip. Maybe if he was more effective when he did play he would get more games.

It never seems to be the players fault that they are not getting enough games dose it ?

We are winning at the minute and keeping a balanced side. Joint top of the league shows that you cannot argue with Rafa's first choice midfielders.

...lets change a winning formula for a player who has been average when he has had his chance. Asif.

I dont have a problem with him wanting to play more games. Thats obviously going to be the case. What dose bother me is the fact that he expects a first team place on the merit of what exactly ? If you want more chances, you keep your head down, work hard and show your willing to die for the cause.

How dare he attempt to hold Livepool to ransom by bitching to the press !

Inabit Yossi.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #42: Nov 19, 2008 02:16:19 pm
      Honest to God why are the "play me or Im off" brigade always the ones who when they do get a game dont do much? I like Yossi as I do Babel but to be honest neither have done enough to say they deserve to be first 11 regulars. They both have much more to offer then they are so come on lads do your talking on the pitch and force your way in to the team dont go bitching to the papers. Theres a title to be won  this season and if everyone pulls in the same direction we might well do it but 2 or 3 lads coming out moaning isnt sending out the right message.

That's exactly right. If players are unhappy about lack of first team experience, they have to prove they are worth it. Crying to the papers about it will not solve anything.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Nov 19, 2008 03:55:01 pm
      Kenny I'm off to bed in fifteen minutes, so I'll make one last fist of it that might get through to a few. Up to now, one or two hae grasped onto the idea. Here it is.

This topic, as defined by the title is Yossi Benayoun wants games at Anfield or he'd like to leave. I can safely say we are all perfectly clear on that one point. Benayoun plays or Benayoun goes. But this topic was not going down that route, instead it was going down a route of who should be sold instead, which is not what the topic is about in the slightest. It's a very specific topic, it's about Yossi Benayoun wanting games. Now no matter how fancy people try and dress it up the departure of Lucas Lieva from Liverpool will not in any shape or form give Yossi Benayoun more games in a Liverpool shirt. That is what this topic is about, Yossi Benayoun wanting games. Now instead of saying (by the way I know you personally haven't) "I'd rather see Lucas leave" or "Lucas should go first" people may try and explain how Benayoun can get his wish of more games. If, by some confused reason, they feel Lucas being sold would give Benayoun more games than they should explain that view, but when a topic is about a player wanting games there is no reason to mention another player being sold who isn't stopping the first player.

Here is a prime example, if this was Insua saying it and not Benayoun, then I'd be first to say sell Dossena because it's hurting Insua's progress. They play in the same position and Dossena is hindering the progress of Insua. But since Lucas being at the club is not stopping Benayoun from getting the number of games he wishes, then saying "lets sell Lucas instead of Benayoun" not only does that leave Benayoun with the same problem, it is going completely off the subject as to why the topic was created. But because of people's desperation to see Lucas go, this thread has since become a joke anyway because it's no longer about how we can solve Benayoun's problem of not playing, instead it is about how Lucas fits into the situation at all.

No worries mate. I went to bed myself as well.

Well, this news has been all over the radio today as well, so that would lean more towards what Yossi has supposed to have said to be true.

I think you can never have every player happy with lack of first team action - maybe there's a contrast between Yossi and Pennant though, as already mentioned. One wants to consider their future of playing football and the other one would rather get hammered on whiskey. So in that sense you could say you don't blame Yossi that much.

But, he's a fool to think he'll ever be part of a better team if he goes. And I don't want players here who don't want to play for LFC.

If anything, he's put himself under even more pressure to perform now. Should have just kept your mouth shut Yossi.
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #44: Nov 19, 2008 05:39:23 pm
      you F***ing b***ard piss offthen we dont need these kind of disruptions to our team and title charge. keep your mouth shut yossi before our team morale gets fu**ed
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #45: Nov 19, 2008 05:54:41 pm
      you F***ing b***ard piss offthen we dont need these kind of disruptions to our team and title charge. keep your mouth shut yossi before our team morale gets fu**ed

"The LFC Love Flows Forever", huh?

Quick Reply