Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Lucas Neill to be the solution for right back?

Read 2118 times
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 846 posts | 31 
      Oct 07, 2006 08:18:34 am
      Lucas Neill of Blackburn Rovers has just added more to the speculation that he will be moving to Anfield. Read here.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,280-2392328,00.html

Rafa did try to sign him towards the end of the transfer window however those Rover dudes probably were all annoyed s*it that we got their star Bellamy out of transfer clause so they asked for Warnock in exchange for Neill. Guess they didn't want us to take things easily out of them eh? However his contract is already expiring and he doesn't seem like he's signing a new one unless some miracle happens there Blackburn wins the Premiership a la 1995. We could get him in January for just around 1.5 mil pounds or get him for free in this summer though a move in January seems more ideal because we really are short of a right back to back up Finnan.

So the question now is, is Lucas Neill the man? Will he make a good signing or be just another Kromkamp? And what about Alves? Alves is gonna cost more but keep in mind he can also play right wing so he can give Pennant a fight on the right flank. So what do you others have in mind? Discuss!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1: Oct 07, 2006 09:51:55 am
      The solution??
      I'll tell you who the solution is, we have it already...
      two words
      Steve Finnan.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Oct 07, 2006 10:55:35 am
      Who in their right mind would want the dirtiest player in the Prem playing for them ?  We don't need him, lets spend some cash on Alves....  :D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #3: Oct 07, 2006 10:25:23 pm
      I have already said I dont want this lad at Anfield, but he has started making noises about moving, saying he wont stay at Blackburn. This is worrying haven't we already been down this road with Jullian Dicks? We want footballers not animals.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #4: Oct 08, 2006 12:09:29 am
      Court_LFC, yeah Finnan is the ultimate right back. When I meant solution, it's the solution for his back-up. He might get injured or suspended anytime, y'know.

I'm not really keen on Neill either seeing what he's done to Carra that doesn't seem forgivable. Yeah, CH, it is worrying. One day he might break another dude's leg wearing a Liverpool shirt and we'll be disgraced.

Don't we have anyone from the academy who's a decent right back and possibly a future potential? Does anyone know?
      EVILeyeZ
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 08, 2006 07:08:09 am
      Short term solution: Carra can still play as a right back if needed with hyypia and agger in centre.  

Long term solution : Either get one of the academy guys or spend some cash and get alves

No freaking thugs in the club pls. :twisted:  :evil:  :evil:
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 08, 2006 08:32:52 am
      I agree  100% with court lfc  finnan like everyone  has his  off days
      but  has steadily improved if we need a leg breaker why not
      sign a cricketer
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Oct 08, 2006 09:31:28 am
      Quote from: "Darth Joe"
      Court_LFC, yeah Finnan is the ultimate right back. When I meant solution, it's the solution for his back-up. He might get injured or suspended anytime, y'know.

I'm not really keen on Neill either seeing what he's done to Carra that doesn't seem forgivable. Yeah, CH, it is worrying. One day he might break another dude's leg wearing a Liverpool shirt and we'll be disgraced.

Don't we have anyone from the academy who's a decent right back and possibly a future potential? Does anyone know?

Ahh, you're right.
      Still is there anyone better than Lucas Neil??
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 08, 2006 11:23:22 am
      lucas neill is a good fullback and has proved it against the best in the world in the world cup, i believe hell do good for cup ties those sort of games.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #9: Oct 08, 2006 05:39:01 pm
      Anyone better than Lucas Neill? If in terms of Rafa's target then it has to be Alves. Seen him create hell during last season's UEFA cup final and I think he's a very good player.

But seriously, he costs too much. We've negotiated and negotiated with Sevilla too many times and we couldn't get him last season. Why would it be any easier in January?

Resorting to Lucas Neill seems like a nightmare to him because of his horror tackle on Carra, can't forgive him yet for that.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: Oct 08, 2006 09:42:29 pm
      Quote from: "smigger15"
      Who in their right mind would want the dirtiest player in the Prem playing for them ?  We don't need him, lets spend some cash on Alves....  :D

Umm one of you stating lucas is a dirty player one of you stating Alves is the answer, ok how about this Alves is the biggest actor diver in the game, I was not impressed with his performance in the super cup and would not like that sort of player coming to anfield. He is a protagonist and user of situations to his own best advantage, he dives there is no question and on more occasions he has dived that I would like to remember from what I have seen, I follow la liga quite a lot and from what I have seen of Alves I Would rather spend the money on Rick Flair the dirtest player in the game aka Lucas Neill, at least that way we would have cover if our Steve F should have any problems and the cover being from one of the hardest blokes in the premiership.

For one I am sick of the fiasco surrounding Alves i really dont like him as a player I think he is probably dirtyer than Lucas in slime central sort of way.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #11: Oct 08, 2006 09:56:43 pm
      me being not a follower of La Liga i can't justify to that though, thanks for the information. if alves is really such a cheater, well i personally hate cheaters especially arjen robben, drogba, and the rest of them blue sissies. to tell you the truth i haven't seen much of alves except for the uefa final. more hype than quality? can't say anything about that.

but anyways, we were looking for a BACK UP for finnan, not a finnan replacement. the thing is finnan is just boss in right back, no one is as good as him haha.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Oct 09, 2006 10:29:26 am
      Hmm, besides Alves... He wouldn't be a back up player would he?
      I don't know the answer to our back up prayers.

Quick Reply