Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Babel/keane Chance to deliver!

Read 1515 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Babel/keane Chance to deliver!
      Nov 28, 2008 01:08:47 pm
      With the news that Nando is out for up to 3 weeks a lot of people will be of the opinion that how we deal with that loss could make or break our season. There isn't a club in the world wouldn't miss him in there team however if we want to be serious contenders then we have to pick up points without him as we have already done this season.

The 3 games he will miss are winnable West ham and Hull at home and  a trip to Blackburn in between it could have been worse. But what Ill be looking for to show us fans that we are in with a realistic chance of winning the title is for Babel or Keane to step up and show they have enough about them to step in for Torres and do the job. They have showed there unhappiness at not being in the team well here's the best way to show us and the boss what were missing

Whichever one of you or both of you need to stand up and say "I'm playing for my place at the greatest club in the world and I'm going to take it". Make it hard for Nando to get back in. No more talk of "babel has the talent" or "Keane will come good" just put that shirt on and go out and do it
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Babel/keane Chance to deliver!
      Reply #1: Nov 28, 2008 01:22:40 pm
      I think Keane may have had more of a chance so far this season with Torress being out for a month already, saying that we did not do too badly. He may not have score much, but we are Top (joint) and have qualified for the knockouts.
      Babel's confidence may be waining 'cos he his not a first team choice with Rafa.
      IMO They both should play as hard as Kuyt, and we will not have much to complain about. The only thing I demand is if you can see the back of the net hit the bloody ball in to it and stop farting around with the flicks.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #2: Nov 28, 2008 11:41:44 pm
      it is at times like this that i think Rafa's relatively poor man-management (note, I said RELATIVELY - relative to the greats like Shankly/Paisley et al, not saying he's rubbish) counts against us.

i think, (and it is only an opinion) that Rafa's devotion to detail makes it difficult for players to relax and express themselves and this makes it difficult for them to adapt to the team. Keane is doing OK generally but it his final pass or goal attempt that goes wrong. Too much tension I believe. Maybe same with Babel.

in "the good ole days" Paisley once said to Ian Rush (yes, him of 350 goals fame) in his early days' struggle to get going.."Son, we bought you to score goals. Why don't you just get on and do that?"

Cue...goal avalanche for a decade.

Not saying it is really that simple but I think that is all Keane really needs...mental freedom just to be selfish for a while.

Something like that, anyway.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Nov 29, 2008 07:06:33 am
      ^Agreed. If Keane were selfish and took more chances, he would score alot.
      The way I see it, he has 3 weeks to show he can play at this level.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4: Nov 29, 2008 11:11:49 am
      I think its Babels turn
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6972 
      Reply #5: Nov 29, 2008 12:09:04 pm
      Babel's made a lot of noise about playing as a striker.  If he gets the chance then he will have to take it.

These two signings have been expensive disappointments recently.  Now is the time for the pair of them to show they have what it takes to play for Liverpool Football Club.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #6: Nov 29, 2008 12:34:59 pm
      Babel's made a lot of noise about playing as a striker.  If he gets the chance then he will have to take it.

These two signings have been expensive disappointments recently.  Now is the time for the pair of them to show they have what it takes to play for Liverpool Football Club.

i agree that keane has been a disappointment this season so far, but in fairness to babel he hasn't had the same opportunities that robbie has had.  i'm not sure though if babel can play as a lone striker in the 4-5-1 formation.  i would like rafa to go 4-4-2 for monday night against the hammers and see how they go.  i doubt he will though.

Quick Reply